42 123
Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Does anyone know a decent place to watch it online until it comes to VIP??  I'm not able to watch on Friday nights...

HAHA they just left Rush on the planet. I wonder how they'll get him back.  It's obvious he won't stay there.  Fix the ship and fly or something else.  yeah, I wish it was more planets and aliens and less "yack yack yack" but it was said this was going to be a "relationship" series.  We'll see...

I wonder if there will be other Stargate people on Universe.  SG-1 or Atlantis guest stars.  Anyone think they'll do that??

I read somewhere ,I think IMDB that some of the stargate people are actually coming to Universe.  It must be in the spring!  EXCITED!!

Reply 67#67 bala's post

Yeah, glad Rush is back and I really enjoyed the Alien encounter it was almost like the other SG's.  I would have rather seen how Rush and the girl got "out" of the alien ship, but this was...okay.  All the contreversy between the crew though is a bit upsetting.  I hope it comes to a head next week and they resolve it and get back to the trip and the ship.  I don't like that there is espianoge!

Tonight's episode was good, but I wish it was less them bickering between each other and more dealing with the aliens, space, and new ship things.  I'm all for the dynamics of the crew.  Having a mutiny was good, but seriously, did the civilians really think they could wage war against trained military.  Duhh. It will be good to see what comes of the Aliens and any special guests!!  It will be interesting if they could come across a planet with trading capabilities.  That would be kewl.  We'll see....

Reply 72#72 bala's post

Bala, You are probably absolutely correct.  At the rate they're going killing each other will happen before negotiations...

Reply 78#78 bala's post

I really enjoyed this episode.  It felt like a regular stargate and I really liked that someone is pregnant.  That just adds to the mystery.  It's a shame we have no idea though who created the planet and they have no way to get back. Thats a bummer.

MICHAEL SHANKS!!!--> next week.....

I can only hope that Rush will figure out how to control the ship, fight the aliens that apparently are on their way and figure out how to get the three characters I actually like back on the ship.  I will say this, these past couple episodes have been some of the more interesting.  I like that they are going through the gate and it's not all about what they are feeling.  Here's another thing, Are there no civilizations at ALL in this WHOLE galaxy.  I mean really.  Couldn't they have found SOMEONE to open trade agreements with!  Humph.....I need more. It's just not doing it, but I'll keep watching because I'm such the fan!!!!!!

I enjoyed getting the insite in with the Black Guy whose name I don't know.  Really explained alot.  

Reply 90#90 bala's post

I thought the still was great!  they made alcohol!   

The coming through the stargate was a bit, melodramatic.  Kinda sucked.

Reply 102#102 codebreaker's post

Great episode.  I didn't remember the alliance at all.  LOVED seeing Richard Dean and Michael.  Gotta say though, Richard has gained weight in his retirement!! hahahahah

Reply 110#110 codebreaker's post

I was sorta hoping it was the ship who fried the guy in next to the door. Not that solar flare thing.  Really glad the Lucian Alliance leader is off the grid right now. Maybe she'll just DIE and we'll move forward with more exploration plots.

I thought the two who were lost were totally sweet, but that guy needs to loose weight! hahah Surely he's not eatting that well on a spaceship where food is limited. hahah.  Just saying....  Him carrying her was awesome and their little exchange before he left was good.  She "knew".  Well of course she knew.  He wasn't exactly subtle with the "i love you" puppy dog eyes,

Does anythone think the Medic will loose the baby?  Gosh I hope not.

OCT-->  man that sucks.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

It was very kewl that the senator's daughter can self heal now.  Does that mean Rush can do something too??  They were both taken by those aliens.  Good story line.  

Rush is always playing against the odds....glad it works out so much.  The prisoners?? hmm

TJ losing the baby was sad. I was looking forward to hear being preggers and having an infant on board, but it's a given it wouldn't have worked out. They  barely survive.

That ship needs more light or color or something.  It's very depressing.  haha

Reply 4#4 bala's post

LIke her skin will turn all scaley and she'll mutate into something....that's a shame. She's pretty.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Wow.  Thanks Bala.  Those are great.

--did you get my email??

Reply 12#12 bala's post

That was a really Sad and depressing episode.....I got nothing else

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 10-20-2010 04:37  
Glad to see Eli was able to tell his mother the truth.  Also was good that the Alliance were let out.  
I agree.    Glad Eli was able to get this off his chest.

I'm trying so hard to get invested in this show entirely (LOVE SG1 and Atlantis) but this show is just so sllllloooow.  It's hard to be invested when the pace is a snail.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-25-2010 06:33  

With Atlantis Wraith was enemy they could also use common bad guy.

Universe has  yet to develop anything good  ...
I agree.  I watch because I'm such a fan on SG1 and Atlantis, but I'm going to have to give it up at the end of the season if they don't pick up the pace a bit.  They had a GREAT opportunity on the last episode with the plant things, but instead they created this whole other scenario.  Nice but shouldn't have been the focus.  3 different story lines could have worked.  

1)  Rush going through data base figuring out what the ancients had on the plant thing.
2)  protecting the gate with the fire
3)  Imaginary scenario...wake up remember it all, give the two characters some direction.  Ie) Scott see's chloe in a new way....

What says you guys??

2X06

I really enjoyed the Dream Sequence in this episode and LOVED that it was Destiny "talking" to Col young.  That is fabulous.  My biggest disappointment is that Rush put them back into FTL and the ship didn't go on it own.  THAT would have been wayyyy cooler.  Hoping Rush has to share the info soon.  Starting to get stale...

Glad to see Eli getting his Groove on so to speak.  Maybe they'll be a couple soon.  
Chloe:  BLAH  
Chloe/Scott:  Blah

Reply 45#45 bala's post

I felt that way at first Bala, but then I found out it was the ship "talking" to young, I was okay.    It wouldn't have been kewl if he was just dreaming.

Kinda disappointed that yet AGAIN we have no ACTUAL alien encounter...

42 123
Thread