32 12
Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Stargate Universe Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Intervention 1x01

Well it was a decent resolve for last season finale.  Now what is gonna happen

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Thanks,

I don't see commercials or look for promos online, so most of the time I am pretty much in the dark with things that might happen

Reply 13#13 arksongbird80's post

Just Rush being Rush, he's not going to change.  It was a shame that they couldn't work something out with the Alliance prisoners.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

a few, most got dropped

Awakening

Well another alien race, i didn't take them to be really hostile.  Heck, The SGU guys were basically caught siphoning gas from their ride.  They only knocked em unconscious and then didn't let them back on the ship.

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I don't find scifi to be anymore confusing than any other show .  TJ's vision does kind of fall in with what the people that stayed on that world were looking for, ie, the world was put there for them.

Yes Aliens, but are we going to see them soon and I wish Rush would come clean or at last act like he has just recently discovered that he can access the Ancient database

2x04 Pathogen

Glad to see Eli was able to tell his mother the truth.  Also was good that the Alliance were let out.  Better to befriend an enemy than to antagonize one.  Still wish Rush would come fully clean, maybe with Chloe it will come out.

Reply 27#27 arksongbird80's post

I kinda agree about it being a bit slow.  It's Scyfy's new thing making SF soaps, with this, Caprica, and V, not as much action and adrenaline.  I still like this show just not as much as the others.

Reply 30#30 bala's post

Yea somewhat bala, but with the new SYFY, they are trying to attract a different audience than regular SF viewers, reason they started having wrestling shows and other non SF shows.  I like SGU alright, but I don't think they are going to last even 5 seasons (SG:Atlantis, made 5, SG1 made 10)

Reply 36#36 bala's post

I was reading some other SF forums, and SGU is generally disliked as a lot of people feel is is just a poor copy of Battlestar galactica, and in a way it is, except, like bala said, the character development in SGU has been fairly poor, I do hope it picks up a bit this season

Reply 41#41 bala's post

I am curious if he will remember anything from his dream.  It was a decent episode, I just don't think that Scott and Chloe have any chemistry between them (well guess they do now )  Now with the quarantine, maybe they will figure out what is going on with Chloe

Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Well i knew something was up the second time it happened.  Also agree that Eli needs a friend and maybe she will become a member of the team.  I was kinda hoping that Young would step down just because it is getting tedious of him to not trusting anyone, maybe this will open him up some more.

Again, I don't think we will have any serious alien encounters, a glimpse, here and there.

Reply 49#49 arksongbird80's post

I agree that it is good that Rush has been outed.  I liked that Eli got lucky   And hope that she doesn't get too messed up from the Lucien Alliance guy, maybe he is just trying to get the doctor to pass a message to his contacts

Reply 53#53 arksongbird80's post

I agree about Eli, it kind of made me mad to have this happen.  Think it is a raw deal that the writers of these shows always make the misfits be the ones to suffer the most, and at the same time be the comic relief people and not take their characters seriously.  I don't think it will make him withdraw, in fact, I see him becoming buried into work, because withdrawing would leave only him thinking about her.

But of course, as the writers have shown before, the next episode, it could be all forgotten, and Eli will be again the clown, until they need him to be in pain again.

Reply 62#62 codebreaker's post

I agree that the episode did not do much for the story, but it did make me realize the reason, that though I like the show, the where something about it that irked me.  This episode showed me what that is.

It is the fear and prejudice that a majority of the characters feel and exhibit, Greer and Young being the two main ones, but it is also show by many of the other crew members.  In the other Stargate franchises, I think a lot of the show dealt with overcoming that, starting with the first episode of SG-1, where Teal'c is befriended by O'Neill.  Daniel Jackson became Ascended, various of the main characters had been hosts by the Goa' uld and Tok'ra,  all the alien races encountered and befriended.  Teyla in Atlantis having Wraith genes, when first find out, people were nervous, but her friends stuck with her and everything became alright, but here in SGU, except for Scott, who is scared and nervous around Chloe, but is trying, all the others already assume that she is "evil"

This saddens me
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 71#71 spratt89's post

We will see if Stargate Galattica gets another season.  I think Chloe helped, again not everything has to be bad, and I really hope she comes out as a hero in this, instead of a bad guy as the whole crew wants to believe.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Quote:
Originally posted by casper27 at 3-9-2011 14:29  
She has not proved yet that shes not bad/alien still. I know they did some blood tests but you never know. Remember she still has all her knowledge and we still have no reason to belive that the alien ...
I think it will, she did help, even though it was bringing the aliens to them.  And if it isn't in her blood, then she isn't changing.  I want to believe in her, other than she irritates me for ignoring Eli for Scott, but typical TV woman I guess.

Now Rush, allowing his compassion to show, what a change.

Reply 85#85 bala's post

I agree with arksongbird, I am beginning to like Rush ina  strange way, he is slowly letting himself become more compassionate, but it might be too late for others to believe it.  Hard to believe that Telford is coming back,  hasn't he like almost died 3 or 4 times altogether, I was hoping we would be rid of him.

Also, if the other Rush was telling the truth (which i kind of believe) it was amazing to see how many were going to stay.

Reply 88#88 arksongbird80's post

Stargate command is in Cheyenne Mountain, the attack was on Homeland Command, Supposedly it was done after the 2nd or 3rd Stargate movie.  It is where O'neil went when he left Cheyenne Mountain, to head up Homeland Command dealing with possible Alien Invasion.

Was an ok episode.  I thought all the Alliance people where put through the gate, didn't know that they let him stay.

Hope

Quote:
yes Chole is pretty, but I think Gin is too.  It's the red hair.  But then again, what women like and what men like....
I think Gin is much more prettier than Chloe.  I liked that they brought her back somewhat, but I am still very mad that they killed her off.

32 12
Thread