33 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Vampire Diaries Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Good first episode. It has a sort of Kane and Abel vibe to it too with the Good v Bad brother theme.

I think it's been made very well but it all depends on the storyline on whether or not this show will make it. With the success of True Blood it might just get the interest it needs, but it has to be as good as True Blood for it to last.

Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

Lol Tina, that is true!!

He's Boone from Lost isn't he? I thought I recognised him although he looks a little different.

I liked this second episode also. I'd say this show is a grower, the more you watch it the more you will like it.

Damon is a bad boy!!

I think this episode was setting us up for an all out war between the brothers. Damon doesn't want Stefan to know he still has feelings for Elena/Katherine and so now Stefan thinks he needs to be stopped. Should be an interesting couple of episodes coming up.

It's getting interesting now.....good theory Tina, I think you might be right about the people in the Church. Obviously the group of people, at the end of the episode are the descendants of the people who burned those in the Church. Or do you think they could be the originals?? Hard to know.

Really enjoyed this episode. I'm glad that she knows now!!

I really thought this was a great episode. We finally got to see some background and as obvious as it was (and it really was) we now know that Catherine turned the boys. I wonder how Elena will react to finding out she's identical to Catherine!!

When Damon snapped Vicki's neck I was totally shocked. Ok it was softened by the fact that he was turning her into a vampire, but it did make me jump.

And now we have a third vampire in Mystic falls. It's going to get interesting having a new fledgling female vampire running amuck !

I think it was telling that Damon saved Stefan. As much as he protests, he still loves his brother.

I know, I'm shocked she got killed off so quickly. They really could have made more of her in this season. Oh well!!!

I thought Damon was great in this episode.

Reply 49#49 bala's post

Yeh I agree, Lexie didn't last very long and I thought she might have been a good character to have in there!!

Damon is now in the midst of the group trying to kill them so it will be interesting to see how this pans out!!

Really enjoyed this episode. So Stefan is the reason that Elena is still alive and she found out that she's adopted. We also know Mr Saltzman's back story.  Damon's past is going to catch him out sometime!!

Reply 62#62 gabsimom's post

I really liked the interaction between Elena and Damon on their road trip. I like how he has a softer/nicer side around Elena, but he's still inherently bad/evil which gives him the edge.

I dunno Tina, I kinda like them both (I'm greedy !!)

I love your new meez by the way

Great episode. I hadn't suspected Jeremy's Library buddy up until this episode but I didn't suspect Ben at all!

So Mr Saltzman's wife is Elena's mystery Isabella? She seemed a bit too young to be her mother, but then again she was only 16 when she had her so it's plausible. I doubt Mr Saltzman is the father, obviously Isabella had some history before she met her husband.

Reply 68#68 bala's post

You never know, he might not have known about Elena. I really think this show is growing episode by episode. The storyline just keeps getting deeper!

Reply 78#78 codebreaker's post

Me too and I'd say she's going to make Steffan help Damon get Catherine and her Mum out of the tomb!

Another great episode!

Have to say this is definitely up there as one of my favourite episodes.

When Elena said that to Damon, there's definitely more of a connection than an "understanding" - Damon left the tomb only when Elena asked him to

Poor Damon finding out that Katherine was alive and well and not giving a damn about him. Obviously he'll still go looking for her and I've been thinking that when Katherine comes back to Mystic Falls she's not going to take too kindly to Elena. I bet Damon some how has to save Elena over Katherine, something like that.

It was a great episode to start the hiatus on even though I really wish there wasn't a fecking hiatus !!!

Roll on March 25th then!

So we have another one who can't die, care of the "ring". Does anyone else think that Elena is a Gilbert after all and that Uncle John is actually her father?

Stefan finding it harder to kick the habit this time and succumbs at the end

I watched the episode this morning, there were no errors.

*Edit*

Ok, on further investigation, if you watch it in Realplayer mode the issue doesn't happen. If you watch it from the first screen, it does.

Great episode this week. We saw the really bad side of Stefan. Elena and Damon have to take extreme measures to control him. I guess they are going to ween him of the stuff!

Can't believe there are only 2 more episodes left

[ Last edited by shinny at 4-24-2010 10:39 ]

Reply 100#100 codebreaker's post

The promo after this weeks episode, of next weeks episode, says 2 more. I uploaded it earlier. Hmm, I wonder did they mean 2 more after that one and not 2 more from this weeks episode. Probably.

What a great episode. I totally called that about uncle John!!!

It's gonna be some finale. You just knew Isobel wasn't all that bad and she's trying to do right by Elena, but in a messed up sort of way.

Founders Day

What a brilliant Season Finale. I knew when "Elena" kissed Damon back that it was Katherine. I really wanted it to be Elena though. Am loving the reformed Damon!!

So what was the Mayor and what is his son? I guess we'll find out next season.

I can't wait for Season 2 now.

33 12
Thread