22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Full episode taking 4+ hours to watch on firefox.

Full episode taking 4+ hours to watch on firefox.

I use firefox. I update it. I visit at 3am and try watching and it still doesn't get much better. I realise it's free to watch, but seriously? I've been on this for 4 hours trying to watch an episode until my firefox randomly error crashed and I can't even video search to get back towards the end of a 40something minute episode. I just wish it could be a like a youtube thing where you can let it load before you press play. this is just too inconvenient though, sorry.

Reply 1#1 ohmykate's post

Have you tried clicking on the real player logo in the bottom right corner and the click play in real player and then you can pause and let it buff

I really don't see a real player button or anything. And I never got a popup that I need to download any plug-ins or anything. I just see play and stop and zoom on the player. Those are my options. As you can tell, those aren't working so well for me. :/

Reply 3#3 ohmykate's post

It is the blue logo next to the volume

Reply 1#1 ohmykate's post

Hi Sorry for thew problems ur experiencing. As codebreaker suggested: click on the episode you want to watch when it the window opens - its going to show connecting when the episode starts playing click on the real player icon it can be found on the bottom corner of the episode above the time clock and next to the volume bar

I don't get a blue logo. or volume though..

Reply 6#6 ohmykate's post

Hump? I've never seen that screen before. just to confirm...u are on this site right? http://vip.tv-video.net/ Realplayer is the feed that the site use

I have never seen that screen on this site before, I just played a episode and got the normal screen like I always do.

Reply 8#8 spratt89's post

It is the first site but i cant remember what the address is

Reply 6#6 ohmykate's post

go to this site and look for the show you want - http://vip.tv-video.net/

Reply 3#3 ohmykate's post

I see you're watching on tv-video. We have another site, though most shows aren't free there. Here is the link to the VIP site. I know tv-video isn't perfect, I used to watch on it all the time, but with the increase in traffic the buffering is awfully slow. Have you seen this suggestion before? It does help.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Wow, apparently I wasn't using the VIP version, which is pay only. I clicked on this because it linked it at the bottom. I guess the free version just isn't intended to work for anyone. Lol So if I do pay, it's going to be 2F per episode or something?

if you buy 80 points at 10F$ then every 1F$ is worth 8 points which is 4 episodes and if you buy the 20F$ then each 1F$ is worth 5 episodes

And thank you, waterlilybarb... I will try whatever that is, but I don't understand seeing the first frame? What's that look like?

Reply 14#14 ohmykate's post

When the loading bar stops saying loading and shows it's at 1% that indicates it's beginning to load. There are free shows on the VIP site - they are the shows that are newly added, and there are generally 10 to choose from. Here is the link to the free show section, and the shows currently offered for free viewing. I suggest watching some to make sure you would like to pay for the shows you usually watch. That way you can adjust your Real Player settings for optimal viewing prior to paying anything. BTW, you have the option of earning forum points which can be cnverted to VIP points so you don't have to purchase any points.

Thanks for the tips, barb! I'll definitely try those free shows now before I start putting money into it.

Also, I did stop and play at the first frame, and it hasn't paused yet! (i'm at 7 minutes!!!) This is amazing compared to literally watching 10 seconds and then waiting for when it decides to play another 10 seconds. : ) very appreciative for the help.

Reply 17#17 ohmykate's post

That's great! Happy viewing!

The quality of the VIP shows is very good. If you have any problems their are always helpful people around to give you tips. This happens to be the most polite forum site I post on(its actually a bit scary for all its niceness)and it reminds me somewhat of that movie The Stepford Wives. The last time I worked it out(about 1 year ago) it was around 14c Aus dollars for a show if it wasn't free and 7c for an animated show. It is really very little cost for the quality and the fact that you get to watch shows when you want and not when the tv stations show them. A lot of the time if the show is produced in another country you get to view it before it is screened in your country. The support for the site is very good and professional. I have been using the site for over a year now and have run across maybe one problem myself, when I first started using the site, and was satisfied with the way it was handled by customer support. I hope you enjoy the site and all it has to offer!

Loading!!!

I pay alot of money to use this service, and I expect that the loading and buffering don't take an hour to watch a 20 minute long epsiode. That is not what I'm paying for. PLEASE fix it, ASAP!

22 12
Thread