Thread
Printable Version

Show not Working; Site terribly slow

Show not Working; Site terribly slow

Hi! Since yesterday none of the shows are running. The site is very slow and it takes several seconds (30-40) for each page to open. I know this doesnt sound like a lot but it IS a lot when these same pages (and other pages) usually open in less than a second or two! When I do click on the episode the window pops up and realplayer indicates that it is 'contacting' but the show doesnt begin and eventually realplayer shows an error message. This has happened with everything that I have tried, including episodes of Royal Pain, Better of Ted, and Entourage. I have also been charged points for the episodes that didnt play! Nothing on my computer or my internet connection has changed. Everything else is working perfectly fine, and the VIP tv site/shows were working fine until yesterday! help!

Reply 1#1 rd27302's post

It's going a little slower for me at the moment but it could be some site maintenance or uploading of shows. Give it a little while longer. Tks, Shinny

It has been like this for over 24 hours now. I dont know what maintenance would render the website unusable for such a long period of time. I have not recieved any possible solutions. This is truly disappointing.

Reply 3#3 rd27302's post

Hi there. Ok well it's been fine for me all day now so I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it just slow or are the shows not loading etc? Have you gone through the Realplayer trouble shooting guide and checked things like your connection speed, cleared your cache etc? Tks

Reply 4#4 shinny's post

It is not so much the videos but be pages take to long to load i tried to watch Nikita and it opened so slow it said done without video playing but i left it and went to the shop and came back and it managed to load while i was out and now is playing OK

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

If that's the case, maybe it is the tech team uploading more new shows. I haven't felt well enough to watch anything on the site for a few days, so I hadn't noticed any change in the speed.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Hmm, ok thanks for that. Personally it's not slow for me at all so I wonder why it's slow for some. Usually pipeline traffic problems and maybe as Barb said there are some uploads of new shows going on. I'll PM Ibjedward anyway and see if there is an issue. Tks, Shinny

Reply 7#7 shinny's post

I have just formatted my computer and reinstalled all the latest like Firefox 3.5.1 and Realplayer SP which might be my problem but it is like it has amnesia when you click on a episode it thinks about it for a minute before it loads but when it loads it plays OK PS no exaggeration on a minute to load

Reply 4#4 shinny's post

Like I said, everything on my end is the same. Internet etc is working as usual. Just having problems with the vip.tv website. Still painfully slow.

Ok guys, thanks for the feedback. I've sent the PM to Ibjedward so we'll wait for him to give us an update. Tks

I am sorry for this issue. This problem happened before, and we checked servers and confirmed the traffic was lower enough than the highest limit. We consulted our server provider and they said that low connection can result from many causes, normally some ISPs fail to handle their own problems. What's more, VIPTV.net have only one running data server and two streaming servers with no mirror servers, so the connection to some parts of the global is vulnerable to not-so-good service of ISPs. If speed issue can not be fixed in a short time, we will move our sites to our backup server. Thanks for your listening.
We keep improving services for you.

Reply 11#11 lbjedward's post

Thank for the quick response and explanation as for me it was back to normal in the early hours this morning and is still working great

Must say the site is still painfully slow for me, same issue as codebreaker in that navigating the site takes ages. Been like this for me for a number of weeks now

Reply 11#11 lbjedward's post

thats for the response ibjedward. Yours is the first response that acknowledges any problem and actually offers and explanations instead of saying 'wait' or irectly deflecting blame on the users internet/computer etc. now that we know you are looking into it, it is easier to be patient.

Thread