25 12
Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Reply 10#10 spratt89's post

atlast hes out.hogans have some big problems.has anyone heard that hulk has a gf?

Reply 55#55 bala's post

wow.............hello

dont u think its a bit innapropriat for this forum?

Reply 52#52 spratt89's post

those pop stars shouldnt have bodyguards who beat up paparazzi.thats wy i love hip-hop(whitch is almost dead.....thank you 50 and soulja boy(sarcasm)),they do it themselves with a entourage not bodyguards

Reply 58#58 bala's post

i have nothing against the chest of a women but others mite

Reply 69#69 spratt89's post

i heard about this.dudes police record is growing fast.doesnt mean good for him

Reply 85#85 spratt89's post

i think she deserves it.i like when people help animals.

Eminem Says New Album “Definitely More Upbeat”

During an interview with Esquire magazine reclusive rapper Eminem revealed more details about his highly anticipated album Relapse and his new, more positive state of mind.

“Within the last year, I started learning how to not be so angry about things, learning how to count my fucking blessings instead,” he told Esquire. “By doing that, I’ve become a happier person, instead of all this self-loathing I was doing for a while.”

It seems as if this new attitude has made the MC, known for his angry, aggressive lyrics, switch up his rhyme content in the booth. “The music, I wouldn’t say it’s gotten happier, but it’s definitely more upbeat. I feel like myself again.”

But don’t be alarmed, Em says he still has a lot to be angry about. “Don’t get me wrong, the aggression will still be there,” he added.

Relapse, which will be produced by Em’s mentor Dr. Dre, is scheduled for release in early 2009.

Source: Elan Mancini

Ice Cube Teams W/ Lebron James For TV Show

Ice Cube is set to return to the small screen with plans to team up with NBA phenom Lebron James to create a television show based on the hoop phenom’s high school years.

In association with his CubeVision production company, Cube is linking with James- and his newly formed Spring Hill productions - for a one hour drama set to air on ABC . According to ESPN the Magazine, Cube and King James will be co-creators of the program and will each executive produce.

Not only does Ice Cube know what it’s like to be in the spotlight at a young age, but he also has experience with sports-related projects. The 39-year-old just appeared in The Longshots, a movie based on the the true tale of the first female to play Pop Warner football.

The yet-to-be-named pilot, said to be a mix between “Entourage” and the television version of “Friday Night Lights.” In accordance with network approval, all sides hope to begin production in the spring with the goal of a fall 2009 premier.

This is not the West Coast vet’s first time working on a project for TV. In 2006 he executive produced the debut episode of the racially charged show “Black.White” for the FX network

Source: Adam Fleisher

Reply 89#89 spratt89's post

same here.ice is one of my fav rappers and when i found out hes makin this show i flipped out

my best wishes to dre´s family and the travoltas too

Vincent Ford dies

Vincent Ford, the man credited with writing Bob Marley’s classic “No Woman, No Cry,” passed away in Jamaica on December 28.

According to Intrepid reporter Brittany Somerset, the songwriter’s death comes after a long struggle with diabetes.

Both of Ford’s legs had been amputated due to complications from the disease.

Ford became good friends with Bob Marley as the two grew up in the Trench Town ghetto of Kingston, Jamaica in the 1960s.

The song “No Woman, No Cry” first appeared on Bob Marley’s 1974 album Natty Dread.

The most well known version of the track remains the concert version off the 1975 album Live!

The song later gained even more international fame with its inclusion on the greatest hits compilation Legend (1984), now recognized as the best selling reggae album of all time.

Although Vincent Ford is officially credited as the sole songwriter of the seminal hit, rumors persist that Marley added Ford’s name to ensure his friend would have royalties for the rest of his life.

Despite the whisperings, Ford went on to write three more songs for Marley’s breakthrough album Rastaman Vibration: “Positive Vibration,” “Roots, Rock, Reggae,” and “Crazy Baldhead.”

After Marley succumbed to cancer in 1981, Ford ran a soup kitchen in his native Jamaica and made no further forays into songwriting.

“No Woman, No Cry” continues to be a popular cover song.

Throughout its 35 year history, the song has been reworked by The Fugees, Sean Kingston, Pearl Jam, Jimmy Cliff, Faith Hill, and Tila Tequila.

Vincent Ford was 68 years old.

source: TMZ

Tha Carter III Determined The Top-Selling Album Of ‘08

Just in time for the new year, Nielsen Soundscan shared their annual report with select industry and media. This year’s results of retail and digital music sales included many Hip Hop stars such as Lil Wayne, Kanye West and Flo Rida.
For Wayne, the Cash Money Records veteran rapper had the top-selling album in any genre in his Tha Carter III . His sixth studio album, which included hits “A Milli”, “Lollipop” and “Mrs. Officer,” sold, according to the chart service, approximately 2,874,000 units this year.
The effort, released June 10, edged out Coldplay’s Viva La Vida, by over 700,000 units.
T.I.’s Paper Trail  came in at #8, selling 1,522,000 units, as Beyonce’s I Am…Sasha Fierce , released late this year, drew 1,459,000 units. The trio were the only urban artists in the Top 10, a list consisting of Country sensation Taylor Swift, veteran rockers AC/DC and Metallica, and the onetime Jive Records Rap artist-turned-Rock sensation, Kid Rock.
Despite Tha Carter III being the best-selling album, it was Taylor Swift, who had two Top 10-selling albums, that led all artist-sales, with over four million units from her entire catalog this year. Sampled by Boogie Down Productions in the ’80s, AC/DC also topped Wayne, putting the New Orleans rapper at third, selling 3,382,000 of total catalog in the last year. He was the only Hip Hop artist to make the Top 10.

source:TMZ

Run DMC To Be Inducted In To The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

It’s official, after being nominated in September, legendary hip-hop group Run DMC has earned a spot at the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame according to New York’s Daily News.

The trio hailing from Hollis, Queens are largely credited as the first major rap act to crossover in to the mainstream with such hits as “My Addidas,” “Run’s House,” “King of Rock,” “It’s Tricky” and “Walk This Way.” Consisting of Run (Joesph Simmons), DMC (Darryl McDaniels) and the late DJ Jam Master Jay (Jason Mizell), Run DMC will be the second hip-hop group to make to make it in to the hall. In 2007 rap pioneers Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five were honored.
Run DMC will be joined by fellow 2009 Rock and Roll inductees Metallica, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Jeff Beck, Bobby Womack and Wanda Jackson, among others in a ceremony on April 4th in Cleveland.

Source:  Elan Mancini

Nas & Kelis Expecting Baby

Nas and Kelis are reportedy are on their way to becoming parents.

According to Us Weekly the hip-hop power couple, who got married 3 years ago in Atlanta, are extremely excited about the birth of their first child together. “It’s all they are talking about,” a close source told the celebrity publication. “She is carrying hip-hop royalty!”

The Queensbridge rapper has one daughter, Destiny, with his ex-girlfriend Carmen Bryan.

Nas was recently in the news after teen sensation Soulja Boy accused him of “killing hip-hop” by naming his 2006 album Hip-Hop is Dead

Source:  Elan Mancini

DMX Speaks On Religious Aspirations During Prison Interview

While awaiting sentencing for several charges in Arizona, DMX granted his first interview behind bars since being arrested.

X opened up with Phoenix station KSAZ about many subjects including his problems with controlled substances, his religious aspirations and plans for an upcoming gospel album and TV show.

The troubled rapper, whose exploits in AZ, were chronicled in the BET reality series “DMX: Soul of a Man,” is ready to return to the small screen. “I’m gonna start a TV show while I’m in here, [called] ‘Pain and Perseverance,’” he told the news network. “It’s about how I can reach people the average person can’t reach because I’m grounded, and I’m gonna give my first sermon in the church

X, who said he has completed recording a gospel album, believes he has found his purpose in this world. “My true calling to life, [is] to be a pastor so I’m in my bible everyday.”

Source: Elan Mancini
While not getting into any specific details the Yonkers MC said he has been faced with many demons since moving to the West Coast. “It’s through all these hardships that I realized that you know what this is god’s country because I met the devil here,” he explained. “If I hadn’t met the devil here I wouldn’t realize I was strong enough to overcome the obstacles that devil placed in my path.”

Reply 158#158 spratt89's post

i hope Obama helps the ghetto cause its worse there

Reply 230#230 spratt89's post

ooh chris gona get it now.i wana hear browns side of the story too.

Reply 236#236 spratt89's post

hes obviosly scared and anythink he says cant justify for what he has done

Reply 239#239 spratt89's post

sounds like a big load of bs right there.

Reply 258#258 spratt89's post

WT- is rihanna thinking .why is she going back to that monkey.

25 12
Thread