Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

good for them, and it is also good news for Robbie Williams who is now engaged.

Reply 621#621 spratt89's post

i just can't picture them as a couple

Katy Perry expecting Brand's baby?

Katy Perry has apparently fuelled rumours that she is pregnant with Russell Brand's child.

The celebrity couple became engaged at New Year and have already said that they plan to wed 'within months'.

According to The Mirror, Perry, 25, sent Russell the Twitter message: "Hey @Rustyrockets I heard ur prego-ed. I love you @Rustyrockets."

A friend told the paper: "He [Brand] has already told us he doesn’t want to waste time. We'd be thrilled if they are having babies together."

Agents for both Russell and Perry refused to confirm or deny the report.

Source

Simon Cowell quits 'American Idol'

Simon Cowell has confirmed that the current season of American Idol will be his last.

More to follow.

Source

Report: Pitt, Jolie sign £205m split deal

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have reportedly signed a separation deal detailing how they will divide their assets and who will get custody of their children.

The couple will share their fortune equally and have joint custody of their brood of six, according to the News Of The World.

Although not married, the stars met with top Beverly Hills divorce lawyers in early December to carve out the £205 million separation deal and both signed the paperwork this month.

A source said: "It seemed clear they want the world to know they'll both play a part in the upbringing of the children. But Angelina will actually be the one who lives with them full-time.

"There's no date for when the contract would come into effect. But the paperwork is already organised for a break-up - and for it to be as unmessy for them as possible. It is clear it's a case of when they break-up rather than if."

The couple met on the set of the 2004 film Mr And Mrs Smith and were first photographed together the following year, three months after Pitt ended his marriage to Jennifer Aniston. Pitt later admitted that he fell in love with Jolie while making the movie.

Neither Pitt, Jolie, nor the legal firm responded when asked by the paper for comment.

Source

Traveling yakuza and 'Hissatsu' star Fujita dead at 76

Friday, Feb. 19, 2010

OSAKA (Kyodo) Popular actor Makoto Fujita died from a ruptured artery Wednesday at Osaka University Hospital in Suita, Osaka Prefecture, his agent said Thursday. He was 76.

Fujita's father, Rintaro Fujima, was a silent-film actor. Fujita, born in Tokyo in 1933, became a star in his own right as a leading member of the cast of "Tenamonya Sandogasa," a TV comedythat ran from 1962 to 1968.

Fujita played a traveling yakuza in the popular program, while Minoru Shiraki, 75, portrayed a Buddhist monk.

Fujita, whose real name was Makoto Harada, starred as samurai Nakamura Mondo in the period drama "Hissatsu" ("Kill") and in the contemporary detective drama "Hagure Keiji Junjoha" ("Rogue but Pure-Minded Detective").

Fujita also appeared on stage and in film and sang. He starred in the 1993 musical "Zorba" and in the 1983 film "Tsumiki Kuzushi."

He also appeared in a number of TV commercials.
In 2002, Fujita was awarded the Medal with Purple Ribbon, which is given to those who have made significant contributions to academia, the arts or sports.

Fujita canceled a stage appearance in 2008 as he battled esophageal cancer, and withdrew from a TV drama last November due to lung disease.
Last month, he came back as a narrator in the "Hissatsu" series.

Tiger Woods' Press Conference

Terajima wins Berlin film prize for best actress

Monday, Feb. 22, 2010

First Japanese to top the field in 35 years
BERLIN (Kyodo) Shinobu Terajima won the Silver Bear for best actress at the 60th Berlin Film Festival on Saturday, the first time a Japanese has bagged the prize in 35 years.

All smiles: Actress Shinobu Terajima talks to the media in Osaka on Sunday in her first appearance since winning the Silver Bear for best actress at the 60th Berlin Film Festival on Saturday. KYODO PHOTO

The 37-year-old Terajima was honored for her performance in director Koji Wakamatsu's "Caterpillar," a film based on a 1929 short story of the same title by mystery literary icon Rampo Edogawa.

"I won the award on behalf of everyone involved in this movie for doing such excellent jobs. This award is a reward for that," Terajima said at a news conference in Osaka Sunday evening. "I'm very happy that people around the world understood (the movie)."

Terajima said she could not sleep the previous night because of all the excitement, explaining that she needed to get up a number of times during the night to take congratulatory calls from her family and friends in Japan and abroad.

The film focuses on the relationship between a woman named Shigeko, played by Terajima, and her on-screen husband, who returns from war as a decorated soldier but loses his arms and legs in battle.

"It had been a while since a script electrified me when I first read it, compelling me to want to play the role," Terajima said of the movie. She said the award was also a reflection of the director's success in being able to deliver an accurate portrayal of the realities of war.

At the award ceremony in Berlin on Saturday, Wakamatsu read out a message on behalf of Terajima in which she said: "I am thankful for the award. This will be my life-long treasure. . . . I pray that there will be no war in the world someday."

Terajima had to leave Berlin before the presentation to perform in a play in Osaka that opened Sunday. She said she first learned she had won the award through the Internet.

"It was hard to believe at first," she said. "But now, I'm beginning to be thrilled by it."

"Caterpillar" is scheduled to be released in Japan in August.

Terajima is the third Japanese actress to win the best actress award at the Berlin event, which along with Cannes and Venice is considered one of the world's three major film festivals.

In 1964, Sachiko Hidari received the award for her role in "She and He." In 1975, Kinuyo Tanaka won the award for her work in "Sandakan No. 8."

The closing film for this year's festival was "Otouto" ("Younger Brother"), presented by director Yoji Yamada. Yamada was awarded the Berlinale Camera, a special award given to a person to whom the Berlin festival considers it owes its thanks.

Anna Paquin Comes Out As Bisexual

Lenny Henry and Dawn French split

Celebrity couple Lenny Henry and Dawn French are to separate after 25 years of marriage, their spokesman said.

In a statement, the comedians' PR representative Neil Reading said the couple made the decision six months ago but had continued to live together in "constant discussion".

The couple's split is "entirely amicable", he added.

The statement read: "Lenny Henry and Dawn French are sad to announce they have decided to separate after 25 years of marriage.

"They made the decision last October and since then have been living together in constant, open and honest discussion.

"The separation is entirely amicable and they fully intend to maintain their close friendship.

"Their priority is to commit to the future joint parenting of their daughter.

"They ask that the media respects the privacy of their family.

Source

Gossip Girl Stars Ed Westwick And Jessica Szohr Split

David Boreanaz Admits Cheating on His Wife

Lindsay Lohan's Jail Cell at Lynwood

let hope this will do her some good

Queen Latifah Comes Out As A Lesbian

to be honest i don't care but this would really limit types romantic movies she can do.

Michael Douglas Diagnosed With Throat Cancer

Hilary Duff & Mike Comrie Get Married!

Avril Lavigne Goes Topless in Maxim

Baby boy for Alicia Keys

Keys gave birth on Thursday night in New York and the couple have named their son Egypt Dean.

It's the first child for the superstar singer and the fourth child for Beatz, whose real name is Kaseem Dean.

The couple was married July 31.

Swizz Beats took time to tweet on Friday: "I'm so thankful for everything I been blessed with in my life wowwwwww!

Source

Thread