Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Chris Brown Publicly Apologizes For Beating Rihanna

Reply 581#581 bala's post

Well that video said it all isn't it funny how when the news broke he denied it and now video make him look like a fool

Why do this now is because he going to release a new single out ?

Hudgens 'humiliated' over Efron, Fox

Vanessa Hudgens has reportedly banned her boyfriend Zac Efron from seeing Megan Fox after being left 'humiliated' by their recent 'date'.

The High School Musical actress was allegedly devastated after reports emerged that Efron and Transformers star Fox had been spotted cosying up at a romantic dinner in LA.

A friend of Hudgens told the National Enquirer: "Vanessa feels humiliated by what she perceives to be Zac cheating on her. It stings so much more because Megan is one of the hottest women on the planet."

The insider continued: "Vanessa demanded Zac cut all ties with Megan and swore if he didn't, they were finished. Zac's going along with Vanessa's demands for now. He swears he only went to meet with Megan to discuss the possibility of working together in the future. But Vanessa's not stupid - she knows Megan was making a play for Zac."

Fox and Efron were first romantically linked after apparently being spotted flirting at the Golden Globes after-party.

Source

Kiefer Sutherland Off the Hook for Head-Butt

What Kiefer Sutherland did was pretty dumb, but not criminal.

As expected, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office has opted not to prosecute the actor for misdemeanor assault in connection with his fight with designer Jack McCollough in May.

New York police threw the book at Sutherland in April, but the case had been going nowhere since the 24 star and McCollough issued a joint "all is well" statement not long after Sutherland's head met McCollough's nose in one of the dirtiest cheap shots since Johnny swept the leg in Karate Kid.

"Do you think that you're Jack Bauer?" Late Night host Jimmy Fallon asked Sutherland during his May 21 appearance on the show.

"Absolutely not, absolutely not," the Emmy winner said. "I learned that really clearly the first season."

"We can joke about it, I guess," Sutherland added, "but it's something I really regret having happened."

Source

Jolie 'walks out on Pitt after fight'

Angelina Jolie walked out on Brad Pitt after an argument last Sunday, according to reports.

The couple, who are currently renting an LA property, reportedly had a fight after throwing a first birthday party for their twins Vivienne and Knox.

A friend of the couple told Grazia magazine: "Minutes after the argument, she got up, threw together a bag of clothes and ran to her car. She checked straight into a suite at the Raffles L'Ermitage hotel."

The source also said that the 34-year-old Changeling actress, who has six children with Pitt, collapsed to the floor sobbing just after the row.

Source

well I don't know where they got their info from as not one other website is reporting this

John Travolta to Quit Scientology?

John Travolta is threatening to quit the Church of Scientology, it has been claimed.

The Hollywood legend is apparently keen to distance himself from the controversial religion, of which he has been a prominent and generous benefactor, following the death of his 16-year-old son Jett.

Jett died on January 2, 2009 after suffering a seizure at the Travolta family holiday home in the Bahamas.

Travolta is said to be angry that Scientology was unable to help Jett, who was widely reported to have suffered from autism.

However, if he leaves the church, the organization will go public with embarrassing details of his private life, including, it is claimed, allegations of past homosexual relationships, according to Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper.

“There have been strong rumours coming out of Scientology that John Travolta is disappointed that the religion was not able to help his son more,’ Rick Ross, an American author and lecturer on Scientology, told the paper. “It’s led him to question his faith.

“I think it would be very difficult for John Travolta at this stage, given his history with the religion, to extricate himself from the Church of Scientology.

“It would be a huge move on his part because Scientology keeps files on its celebrity members containing embarrassing personal information about them.

“And Scientology has proven in the past that it has a penchant for releasing that information to embarrass people who have left and who have said things it doesn’t like.

“If celebrities leave, they tend to do it quietly and keep their mouths shut, because if they do speak out, they are opening themselves up to attack from Scientology.

“That’s why I think Travolta will want to keep his problems with the Church private.”

Travolta’s pals are said to be worried about the Grease star’s mental health due to his bizarre nocturnal ritual on the private runway that services his Jumbolair estate.

“We often see John driving himself around at night,” one of Travolta’s neighbors said.

“It’s sad to see. You rarely catch sight of him during the day. We used to see him driving around on a buggy with his son. Now it’s just John by himself. He’s always been a night owl, but now even more so.’

Source

Andre awarded substantial libel damages

Peter Andre has been awarded substantial libel damages after a newspaper falsely claimed that he had been unfaithful to estranged wife Katie Price.

The 'Behind Closed Doors' singer has reached a settlement with The Sunday People over a May 2009 article that implied he had made inappropriate sexual advances to a Price lookalike.

Speaking to reporters outside London's High Court this morning, he said: "I have never been unfaithful to my wife, not with this girl or any other girl.

"The general British public and most of the media have been kind to me and I can't complain about that and I'm grateful for it."

He added that he will take further action against anyone else who "slanders my name".

Andre and Price confirmed that they were separating in May after three-and-a-half years of marriage.

Source

Mark Wahlberg Marries Rhea Durham

Mark Wahlberg is officially off the market!

The actor wed girlfriend Rhea Durham on Saturday, it has been confirmed.

The couple — who are parents to Ella, 5, Michael, 3 and 10-month-old Brendan — tied the knot Saturday afternoon in a small ceremony at the Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The nuptials lasted around 50-minutes and was attended by a small group of the couple’s closest friends and family.

“It was a beautiful, intimate ceremony with only about 15 of Mark and Rhea’s closest family and friends attending,” an eyewitness said. “Their eldest daughter Ella looked very pretty in a white dress and she was very proud to be the flower girl.”

“Mark choked up when he was reading his vows — he was more nervous than Rhea,” says another eyewitness who adds that the inside of the church was decorated with pink and violet flowers and candles.

Wahlberg donned a dark suit and the bride wore a white strapless Marchesa dress with silver embroidery and a Neil Lane diamond-and-platinum cushion-cut ring complemented by a diamond bracelet and earrings. “She looked like a princess and beyond stunning. Mark looked ecstatic,” a source told People magazine.

After the wedding, the newlyweds snuck out of the back of the church with their children and headed for a private reception.

Wahlberg, 38, revealed earlier this year his plans to wed Durham, 31. “We’re talking about August,” he said. “It will be in a Catholic church somewhere.”

Source

Douglas son 'faces drugs trial'

The son of Michael Douglas is to stand trial after being accused of dealing methamphetamine, it has been reported.

Cameron Douglas allegedly sent large amounts of the drug from California to New York between 2006 and 2009, the BBC reports.

If found guilty, he will go to prison for a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of life.

His accomplices in transporting the illegal drugs are co-operating with the US Drug Enforcement Administration, according to court records.

Cameron was arrested on July 28. A further court date has not yet been given.

Source

Crowe gunslings his way into Japan

Russell Crowe talks to us about '3:10 to Yuma,' which finally pulls into Japan, and letting his acting work speak for itself

By GEORGE HADLEY-GARCIA
Special to The Japan Times
"People think of Westerns as being quintessentially American," says New Zealand-born actor Russell Crowe. "But they're quintessentially frontier stories. They're integral to anywhere with a frontier. Like Australia. I think the Westerns I've done could just as easily have happened in Australia."

Bang, bang: Russell Crowe takes aim in "3:10 to Yuma." © 2007 YUMA, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Crowe is referring to "3:10 to Yuma," a remake of a 1957 classic starring Glenn Ford. But he also costarred, before rising to Hollywood superstardom, in "The Quick and the Dead" with Sharon Stone and Leonardo Di Caprio (also not yet an A-list star).

Crowe, now 45, is said to have mellowed, even chastened, in recent years, following widely publicized confrontations — some violent — that many say cost him a second Oscar, when he followed up his winning role in "Gladiator" with "A Beautiful Mind."

So recently, Crowe has taken second billing to actors like Leonardo Di Caprio and Denzel Washington, and he is said to be in need of a box-office hit. In "3:10" he costars with Christian Bale and Peter Fonda in a tense story about an outlaw (Ben Wada, Crowe's character) and a rancher/Civil War veteran (Bale) and a group of men caught between lawlessness and justice, which takes time to arrive — and sometimes arrives after locals take matters into their own hands.

"It's a solid story. It's got conflict from the get-go," explains Crowe. "The suspense is real because what the frontier means is not a lot of people, not a lot of administration, you know, cope, judges, authorities in town. Few towns. It's very solid, and I, um, sometimes get the chance to play a character who goes to extremes, and I enjoy that."

One has been forewarned not to ask Crowe about his roles as a supporting actor (thus, no jokes about "eating crow"). Nor is an interviewer supposed to refer to, let alone ask for details of, his physical altercations.

Insiders have said, for a few years now, that Russell — born in 1964 — has definitely matured. When he wed longtime girlfriend Danielle Spencer on his 39th birthday, he swore to give up drinking, and has apparently kept his word.

Prior to the wedding, he had a much-gossipped-about affair with costar Meg Ryan that reportedly ended her marriage to actor Dennis Quaid and almost ended Crowe's relationship with Spencer, a some-time singer. However, the birth of their first child, Charles, cemented their bond, followed in 2006 by son Tennyson.

Crowe jealously guards his private life, but when asked about his ranch near Sydney he allows, "Yeah, home is the place you can go to totally relax. You hang your hat up, put your worries in a drawer."

Crowe has also apparently learned to keep controversial comments to himself. He gained several enemies in the business when, a few years ago, he again told the media that he looks down on actors who do commercials in addition to their acting jobs. The implication, said showbiz newspaper Variety, was that Crowe considered such stars "cheap or prostituting themselves," something, it added, "he clearly believes is way beneath him."

When it's mentioned in passing that some actors who wouldn't do TV ads in the United States do them, for considerable profit, in Japan, Crowe grumbles, clears his throat, then briefly snickers. "Yeah, well . . . it's not just the size of an audience, it's the fact of having an audience when you pretend to be an expert on a particular product, which as far as I'm concerned is a whole 'nother field . . . that has nothing to do with acting. But obviously, it's none of my business."

Crowe asks what one would like to know about "3:10 to Yuma"?

How does it compare to the 1957 original.

He clears his throat — perhaps a sign of impatience — and states: "I'm not going to be the one to call it a remake. It is based on the same story, same plot, yeah. But it's not some slavish remake or copy. When it got made that long ago, naturally if you go back to that source, you have to alter it, for the sake of relevance. It's a whole different audience now." He pauses, adding, "And Christian Bale is not Glenn Ford."

Meaning what?

"Well, how could he be?" says Crowe after a lengthy pause pregnant with impatience or irritation.

So one asks whether he enjoys acting, since one can't ask if he enjoys working with his costars. "Of course," he says. "I am an actor. That's what I do. Which is not to say that it's fun-time. Acting is discipline, it is work, it is conditions that are often beyond an actor's control. And it is giving maximum believability to your character and the sequence of events in which he engages.

"To me, acting is a craft — or whatever word you want to apply — that requires dedication and discipline. It's more than enough of a career and an art that an actor should stick to acting."

An article in British "Photoplay" once said that Crowe shouldn't be asked whether he wants to direct or go into politics, because he might launch into a lengthy speech about why thespians should stick to emoting. In the golden years when Crowe was a box-office champ and Oscar winner and/or nominee, he was noted for giving as few interviews as he could get away with. He explained once that an actor, not being a writer or publicist, is much better at acting on the screen than talking about the finished movie.

He says now: "Somebody once said: 'If your work speaks for you, don't interrupt.' I think that's a sound philosophy. '3:10 to Yuma' is a very good effort in a genre (Westerns) that's being revived around the world. It's also pretty relevant, what with the theme of outlaws and how people trying to be civilized react to an outlaw."

Russell, who doesn't hide the fact that he's a high-school dropout, plans to donate his brain to medical science (which has led to some unkind jokes in the media). He notes, "Life itself is the big learning process. You learn through the work you do, and you get better and better at it. I love the moments when my work is a joy to me. If, beyond that, a given film is a popular hit, I'm glad, because: one, it pleases other people, and two, it means I get good offers for desirable future films with desirable salaries.

"It's not that I'm greedy . . . don't do commercials, or so forth," he snickers. "It's just that as you get more famous, you get more of a probing crowd and a very probing media gathering around you, and it takes a lot of money to be able to buy the kind of privacy you need to guard yourself and your family against that." Like his ranch, he means.

"Besides, I want to stay focused on acting. This is what I do. I'm proud of it. Proud of my work. Proud of how far I've come in it."

Crowe grew up the son of caterers who provided meals to crews and casts making motion pictures.

"I saw acting and filmmaking since I was a wee nipper. But I wasn't bitten by the acting bug at a tender age, and my parents didn't push me into any given field. It's something I got into later.

"But I can appreciate the labors of hardworking, serious people — blue-collar, white-collar, anyone that scrambles to make a living and feed themselves and their family. I think being serious about your work, doing your very best at it, that is something admirable, and a noble goal."

How does he like being a father? A long pause, but no throat-clearing. "I learn as I go along. Very, very gratifying. And very, very private. Thanks for asking, though."

Any message for his fans? "Stick with me, folks. I'm getting better and better. And I'm not just doing it for meself."

Perhaps for a second Oscar? "No, no, no. Don't ask that. I act for acting, and for the audience. They're the final judges, mate. OK? Bye."

Media frenzy scared Sakai from giving up

Tuesday, Aug. 11, 2009

Kyodo News
Noriko Sakai apparently hesitated to turn herself in after she was told by an acquaintance that police stations were swarming with reporters following the arrest of her husband on a drug charge and her relative's request that police start searching for her, investigators said Monday.

The actress was quoted by investigators as saying she "got into a panic and didn't know what to do" after hearing from the acquaintance, whom she had sent to take a look at the Tokyo police station where her husband, Yuichi Takaso, 41, was under arrest and the one that received the search request from her mother-in-law.

The investigators said the Metropolitan Police Department believes the 38-year-old Sakai, affectionately called Nori-P by her fans, hesitated to turn herself in because of her panic and did not really intend to evade the police.

Sakai, who was arrested Saturday night, was turned over to prosecutors Monday morning.

Shortly after the Aug. 3 arrest of her husband, she disappeared along with their 10-year-old son. The son was later found safe in Tokyo in the custody of an acquaintance, but her whereabouts had been unknown until she turned herself Saturday.

Since her arrest, she has admitted to taking stimulant drugs since last summer at the urging of her husband.

It's a Boy for Jennifer Hudson

Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson has a new joy worth its weight in gold -- a baby boy!

"Oscar-winning-actress and Grammy-winning-recording-artist Jennifer Hudson and her fiancée David Otunga welcomed their first child, David Daniel Otunga Jr., on Monday," her rep tells ET.

David weighed 7 lbs., 14 oz. "The baby is beautiful and perfect," says Hudson's rep adds. "His parents are ecstatic."

Hollywood Reporter's Showbiz411 blog says the couple did not know the sex of the baby in advance and bought blue and pink clothes, just in case.

Source

Clooney to Sue Paps Over Underage Photos

George Clooney is gearing up for a legal war in Italy -- claiming invasive paparazzi climbed over the wall of his Italian home and shot a topless photo of a 13-year-old girl changing in one of his guest rooms.

The photographer also took shots of Clooney and his girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis enjoying private moments in the yard of his estate.

The photos were published in two magazines -- and in a statement to TMZ, Clooney says he's gunning to sue both the mags and the photog who took the pictures.

"We're suing two magazines AND a photographer. I don't know about the law in the United States but in Italy it's illegal for photographers to climb over my wall and to take long lens pictures of a 13-year-old girl in her bedroom.

I draw the line of privacy at that."

--George Clooney

Source

some people just don't respect some peoples privacy

Director of 'Titanic' signs on for Panasonic 3-D TV ad campaign

Saturday, Aug. 22, 2009

By YURI KAGEYAMA
The Associated Press
Panasonic Corp. has signed on "Titanic" director James Cameron and his upcoming film in an advertising blitz for its televisions equipped with 3-D technology, both sides said Friday.

The deal between the major electronics maker and Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp.'s "Avatar" — the first major Hollywood 3-D release that's not animation — comes as competition heats up in flat-panel TVs that show three-dimensional images, or stereoscopic vision.

To watch 3-D TVs, viewers must wear special glasses that block vision in one eye and then the other as the TVs switch rapidly between images for each eye to create an illusion of depth.

Panasonic is planning to start selling 3-D TVs next year. Rivals, including Sony Corp., which has its own movie division, and Samsung Electronics Co. of South Korea have shown prototypes and may offer similar products.

The problem is the scarcity of content to view in 3-D. Skeptics say a number of Blu-ray discs of appealing 3-D movies must come out for 3-D TVs to catch on.

Several animation films are already being shown in theaters in 3-D, but "Avatar," set for release Dec. 18, will be the first major nonanimation film debuting worldwide in both 2-D and 3-D.

"I believe 3-D is how we will experience movies, gaming and computing in the near future. 3-D is not something you watch. It's a reality you feel you could step into," Cameron said on video.

Panasonic is hoping its collaboration with Cameron will give it an edge in brand image as a 3-D leader as well as in obtaining suggestions for technological improvements for home TVs, said General Manager Masayuki Kozuka.

"We want to get global interest rolling," he said. "For people to want to watch 3-D at home, the movie has to be a blockbuster."

Panasonic plans to have several trailer vans driving around in the U.S. and Europe next month with large-screen 3-D TVs inside showing "Avatar."

Chris Brown Assault Sentencing

Chris Brown was sentenced to five years probation and 140 hours of physical labor for domestic dispute charges during the altercation with Rihanna, his former girlfriend. We have the details of the assault from the police report.

Sakai charged with drug possession

Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009

Compiled from Kyodo, Bloomberg
Prosecutors indicted actress and singer Noriko Sakai on Friday for alleged amphetamine possession, brushing aside concerns the case might fizzle because it is based on minute amounts of the illegal drug that were found in her home.

They also are expected to charge the 38-year-old celebrity with stimulant use.

Meanwhile, Tokyo-based Sun Music Production Inc., Sakai's talent agency, announced later Friday that it has fired the singer.

"We apologize from the bottom of our hearts" for the alleged misdeeds of Sakai, said Masahisa Aizawa, the agency's president.

The 0.008 gram of amphetamine seized from Sakai's apartment is well below the 0.03-gram dose used by habitual users, leading some experts to question the indictment.

Prosecutors decided to go ahead after weighing the fact that the drugs were carefully wrapped in aluminum foil, and that Sakai said she "kept them to use them later," investigative sources said.

A urine test conducted on Sakai after her arrest Aug. 8 came up negative, but traces of amphetamines were later detected in samples of her hair.

The former pop idol has told investigators she began using amphetamines at the encouragement of her husband, Yuichi Takaso, 41. She also said she fled to erase traces of amphetamines from her body after her husband was arrested for alleged amphetamine possession. Sakai disappeared early Aug. 3 and turned herself in five days later.

She stars in the Supreme Court's promotional videos for the lay-judge system, and also was a guest at an event for the Drug Abuse Prevention Center in 1993.

Witherspoon 'acts like a good Samaritan'

Actress Reese Witherspoon has reportedly acted like a good Samaritan.

According to Contactmusic, the 33-year-old Oscar winner has reportedly paid a woman's grocery bill at a Whole Foods Store in Los Angeles after she forgot her wallet.

A witness said: "Reese knows that kids make you lose your mind. When she spotted a harried mom who had forgotten her wallet, she picked up the tab.

"The woman was so flustered and embarrassed. But Reese said she would gladly take care of the $70 bill and no apology was necessary."

The witness added: "She told the mom, 'I understand, I have kids too'.

Witherspoon, who is currently dating Jake Gyllenhaal, has two children with ex-husband Ryan Phillippe.

Source

Disney buying Marvel for $4 billion

The Walt Disney Company announced via press release that it is set to acquire Marvel Entertainment. The Associated Press reports that Disney is spending $4 billion in cash and stock for Marvel and full rights to its 5,000 characters, including Spider-Man, Iron Man, and many more.

Source

Thread