Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Holmes’s late brother-in-law investigated

Katie Holmes’s late brother-in-law is under investigation from US authorities for allegedly criminal activities, it has been reported.

Joseph Jeffrey Fretti, the ex-husband of Holmes’s sister Tamera, reportedly embezzled cash through his Ohio-based funeral home, says Contact Music.

It is believed that officials discovered £120,000 missing from records kept at the firm he ran for 18 years.

Fretti, who died of a heart attack earlier this year, is claimed to have skimmed the funds from advanced payments made by an estimated 45 patrons, supposedly opting to deposit the sum into a business expenses account.

A trustee for the estate is hopeful that the wayward monies can be repaid, however warned that customers may not be fully compensated, as Fretti also owed the bank £330,000.

Source

David Letterman 'regrets' Sarah Palin joke

David Letterman has revealed that he regrets telling jokes about Sarah Palin’s daughter.

The Late Show host has denied that the quips were aimed at Palin's 14-year-old Willow, but were instead intended for the politician's eldest, Bristol, 18, TV Guide reports.

"Were the jokes in question in questionable taste? Of course they were. Would I do anything to advocate or contribute to underage sexual abuse or misconduct? Absolutely not, not in a thousand years," he said.

Letterman has made several jokes aimed at Bristol's out-of-wedlock pregnancy, which have included references to the family’s recent attendance at a New York Yankees baseball game.

"There was one awkward moment during the seventh-inning stretch when her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez," he said.

Palin and husband Todd have called the chatshow host’s references "sexually perverted" and "despicable".

Letterman has invited the Palins to appear on his programme.

Source

Fox Not Ready To Be A Wife

Sexy Megan Fox has confirmed she and boyfriend Brian Austin Green are reassessing their romance - because she's not ready to become his wife.

After breaking off their engagement earlier this year, gossips felt sure Fox was single and started to speculate about the relationship between her and Transformers co-star Shia Labeouf.

But she insists she's still with actor Green - she just has no plans to marry him.

Fox tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "Brian and I are not engaged, because when you're engaged, your goal is marriage. I don't think that's a realistic goal for me right now.

"I know I'm not capable, at this point, of being a good partner or a good wife. That's, like, a joke. We're sort of trying to figure out what our relationship is."

Source

Price's mum: 'Katie will lose the kids'

Katie Price's mother has advised the star to ditch her party girl lifestyle if she wants to keep her children, a report claims.

The model has been photographed on a series of nights out since splitting from husband Peter Andre last month.

According to The People, Katie's mum Amy Price issued a startling warning to her daughter this week after growing concerned about the public backlash against her.

The 56-year-old is quoted as saying: "The way you are behaving you'll end up losing your kids. Can't you see what you are doing to your family? Going out night after night doesn't exactly set the right example. How do you think it looks on the outside? Peter's seen as this perfect dad and you are snapped getting wasted. It has got to stop."

Price and Andre have reportedly been battling over access to their children since announcing their divorce plans.

A family friend revealed: "Amy is not happy, to put it politely. She hates seeing Jordan out and about getting drunk without a care in the world while the pair bicker so publicly about their kids.

"She knows the British public are on Peter's side but wants her daughter who she knows loves her kids deeply to think more seriously about her behaviour and image."

Price recently dismissed claims that she has a wild lifestyle, insisting that she "hardly ever" goes out.

Source

Cyrus's UK dates sell out within minutes

Tickets for Miley Cyrus's forthcoming UK and Ireland shows sold out within minutes yesterday, it has been announced.

The 16-year-old singer will embark on an eight-date tour of the British Isles in December, which will see her visiting London, Manchester, Birmingham and Dublin.

Fans were given their first opportunity to purchase tickets at 9am on Saturday and reportedly flooded vendors with telephone and online demand. The star's shows at Dublin's O2 arena on December 16 and 17 were the first to sell out, with all seats snapped up after just ten minutes.

Commenting on the rush of sales, Cyrus revealed: "I am looking forward to coming to the UK and meeting the fans. I am thrilled at the response to the shows."

She added: "I love Britain and I love London. Looking forward to the great shopping on Oxford Street. I'm a massive Beatles fan so hoping to have time to stop by Abbey Road studios for a visit."

Cyrus released her second studio album Breakout last year. The disc was the teen's first singing project which had no connection to her Disney TV show Hannah Montana.

Source

Megan Fox Q&A: Her comic-book obsession, her raging libido, and more...

After reading all those great quotes from our first interview with Transformers star Megan Fox ("As far as girls go, I have a really badass personality"), we're sure you were clamoring for more. Well, lucky you, more is what we have. Read on for some extras from our chat with the woman who once said she has "the libido of a teenage boy"...

On her recent statements against Disney, for Olivia Wilde, and about her raging libido.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY:
You recently were quoted saying "F--- Disney" for how they handled the Miley Cyrus blow-up about her Vanity Fair photo. Did you regret that?

MEGAN FOX: No, when I said 'F--- Disney!', I f---ing meant that! Because I was defending Miley Cyrus and all these young kids that they basically enslave and then basically s--- on when something goes wrong publicly. The fact that they made Miley Cyrus apologize publicly for a photograph that she took with Annie Leibovitz is outrageous. They should have had a Disney rep on the set who was watching over it, because it's Annie Leibovitz. She's known for doing a certain kind of photography. And they didn't. And that's their fault. To force a 14- or 15-year-old girl to come out and apologize like she's done something wrong is not acceptable. If you ever watch the Disney Channel, they're selling sex. All the girls on these shows have on full Pussycat Doll makeup, they're wearing tight-ass leather pants, and they're dressed up like these little cupcakes. So what they do on their network is so much worse than what Annie Leibovitz did, which was a beautiful photograph.

What about when you said, 'I have the libido of a teenage boy'?

I don't think that's true. I mean, I think within a certain relationship I can be extremely sexual, but at the same time, because I'm a loner, once I'm alone, I can go weeks, months, forever without a boyfriend and be perfectly fine. So I don't think I'm a sex addict, no.  

What about when you came out and announced that you wanted to sleep with actress Olivia Wilde?

She's completely gorgeous and I would totally date her. But come on, she's married!

Do you know her?

I've met her. And I basically apologized if I embarrassed her when I said that. She said she thought it was funny. I just think she's beautiful and very interesting looking. I just love her.  

On the rigors of shooting a Michael Bay film like Transformers:

What was the hardest part of making Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

The physicality of it. We shot for over a hundred days and there was not one day of shooting that we didn't run. We were running all day, every day. And I was in five-inch pumps and motorcycle boots. It's physically daunting. I know that sounds ridiculous, because you're making a movie, but it really is hard.

People say Michael Bay is more interested in explosions and special effects than his actors. True?

That's true. He thinks it's funny to put his actors through Navy Seal boot camp to make a movie. And it's not even necessary for the job! It amuses him.

So he's kind of sadistic?

100 percent!

And you made fun of Shia LaBeouf because he was studying his lines on the set?

Yeah, he was pacing back and forth and taking it really seriously, and I said, 'We're making Transformers 2! Have you even read the script? What else do you need to do?' But it was really smart on his part because he was trying to find truth in what was on the page. And if that page isn't good, then it's the actor's job to make it good. So he was doing his job; I was not.  

On her upcoming horror comedy, written by EW columnist Diablo Cody:  

Tell me about your next film, Jennifer's Body...

I don't even know what genre to call it. It's like a horror, dark, inappropriate comedy -- a throwback to Heathers and Jawbreaker. It's a movie about how scary teenage girls can be.

Sounds like you didn't have trouble researching that one...

Right, exactly. The basic story is that this rock band sold their souls to get a record deal and they need to do a virginal sacrifice. And they come to a small town and they pick me out because I'm a 16-year-old and they think that surely a 16-year-old from a small town is a virgin. But in reality, I'm a huge slut. And they sacrifice me and it goes wrong. And I'm taken over by a demon and I have to feast on flesh and I start eating boys to stay alive. And it's also about this friendship between me and my best friend, who is this homely girl, which Amanda Seyfried is not, but they make her look that way. And we have a pseudo-lesbian, f---ed-up, twisted friendship that is caught in the middle of all this insanity that is going on.

That sounds kind of awesome.

It's the best script I've ever read. I hope it turns out good. Diablo is a twisted mind.

On her comedy chops:

Do you think there's a double standard between men and women in this industry?

Totally. If you're billed as a comedian, people will accept anything you say as light-hearted and not with intent behind it. But if you're supposed to be a serious actor, which for some reason I'm expected to act like, people expect me to take myself seriously and not have a sense of humor. So they don't read what I say as a joke.

Do you think you would be a good comedic actress?

Yes.

If you got a Judd Apatow script, do you think you could knock it out of the park?

Completely. Yes. I'm completely confident in that, yes.

On being a comics nerd:

You're really into comic books, how did pick up that habit?

My sister used to collect comics when I was a kid, so I got obsessed with it through her. And I really like to draw so I'm obsessed with with a lot of the artists that do comic books. It's just a good world. It makes me feel good. I love Comic Con. I loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was such a big part of my childhood. I just enjoy it. I don't know how you couldn't enjoy it.

Do you have a favorite comic?

Well, Fathom was one of my favorites [Fox may star in a film adaptation currently in development]. Danger Girl can be ridiculous, but sometimes it's funny. Midnight Nation is really interesting.

Do you like nerdy guys, too?

Totally. I like funny guys and those, for some reason, tend to be nerdy guys.

Source

Cyrus 'reconnected' with Nick Jonas

Miley Cyrus has admitted that she has "reconnected" with ex-boyfriend Nick Jonas.

The Hannah Montana star, 16, split from Jonas in December 2007, later confessing that she wrote her hit single '7 Things' about the break-up.

However, in an interview last Friday, Cyrus revealed that she has been spending more time with the Jonas Brothers star over recent weeks.

"He's my best friend, and we still hang out all the time, and we've definitely reconnected," she told Tennessee's The River.

"We don't know what's going to happen in the future, but right now we're just kicking it and hanging out as much as we can."

Cyrus, who split from model Justin Gaston earlier this month, was recently spotted jet-skiing with Jonas near the set of her new film The Last Song. She also teamed up with her ex on duet 'Before The Storm' for The Jonas Brothers' latest album.

"We both just kind of saw each other again and kind of decided this whole thing was stupid and... we all were over the separation," she added. "And our families are super happy that we're hanging out again."

Source

MIA FARROW'S BROTHER FOUND DEAD IN ART GALLERY

A sibling to actress Mia Farrow was reportedly discovered dead in his Vermont art gallery.

Patrick Farrow, 66, was found on Monday at the Farrow Gallery in Castleton by police who responded to an emergency call, the Associated Press reports.

According to AP, an autopsy has been planned to determine Patrick's cause of death.

Keep checking ETonline for more on this developing story…

Source

Fox hits out over 'drug use' accusation

Megan Fox has hit out at an interviewer who suggested that her drug use could influence vulnerable fans.

The actress suggested that a journalist at the press conference for Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen had misrepresented her recent admission to smoking marijuana.

Fox said: "I wouldn't call it 'recreational drug use', because that makes it sound like I'm going to clubs and doing cocaine. I talked about the legalisation of marijuana which I think in the US it should be.

"If alcohol is legal I don't see why we still have a ban on marijuana, that's all. You asked me if I'm going to influence vulnerable girls, are they reading British GQ?"

Source

Jennifer Aniston 'dating Bradley Cooper'

Jennifer Aniston and Bradley Cooper are dating, it has been reported.

According to The Sun, the pair, who co-starred in He's Just Not That Into You, spent the evening having dinner in New York earlier this week.

"Jen was giggling like a teenager and giving some pretty intense body language. It's obvious she's really into Bradley," said a source.

Cooper, who stars in the UK box office's current number one The Hangover, denied allegations that he was dating the Friends actress last month, saying he was "very flattered" but that the reports were "not true".

However, the insider added: "Jen is really sweet on Bradley. She says he's perfect physically and she loves his sense of humour. You can expect to see a lot of these two together over the next few weeks."

Aniston recently spoofed on her love life and career at the Women In Film Awards

Source

Quaid Babies Settle Drug Lawsuit

Dennis Quaid and his wife Kimberly have reached a settlement with the hospital where their twins were given an alleged accidental overdose of the blood-thinning drug heparin in 2007.
Documents say the Quaids will receive $500,000 in their settlement with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, reports the Associated Press. A petition filed in May with the L.A. Superior Court indicates that the settlement will be split equally between twins Zoe Grace and Thomas Boone.

Cedars-Sinai is also offering the twins medical care free of cost for any residual health problems related to the heparin-overdose incident. On November 18, 2007, the Quaid's then-newborns were given alleged accidental and potentially life-threatening overdoses of the blood thinner.

Source

Madonna's new daughter has been flown to London

Madonna's new child flown to London

20 June 2009 02:17pm
Madonna's new daughter has been flown to London, an airport employee and a source familiar with the pop star's adoption proceedings in Malawi has said.

The airport worker said three-year-old Chifundo "Mercy" James flew out on a private jet, heading for London, with a stop in neighbouring South Africa.

The person familiar with the adoption said the little girl was due to arrive in London.

Malawi's highest court granted the adoption on June 12.

Mercy, the second child Madonna has adopted from Malawi, was reportedly accompanied on the flight by a nanny, a child nurse and a third aide.

The adoption decision on June 12 overturned a lower court ruling in April that Madonna had not spent enough time in Malawi to be given a child.

The high court said the first judge had imposed too narrow a definition of residency, and praised Madonna for her work with children in a poor country where half a million have lost a parent to Aids.

Madonna's Raising Malawi, a charity founded in 2006, helps feed, educate and provide medical care for some of Malawi's orphans.

Madonna adopted a son, David, from Malawi last year.

Children's welfare groups had expressed concern that rules meant to protect children were being bent because of Madonna's celebrity, and perhaps out of gratitude for what she has done for Malawi.

© The Press Association

Cowell: 'Boyle could not cope with losing'

Simon Cowell has admitted that he made errors in judgement over his handling of Susan Boyle.

The Britain's Got Talent singer was admitted into the Priory clinic earlier this month after suffering from exhaustion following losing out to Diversity in the talent show's final.

He told The Mirror: "I suddenly realised she didn't know how to cope with losing. We didn't handle it well.

"At the crucial point in the final, I looked at her face and thought, 'Christ, she doesn't know how to deal with not winning'. It was a bad moment."

Boyle cancelled a fourth performance of the reality series's live concerts in Cardiff last night.

Earlier this week, Cowell's fellow judge Piers Morgan said that she was "mentally fine" and further accused the media of hypocrisy.

Source

McConaughey To Be A Dad Again

Matthew McConaughey is to become a father again - his girlfriend Camila Alves is pregnant with the couple's second child.

The Hollywood actor, 39, who already has an 11-month-old son, Levi, with Alves, took to the Internet on Father's Day to announce the happy news.

He writes on his official website, "Happy Father's Day. It's my first, and the last 11 months with Levi and Camila have been the most rewarding adventure to date. We have more blessed news to celebrate this Father's Day that (will) make this time next year double the fun. Levi is going to be a big brother... Yeah, we pulled off the greatest miracle in the world one more time, Camila and I are expecting our second child, bringing more life into the world, making more to live for. The future looks bright as the family grows."

Source

Megan Fox Apologizes for Snubbing Child’s Rose

Last week, as Megan Fox was leaving the London premiere of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, a young fan attempted to show his appreciation for the actress with a rose. Unfortunately, his gentlemanly gesture was foiled due to all the paparazzi chaos surrounding Megan, and the above picture is what happened instead. The boy has a look of desperation on his face while the object of his affection appears disgusted and annoyed. It is a perfect picture, just made for the kind of celebrity mockery that happens here on the Internet. Collider.com gave Megs the opportunity to address the rose snub over the weekend and, for the first time, she actually said something sincere and real...

Source

Brown 'strikes plea deal' in assault case

Chris Brown is understood to have reached a plea deal in relation to an alleged altercation with ex-girlfriend Rihanna.

The R&B star, 20, had been charged with assault and making criminal threats regarding the incident that happened in the early hours of February 8. He had faced up to four years behind bars if convicted.

It is reported that by pleading guilty to the felony charge he will now have to complete five years of supervised probation and six months of community labour in his home state of Virginia.

According to People, the judge said: "I want Mr Brown to be treated the same as any other defendant who would come into this court.

"That means something like Caltrans [rubbish pickup] or graffiti removal, and a two-week domestic violence program."

He was also ordered to stay at least 50 yards away from Rihanna for the next five years, except at public events where the distance was reduced to 10 yards.

Brown will have to return to the California court for a progress update every three months.

Rihanna, 21, had been expected to testify at the preliminary hearing later today. She was photographed arriving at the courthouse but was reportedly not present in the courtroom when the plea deal was announced.

Source

Ed McMahon dies at age 86

Television personality and Tonight Show veteran Ed McMahon died June 23 at age 86. He passed away at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles; he'd been receiving treatment for pneumonia for the past several weeks. McMahon was Johnny Carson's Tonight Show sidekick from 1962 until Carson retired in 1992. In addition to providing a "human laugh track" for Carson, McMahon announced the host each night with his now-iconic phrase, "Heeeeeere's Johnny!" McMahon is also known for his Publishers' Clearing House commercials and hosting duties on Star Search. He was most recently in the news last year for financial problems that nearly resulted in the foreclosure of his California home. He was prominently featured alongside MC Hammer in a Super Bowl commercial this year for Cash4Gold, which poked fun at his financial woes.

Source

Perez Hilton's Will.i.am-Fightin' Words Anger GLAAD

What's to do if GLAAD can't rely on Hollywood's self-proclaimed gossip queen to avoid the f-word?

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation is none too pleased with blogger Perez Hilton for mixing a few anti-gay slurs into his diatribe against Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am.

"I don't need to respect you and you're a f-g. You're gay and stop being such a f----t," the openly gay Hilton said in a video blog response to reports of a fight between him and the hip-hop singer last night in Toronto.

"These are vulgar anti-gay slurs that feed a climate of hatred and intolerance toward our community," said Rashad Robinson, senior director of Media Programs at GLAAD. "For someone in our own community to use it to attack another person by saying that it is, quote, 'The worst possible thing that thug would ever want to hear,' is incredibly dangerous.

"It legitimizes use of a slur that is often linked to violence against our community. And it sends a message that it is OK to attempt to dehumanize people by exploiting anti-gay attitudes."
Hilton maintains that was was roughed up by Will.i.am and one of the Peas' security guards. Polo Molina, 36, has been charged with one count of assault and ordered to appear in court August 5.

The "Boom Boom Pow" singer said in his own video post that he did not hit Hilton, but rather was just coming to Fergie's defense, claiming the celeb-dirt shoveler had disrespected his bandmate.

"This dude twists it and says that I assaulted him," Will.i.am said. "When I was the one that came to him with respect and he was the one who called me a [f-----t] outside the club."
Now GLAAD is calling upon Hilton to admit to his mistake.

"We have reached out to Hilton and asked him to apologize for promoting this anti-gay slur, and we would ask media outlets to avoid repetition of the slur in their coverage of this story," Robinson said.

But it's not as if the GLAAD folk think, no matter how inappropriate Hilton's reponse, that the blogger deserved to get hit.

"While not all the facts in this case are known, the violence that appears to have been committed against Perez Hilton is unacceptable and ought to be condemned in the strongest possible terms," Robinson added.

There's been no response yet from Hilton, who Twittered earlier today that he was "honestly SHOCKED at the amount of people saying [he] deserved to be hit.
"Shame on you! NO. Violence is never the answer. NEVER."

Source

Miley -- Too Young For this Much Fun?

These pictures of Miley Cyrus allegedy mocking Asians goofing around in the makeup room on the set of her latest film, "The Last Song," has the Internet buzzing the poses are too provocative for a 16-year-old.

Director Adam Shankman -- who is a producer on the film and appears in one of the pics -- originally posted the photos on his Twitter page and tweeted the following message in reference to the so-called "controversy":

"Miley is a sweet angel who works tirelessly and endlessly, and is allowed to have fun in the make up room! Seriously! Lighten up or no more behind the scenes pics! She's like my angel little sister."

[Picture

Jackson's Crippling Golf Memory With Mac

Late comedian Bernie Mac left Samuel L. Jackson with a painful memory he will never forget - the funnyman accidentally struck him with a golf ball during a game.

The stand-up comic challenged the Hollywood star to a friendly match while Jackson was filming The Negotiator in Mac's native Chicago, Illinois.

After teeing off, Jackson was too impatient to wait for his pal to finish his swing - and headed off up the fairway.

But he was sent sprawling to the ground when Mac played his shot and the ball slammed into Jackson's back.

The actor admits the blunder could have cost him his life - but the incident still makes him chuckle.

He says, "I was walking to my ball and I felt this searing pain in my back. It sounded like a gunshot... I realised was on my knees trying to figure out what had happened.

"All I could hear from him was this laughter. He walked up to me and he said, 'You shouldn't have been in front of me like that!'. But he never said he was sorry for hitting me."

Mac died aged 50 in August 2008 of complications due to pneumonia.

Source

Thread