Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Monaghan's Slap-happy Test For Girls

Dominic Monaghan had an unusual way of working out if he fancied a girl - he would insist she slapped him across the face.

The Lord of the Rings star, 32, has been dating former Lost co-star Evangeline Lilly since 2004, and admits that when he was younger he used to enjoy rough antics - both in and outside the bedroom.

He says, "In my single days, a way for me to work out whether I was into a girl would be to ask her to slap me across the face. If it was rough, then I would be into it, but if it was a soft one, then I wasn't into her."

And the British actor discovered such kinky behaviour would continue once he got the girl home: "There'd be a lot of slapping going on, a lot of scratching, biting, all that kind of stuff. But that's not really my thing now. As a young man you're a bit more self destructive. I was quite drunk when all this stuff was going on."

Shields lawyer Statements attributed to Shields are neither true nor authorized

Gerald Lefcourt, a lawyer for Brooke Shields, has issued the following statement regarding comments published in outlets like TMZ regarding her involvement in Kiefer Sutherland's alleged assault of designer Jack McCollough:

"A number of statements have been attributed to Ms. Shields in the media that are neither true nor authorized. These statements were obviously made by those who were not in attendance at the party and constitute their version of events. While at the party she was bumped into by Jack McCollough and Kiefer Sutherland became concerned. Kiefer has always been a gentleman in her company. Both Jack and Kiefer are friends of Ms. Shields and she regrets this unfortunate situation."
TMZ had said a rep told them "nothing happened to [Shields]" in the tussle, but said she was "jostled" by the designer prior to the head-butting incident.

Sutherland's Attorney Says Actor Wasn't "Instigator" in Case

Kiefer Sutherland's attorney says the actor was "neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer" in the incident that led to a misdemeanor assault charge against with the 24 star, who is accused of head-butting a fashion designer.  

"We are troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information circulating regarding Kiefer Sutherland and events of last Monday evening," attorney Michael C. Miller said in a statement.

"We are confident, however, that the investigation being conducted by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and the NYPD will confirm that Kiefer Sutherland was neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer in this incident. Out of respect for this law enforcement process, Kiefer Sutherland will not be making any comment."

Sutherland was charged with third-degree assault after turning himself in to police Thursday. He was released and must return for a court hearing.

Witnesses have said fashion designer Jack McCollough bumped Brooke Shields at an after-party for the Met Costume Institute Gala on Monday, and that Sutherland demanded that McCollough apologize. McCollough pushed Sutherland, and the actor responded with a head-butt, the witnesses said.

The New York charge could trigger additional legal problems for Sutherland. The actor is serving five years' probation, which started in December 2007, on a Los Angeles DUI charge. Committing an assault could violate that probation, a spokesman for the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office said.

Hunter Plans August Wedding

Rocker Rod Stewart's ex-wife Rachel Hunter will wed for the second time in a California ceremony this August.

The 39-year-old and Canadian ice hockey star Jarret Stoll - who is 12 years her junior - got engaged in August after dating for two years.

The former model tells People.com the pair will exchange vows in "Northern California in mid-August".

And she can't wait for the big day to come - because she keeps changing her mind about details of the ceremony.

She adds: "I am terrible. I need to be given less time than a year to plan, because I change my mind so often. It was going to be in Mexico, but we decided otherwise. I've made seven changes to the location.”

Hunter and Stewart finalised their divorce in 2006 after 16 years of marriage. They share two children.

Fox's Lesbian Tendencies

Transformers beauty Megan Fox is attracted to women as well as men - but would never consider dating another bisexual female because she wouldn't want a male's "dirty" leftovers.

The actress - who has an on/off relationship with former Beverly Hills, 90210 actor Brian Austin Green - admits she is drawn to sexy women but would only sleep with a lesbian.

She tells Esquire magazine, "I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.

"But I'm also a hypocrite: I would never date a girl who was bisexual, because that means they also sleep with men, and men are so dirty that I'd never want to sleep with a girl who had slept with a man."

Superman's Suit For Sale

Comic book fans will be able to get their hands on a piece of superhero history this month - the suit Christopher Reeve wore as Superman is to go under the hammer in Australia.

The red, blue and yellow outfit that was donned by the late Reeve in 1983 film Superman III is now being offered for sale in Melbourne, Australia by a private collector.

The leotard, which bears the famous S logo, was used in Superman II, while the red trunks and yellow belt are from Reeve's debut as the Man of Steel in 1978's Superman The Movie.

The costume is expected to fetch between $11,470 (£7,646) and $15,294 (£10,196) when it goes to auction on 24 May.

Reeve played the superhero in four movies between 1978 and 1987. He died aged 52 in 2004.

Sutherland 'grateful' for fans' support

Kiefer Sutherland has revealed that he is "grateful" for the support that he has received following allegations that he headbutted a fashion designer.

The 24 star was charged with misdemeanour assault last week after Jack McCollough accused the actor of headbutting him at a party in New York.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, Sutherland said: "Unfortunately, I'm not really in a position to comment until the situation is really dealt with, but I've certainly felt a lot of support and I'm grateful for that."

It had been reported that the pair became embroiled in a scuffle after Sutherland accused the designer of bumping into actress Brooke Shields. However, an attorney for Sutherland recently dismissed the allegations.

In a statement, he said that he was "troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information" surrounding the alleged incident, insisting that his client was "neither the instigator nor the wrongdoer" in the altercation.

Peeping Tom Labeouf Spied On Charlie's Angels

Shia Labeouf spied on Hollywood beauties Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu during the filming of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - because his trailer was directly opposite the girls' dressing rooms.

The Transformers star had a minor role in the 2003 film, and was granted his own relaxation area during the shoot.

The 22-year-old actor was delighted - as his room overlooked Diaz and Liu's private quarters, and he set about "peeping" through the window.

He says, "My trailer was set up so Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu's trailers were visible through my window.

"I'd put down the blackout shade just enough to have my eye peeping through and get them in my crosses."

Adams' Treat For Stiller's Daughter

Amy Adams made a dream come true for Ben Stiller's young daughter - she treated the seven-year-old Enchanted fan to a tea party with her favourite Disney princess.

Stiller stars alongside Adams in new movie Night at the Museum 2, and his daughter Ella was delighted to hear her father was working with her idol, who played Giselle in the 2007 kids' film.

And Adams was happy to arrange a special surprise for the youngster, organising a trip to the Stiller family home for an afternoon of tea and cake with Ella.

Stiller says, "My daughter is really excited that Amy Adams is in the movie because she loved Amy's film Enchanted. So Amy came over to our house and had a tea party and that was pretty special."

24 Co-star Defends Sutherland

Kiefer Sutherland's former 24 co-star Carlos Bernard has leaped to his pal's defence following allegations he assaulted a fashion designer at a New York party.

Sutherland is charged with third-degree assault after allegedly headbutting Proenza Schouler co-founder Jack McCollough at a Met Costume Institute Gala afterparty earlier this month.

Bernard, who played government agent Tony Almeida in the hit drama series, has been friends with Sutherland since they began working together in 2001.

And the 36-year-old star can't believe his friend would commit such a violent act - because the behaviour seems so out of character for Sutherland.

He says, "Kiefer is one of my best friends, and he's a great guy. I've been around the world with him in bars and social situations, and I've never seen anything close to this happening, He always bends over backwards to be courteous with people and to be generous with his time."

Sutherland, who is currently under a probation order in Los Angeles relating to a 2007 conviction for driving under the influence, faces a $1,000 (£660) fee and up to a year in jail if convicted of the third-degree assault charge.

His arraignment is scheduled for 22 June at Manhattan Criminal Court.

Ford Confirms Flockhart Engagement

Hollywood legend Harrison Ford has finally confirmed he is set to wed longtime girlfriend Calista Flockhart - three months after engagement rumours first circulated.

Internet gossips claimed the Star Wars actor had proposed on St. Valentine's Day, asking the former Ally McBeal star to be his wife during a family vacation

The couple refused to comment on their plans to walk down the aisle, but Ford has finally confessed - after a TV reporter offered his congratulations.

During an interview for U.S. news show Entertainment Tonight, a reporter asked the actor if engagement congratulations were in order, to which Ford replied, "Yeah, thank you very much."

The pair has been together for seven and a half years.

The Cosby Show Cast Reunion on The Today Show 5/19/09

Patrick Swayze death rumour denied by rep

Patrick Swayze's spokesperson has insisted that the actor is "alive and well" following false reports that he had passed away.

A US radio station today claimed that the Dirty Dancing star had lost his battle against pancreatic cancer at the age of 56.

The rumour quickly spread to the internet, with hundreds of messages on the matter being exchanged per minute on the online blogging site Twitter.

However, speaking to ET, Swayze's representative commented: "This is to confirm that Patrick Swayze did not pass away this morning, contrary to severely reckless reports stemming from a radio station in Jacksonville, Florida.

"Patrick Swayze is alive, well and is enjoying his life, and he continues to respond to treatment."

Swayze's doctor confirmed that the actor was battling cancer in March 2008. It was recently claimed that he remains "in good spirits" despite his health problems.

Jolie attends warlord trial in Netherlands

Angelina Jolie attended the trial of Congolese warlord Thomas Lubanga Dylio, who is accussed of using child soldiers.

The actress watched the proceedings at the International Criminal Court in the Netherlands on Tuesday from a courtside booth, Access Hollywood reports.

Jolie said that the case was "a landmark trial" for children.

"After watching the proceedings from the viewing booth, I stood up and found Thomas Lubanga Dylio looking at me. I imagined how difficult it must be for all the brave young children who have come to testify against him," the mother-of-six said.

It was also Jolie's second visit to the world's war crimes tribunal as goodwill ambassador for the UN refugee agency UNHCR.

"Using children in conflict is a heinous crime and destroys the very fabric of society," she added.

Dylio has pleaded innocent to the charges of using child soldiers.

Rachel Bilson's LA home burgled

Rachel Bilson's Los Angeles home has been burgled, reports say.

According to People, the theft occurred sometime in the past few weeks while Bilson was in Canada with fiancé Hayden Christensen.

"She's shaken. She feels violated," a friend of the actress said.

The pal also claimed that thousands of dollars worth of designer shoes, clothes, bags and jewellery were stolen from the star's home.

"Fashion is her passion. She's devastated," they added.

A representative for Bilson has confirmed the break-in but is yet to make an official statement.

HEATH LEDGER'S FINAL PERFORMANCE PRESENTED IN CANNES

Heath Ledger's final film 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' has been presented at the Cannes Film Festival with a special dedication.

In his final big screen performance Ledger plays Tony, a man who finds a mysterious theater group that has the ability to travel to fantasy worlds, the Associated Press says.
Ledger died after finishing the real-world scenes of the movie and director Terry Gilliam completed the film with Jude Law, Johnny Depp, and Colin Farrell taking the late actor's role as the character travels to make-believe realities.

The movie ends with a special dedication; "A film from Heath Ledger and friends."

Cops Interrupt Hef's Backgammon Game

Don't you just hate it when you're sitting around in your bathrobe, playing backgammon with your son, blonde bombshells at your beck and call -- and the cops show up and ruin the whole thing?

That's exactly what happened last night to Playboy main man Hugh Hefner. He was enjoying said game of backgammon with his son Marston (a Thursday tradition) when a slew of cop cars rolled up to the Playboy Mansion. Turns out the po-po received a call that shots were fired and came to see what was going down.

Alas, the call was wrong -- the only shots being fired were of the backgammon variety.

Now that's what I call funny

Penn: 'Separation was arrogant mistake'

Sean Penn has admitted that he was wrong in his decision to file for divorce from wife Robin Wright Penn.

The Oscar-winning actor had sought legal separation from Wright Penn last month, but yesterday asked the court to dismiss his request.

In a statement to Access Hollywood, Penn described his actions as "an arrogant mistake".

He had originally claimed "irreconcilable differences" in his legal papers filed in Marin County, California, on April 24, which marked the second time that he had filed for divorce from Wright Penn. He initially sought separation in 2007, before reconciling with the actress last year.

The couple, who married in 1996, are parents to daughter Dylan, 18, and 15-year-old son Hopper.

Report: Kiefer Sutherland, Designer Resolve Issues in Head-Butt Case

Kiefer Sutherland and Jack McCollough, a designer who accused the 24 star of breaking his nose, have resolved their differences, laying the foundation for a charge to be dropped, the Associated Press reports.

Sutherland's reps told the AP that he is sorry about the incident, and regrets that McCullough was injured. McCollough wished the actor well, according to the report.

On May 7, Sutherland turned himself in and was charged with third-degree assault after a dispute involving the designer and Brooke Shields at an after-party for the Met's Costume Institute Gala in New York. Witnesses had said Sutherland head-butted McCollough.

Several days later, Sutherland's attorney said that the actor was "neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer" in the incident.

Sutherland is due in court June 22.

Source

50 Cent defends 'perfectionist' Jackson

50 Cent has defended Michael Jackson's decision to postpone the opening of his forthcoming London gigs.

It was confirmed earlier this week that Jackson's residency at the capital's O2 arena would begin four days later than planned. According to concert promoters AEG, the star needed more time to rehearse for his stint.

Though fans have since launched an online petition in protest at the move, rapper 50 has insisted that the singer is acting in the best interests of his supporters.

Speaking to reporters at the Cannes Film Festival, he explained: "Michael Jackson is such a perfectionist, you know? He is the King of Pop. Until someone tops 'Thriller' he's going to have that, and the odds are it ain't gonna happen no time soon."

AEG recently dismissed reports that Jackson is suffering from skin cancer as "preposterous".

Source

Thread