Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Aniston reconciles with mother

Jennifer Aniston has revealed that she and her estranged mother Nancy have reconciled.

The New York Post reports that the two spent years not communicating with each other, but have now put the past behind them.

"Things are now fine between us. All of that is over, and we're in touch with one another. Today Mum has moved from California and she's living in Colorado, and we speak. It's all over," the newspaper quotes the Friends star as saying.

The pair's relationship apparently broke down after Nancy Aniston gave an interview to a tabloid television programme and wrote the tell-all book From Mother And Daughter To Friends: A Memoir.

Oprah KFC promotion sparks complaints

Oprah Winfrey’s Kentucky Fried Chicken coupon promotion on her website has led to some dissatisfied customers for the fast-food chain, reports say.

Winfrey posted a coupon on her site for 24 hours on Tuesday after she had announced the deal on her talkshow, People reports.

However, some patrons wanting free meals in New York City were not able to sample the franchise’s new grilled chicken, which had been touted by Winfrey.

Internet rumours subsequently surfaced that fights had ensued after customers were turned away when the restaurant ran out of the healthier alternative to their famed fried chicken.

"Some customers were upset because they couldn't get their chicken, but there was no riot," said KFC spokesperson Laurie Schalow.

Schalow promised that the coupons will still be honoured, adding that she considers the promotion a success due to the sagging economy and Winfrey’s word-of-mouth abilities.

Oprah KFC promotion sparks complaints

and it cost million$$$ to KFC as Oprah's TF...

Grey's Anatomy' star gives birth to baby girl

Chyler Leigh has given birth to a baby girl, it has been announced.

The actress, who plays Dr. Lexie Grey in Grey's Anatomy, welcomed her daughter Anniston Kae earlier this morning.

Leigh's representative told People: "Both mother and child are healthy."

The 27-year-old and her husband, actor Nathan West, already have two children, Noah Wilde, 5, and Taelyn Leigh, 2.

Ellen & Portia Top Babysitter List

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi have topped a new poll to find the most trusted celebrity babysitters.

The married couple has no kids but more mums would trust their children with them than Angelina Jolie, according to the ParentDish.com survey.

And, in another blow for mum-of-six Jolie, American mothers would rather Brad Pitt's ex-wife, Jennifer Aniston, look after their children than his current partner. She came in second, while Jolie was third.

Jolie also finished fifth on an accompanying list of the best celebrity mums - behind Jennifer Garner, U.S. First Lady Michele Obama and Reese Witherspoon.

Courtney Love and Dina Lohan topped a list of the worst celebrity mums.

More than 10,000 mothers took part in the U.S. Mother's Day-related online poll.

Panettiere Yearns For Big Family

Hayden Panettiere is feeling broody after getting in some early parenting practise as a god mother.

The actress, 19, is single after splitting from Heroes co-star Milo Ventimiglia earlier this year, but admits she yearns to be a mum and have a big family.

She says, "As a god mother, I have a bit of responsibility. Oh my god, you're tired and you just want to sleep in but you've got to take care of a baby. I hope I have that much patience.

"I'm 19 and I want a family. I actually want a lot of kids, but not like 10."

Brooke Shields -- Shaken But Not Stirred

So this whole rift between Brooke Shields and Kiefer Sutherland over the headbutting incident ... here's the real story.

Brooke's reps told us that Kiefer was full of it when he said alleged victim Jack McCollough knocked Brooke over. Her reps said "nothing happened to her."

But Brooke has told friends she was indeed "jostled" by McCollough just before the headbutting, though she says it was "no big deal." Brooke says after McCollough made contact with her she fell, but not all the way to the ground. She doesn't believe it was intentional.

Brooke blames the fall on her 6" high heels and the fact that the room was dark and crowded and it was really really late.

Brooke says it all happened so fast.... but fact is, she does back up Kiefer on the issue of contact.

Stiller Mourned Lennon's Death At Vigil

Ben Stiller felt connected to John Lennon following the rocker's assassination in 1980 - he joined thousands of fans in a famous vigil outside the Beatles legend's New York apartment.

As a wannabe rock star, Stiller was inspired by living just blocks away from his idol Lennon's apartment in the Dakota building.

When news leaked out that the singer had been murdered by Mark Chapman, thousands of stunned fans gathered outside the residence - and 15-year-old Stiller felt compelled to join them.

He recalls, "I lived in 84th Street and Lennon lived at the Dakota, 12 blocks away. My friend Jonathan and I were fledgling musicians - we had a band and we were big Beatles fans. When we heard he'd been shot we went down to the Dakota and stayed out there in that crowd of people the whole night.

"It was so sad I couldn't believe it. No one knew what to do - people were crying and chanting Give Peace A Chance."

And the star insists it was one of the most memorable experiences of his life: "It was like group mourning and I think for a teenager it was a unique experience. I felt connected to him because of the music and because he was a real New Yorker. I always felt it was the coolest thing in the world that he lived in our neighbourhood."

Fox's Slams Media For Love Life Scrutiny

Megan Fox is begging the press to leave her and on-off fiance Brian Austin Green alone while they decide the status of their relationship.

The 22-year-old actress reportedly called off her engagement to former Beverly Hills, 90210 star Green, 35, in February, putting an end to their five year relationship.

Fox confessed the engagement was back on though last month, but admitted she's not being ready to walk down the aisle just yet. And she's begging reporters to back off.

She tells America's Esquire magazine, "(I'm) at a really vulnerable point in my life... I don't know how I feel or think about anything right now, and I feel like I'm under a microscope.

"Normally I love playing the game, but that's when I'm in an assertive place. I'm not there right now."

McCollough Required Surgery After Sutherland's Alleged Assault

Fashion designer Jack McCollough required surgery to mend his broken nose after actor Kiefer Sutherland allegedly headbutted him at a New York fashion party.

The 24 star stands accused of third-degree assault after allegedly headbutting Proenza Schouler designer McCollough at a Met Costume Institute Gala afterparty on Tuesday night.

Sutherland surrendered himself to police at the NYPD First Precinct on Thursday afternoon and was officially arrested and charged with the misdemeanour.

McCollough was snapped with red scratches on his face after the incident; but the designer insists his injuries were far worse than they appear.

His spokesperson tells People.com, "Mr. McCollough suffered a broken nose in three places as a result of the assault. He received medical treatment last night after consulting with physicians... (he) had to have his nose reset. It's painful and it felt horrible."

Sutherland, who is currently under a probation order in Los Angeles relating to a 2007 conviction for driving under the influence (DUI), faces a $1,000 (£670) fee and up to a year in jail if convicted of the third-degree assault charge.

His arraignment is scheduled for 22 June at Manhattan Criminal Court.

Swayze's Health Regrets

Patrick Swayze regrets not taking better care of himself in his youth - after his cancer battle showed him just how fragile the human body can be.

The actor kept fit as a young man by participating in activities such as gymnastics and dancing - but his health quickly deteriorated after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in early 2008.

The Dirty Dancing star was so strong and agile in his younger years, he believed he was invincible - but now the ailing star wishes he hadn't been so reckless with his body.

He tells the New York Daily News, "My big regret is the physical damage I've done to my body. I can do almost anything physically and I used to believe I was invincible, breaking bones over and over, playing football, doing gymnastics, diving, ballet, doing my own stunts, kick boxing, staging fights... It all seems a little stupid to me now."

better late than never... just to prolong the agony

Baby Boy For Spider-man Maguire

Spider-man star Tobey Maguire and his jewellery designer wife Jennifer Meyer are celebrating after becoming parents to a baby boy.

The child, the couple's second, was born on Friday, according to America's Life & Style magazine.

Maguire's spokeswoman confirmed the couple was expecting a little brother or sister for their two-year-old daughter Ruby late last year.

Meyer gave birth to Ruby, in 2006.

Bale: 'I Don't Want Four Minutes Of Fury To Overshadow Film'

Christian Bale is speaking out about his infamous tirade on the set of Terminator Salvation because he doesn't want four minutes of fury to overshadow the summer blockbuster.

An audio tape of a raging Bale hurling abuse at Terminator Salvation director of photography Shane Hurlbut was leaked online in February.

Bale blasted Hurlbut after the crewmember stepped into his vision to correct a lighting problem during a scene.

Bale has already addressed the leaked tape and the comments he made by calling into Los Angeles radio show Kevin & Bean on Kroq - and now he's opening up in front of TV cameras.

In a new interview with news show Access Hollywood, he says, "You think about the numbers of days we shot on that movie - 77 days - everything going well. What’s being focused on is four minutes where I behaved bad.

"I didn’t want that to overshadow the hard work of everybody on the crew, in every aspect. So I felt like I had to say something."

And he insists he has no thoughts about whether his on-set tantrum has changed the way people view him: "I don’t even think about that. I don’t really have an awareness of what anybody’s perception of me is, I don’t like to. I like being oblivious to that because it allows me just to get on with whatever project I’m doing."

But he admits he does appreciate people like director McG and Michael Caine who spoke in his defence as the taped tirade hit the headlines.

He adds, "I very much appreciate the people who did say that... It still doesn’t excuse it, but I do appreciate it."

Hanks' Speedo Fascination

Tom Hanks has a foolproof trick to go unnoticed while vacationing in Europe - he squeezes into tiny Speedo swimming trunks.

The Big star is amazed by the amount of male flesh on display on beaches in Europe, because his fellow countrymen wear baggy swim shorts to cover up as much as possible.

He tells British talk show host Jonathan Ross, "Speedos - you Europeans have a thing - the shame that you do not exude when you wear a Speedo is to be congratulated.

"In America, you'd be persecuted, you'd be arrested, you'd be hounded out of town. Americans, when we go to the beach, we try to wear big baggy shorts that go from here all the way down below our knees, with pockets in them for our glasses and surf wax. They stay wet all day!"

And the actor insists the minuscule bathing suit is the perfect disguise for concealing his identity.

He jokes, "When you come to Europe on vacation and you don't want to be identified as an American, you wear a Speedo and everybody thinks you're from Belgium."

Kutcher Updates Twitter Throughout White House Dinner

Ashton Kutcher connected fans with Barack Obama on Saturday by making live Internet updates while eating with the U.S. president at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.

A number of Hollywood celebrities descended on Washington, D.C. to turn the annual meal into a star-studded event.

And Kutcher helped his one million followers on social networking website Twitter.com rub shoulders with A-listers such as Steven Spielberg, Glenn Close, Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck as he posted notes and pictures online.

He wrote on his page: "Off 2 the White house correspondents dinner. I'll shootnlive vid (show a video) if something exciting happens..."

Kutcher then congratulated Obama on his "hilarious" speech, before nothing that his wife, actress Demi Moore, was convinced she and the country's leader had shared a special moment.

He added: "I'm trying to figure out why anyone would let me sit this close to the president... Demi claims Obama gave her the 'what's up' smile. Meanwhile all I got was the 'who farted' squint."

The funnyman also posted a photo of his partner flashing a smile for the camera as Obama stands in the background.

And before heading home he reflected on the evening's progress, noting: "Overall a very interesting night. I think we made great headway on advancing the Human Trafficking issue and the Call to national service."

Lowe And Winfrey's Homes Safe From Fire

Celebrities in California including Rob Lowe and Oprah Winfrey can breath a sigh of relief - moist air from the Pacific Ocean has the tamed wildfires that burned down 80 houses in the state.

UsMagazine.com reported that removal experts were spotted on Friday packing chat show queen Winfrey's belongings from her house located just outside the mandatory evacuation area of Santa Barbara.

Thousands of evacuees were told they could go home on Saturday as the fire's danger level was reduced by the change in the weather.

And officials say the 8,700-acre blaze is now 30 per cent contained.

Austin Powers star Lowe lives in Santa Barbara with his wife and two children.

He says, "We got a break in this weather."

Lowe and his family were forced to flee their home in November last year as wildfires swept through their Montecito neighbourhood.

Rihanna 'devastated over naked pics leak'

Rihanna is distraught after naked photographs purportedly showing the star were leaked on the internet, it has been claimed.

None of the nude photographs show the singer's face, but she is visible in other images supposedly from the same set.

The pictures also show a man, believed to be Chris Brown, with a pink pair of underwear on his head.

A source told the News Of The World: "She is freaking out. She was on the road to recovery after a terrible few months.

"She has no idea how these pictures have been leaked but she's determined to find out."

Record label Island Def Jam has reportedly called for the images to be removed as they "violate the artist's rights", though it did not confirm or deny that they are of the singer.

Last year, Rihanna said that she would never appear naked for Playboy because "my mother would kill me if I posed nude."

Titanic Stars Hand Over Cash To Ship's Last Survivor

Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have proved their generosity is of Titanic proportions - after donating $30,000 (£20,000) to help the last remaining survivor from the doomed ship.

The pair, who starred as tragic lovers in the 1997 blockbuster, along with the movie's director James Cameron, handed over the cash to ensure 98-year-old Millvina Dean can pay her nursing home fees, reports Access Hollywood.

Dean was the ship's youngest passenger at nine months old when the Titanic hit an iceberg and sank en-route to New York in 1912. She is the ship's only living survivor.

Photographer Don Mullan made an appeal to help raise money for Dean in the Sunday edition of the Irish Independent newspaper, and also reached out to Winslet, DiCaprio and Cameron in a bid to raise awareness.

Mullan has already set up an exhibition to raise funds.

He explains to the publication, "I figured that if the edition sold out, it would secure Millvina for a full year. My plan, however, was to double the impact and thereby secure her for two years.

"I decided, therefore, at the opening of the exhibition, to publicly challenge James Cameron, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, 20th Century Fox and Celine to match me dollar for dollar."

According to reports, Mullan is still waiting to be contacted by Celine Dion, who won an Oscar for the movie's theme song My Heart Will Go On.

Katie Price and Peter Andre confirm split

Katie Price and Peter Andre have confirmed speculation they are splitting after four-and-a-half years of marriage.

The couple, who met during I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!, had previously denied reports that their relationship was crumbling.

In a statement, a representative for the family confirmed the split, adding: "They have both requested that the media respect their families’ privacy at this difficult time."

They are parents to three-year-old Junior and Princess, one, as well as Price's six-year-old son Harvey from a previous relationship.

Thread