Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

her next is to be at a centerfold

Penn Files For Separation From Wife

Sean Penn has filed for legal separation from his wife of 13 years, Robin Wright Penn.

News of the split comes just two days after the couple's 13th wedding anniversary, and just months after they reunited. Penn originally filed for divorce back in 2007.

The actor first fuelled rumours of a second split when he failed to mention Wright Penn during his Best Actor acceptance speech at the Academy Awards in February.

Then last month, he was rumoured to be romancing actress Natalie Portman.

Those reports were denied by sources close to Penn, but on Friday he filed court documents to make their separation official, according to ExtraTV.com.

The couple share 18-year-old daughter, Dylan, and 15-year-old son Hopper. They sought joint custody of their kids during their 2007 divorce proceedings.

Parker & Broderick To Become Parents Again

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are set to become parents again - to surrogate twins.

The couple, who wed in 1997, are expecting twin daughters - their second and third kids, and sisters for six-year-old son James Wilke.

A representative for the couple confirms, “Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are happily anticipating the birth of their twin daughters later this summer with the generous help of a surrogate. The entire family is overjoyed.”

The surprise baby news comes just weeks after Parker and Broderick were forced to defend their marriage in the wake of reports of infidelity.

The Sex & The City star recently waved the rumours away, stating, "We don't even bother to address them (the reports)."

Jackman Orders Breakfast For Film Fans

Hugh Jackman rewarded hundreds of fans camping overnight to see him at the world premiere of X-men Origins: Wolverine by surprising them all with breakfast.

Followers in Tempe, Arizona won the chance to host the red carpet extravaganza in their desert city after claiming the most votes in an online poll, which Jackman launched himself.

Throngs of Tempe residents proved their dedication when they lined up outside the Tempe Marketplace on Sunday - a day before Jackman arrived for the premiere on a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

And the generous actor decided to treat the crowd - by personally placing a call to a local cafe and ordering a breakfast of coffee and pastries for 800 people.

Paradise Bakery's assistant manager Arianna Arroyo says, "We were so surprised and amazed by the gesture, and I was thinking what a big challenge it would be to get everything done over.

"They were thrilled and really excited because they didn't expect something like that. People had made posters, were screaming at the media and it was so awesome to see.

"There are a lot of people waiting to just see him and it's pretty amazing what is happening out there just for one man."

Garrison Released From Jail, Heading To Rehab

Troubled actor Lane Garrison is a free man - he was released from a California prison early on Wednesday.

The former Prison Break star was locked up in November 2007 for a drink driving incident in December 2006, which left a 17-year-old passenger dead.

He was due to serve 40 months behind bars on charges of vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence after alcohol and traces of cocaine were found in his system, but he won an early release for good behaviour.

Garrison was met by friends and family as he left California Correctional Institute in rural Tehachapi in the early hours of Wednesday.

A source tells Eonline.com, "He's done his time and now he's looking forward to trying to move on with his life."

According to the website, Garrison will now enroll in a rehabilitation facility to help kick his drug habit and shorten his probation period.

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokesperson Terry Thornton reveals the rehab stint will be a continuation of the treatment he has been receiving in prison.

The rep says, "He was sentenced to three years and four months, but inmates, including Mr. Garrison can earn credits that reduce the time that they spend in prison.

"He received half time - meaning that for every day that he participated in a rehabilitative programme, he got a day off his sentence."

Garrison recently settled a civil suit with the family of his victim Vahagn Setian. The details of the deal have not been disclosed to the public.

Fox Wows Fans With Impromptu Convention Appearance

Michael J. Fox stunned Back To The Future devotees at the weekend when he showed up at a fan convention unannounced.

The actor flew to Los Angeles from New York for a week of promotional activities and discovered there was a fan convention dedicated to his time travel film a short drive away from his hotel.

He says, "Somebody told me there was a Back To The Future convention and then I heard that (co-star) Chris Lloyd was gonna be there and Lea Thompson, who I hadn't seen in years.

"They had asked me, I guess, before if I would go and I said no and then I heard Chris and Lea were gonna be there and I thought, 'I'll drop by for 10 minutes and say hello'. They didn't know I was coming. I was the only guy there who wasn't paid."

But he quickly realised his impromptu appearance at the convention was a bad idea: "I was naive - I thought I could go by, say hi."

Fox was mobbed by fans, dressed just like his character, Marty McFly: "I didn't know they still made those puffy vests... There were people there with the bad Guess jeans with the high waist... It was suspenders, the whole nine yards."

But he had a great time hooking up with old friends from the cast: "The clock tower lady was there - remember 'Save the clock tower.' And James Tolkan, who played Strickland, the principal.

"I took some pictures... and then I kinda went, 'Ok, this seemed like a good idea at the time,' and left."

Governor Schwarzenegger Declares A State Of Emergency

Action man-turned-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared a state of emergency following the swine flu epidemic currently gripping America.

More than 10 cases of the killer flu have been reported in California and Schwarzenegger hopes his plea for help will cut through red tape and speed up attempts to respond to the new strain, which claimed the life of a Mexican infant in Texas on Monday.

As WENN went to press, there are 94 confirmed cases in 11 states.

A statement from Schwarzenegger's office reads, "While there is no need for alarm, it is the Governor’s top priority to limit swine flu’s spread as quickly and effectively as possible."

Reply 467#467 spratt89's post

i would love to hear what he has  to say about  soth central LA

and as far as I know, there is NO vaccine yet for the flu... sad news!

Douglas Ended Flings For Zeta-Jones

Michael Douglas put an end to his womanising ways when he started dating Catherine Zeta-Jones - because the actress told him she would not tolerate infidelity.

The 64-year-old actor married Zeta-Jones, 39, in 2000 and they now have two children together.

And Douglas, who was previously wed to Diandra Luker, admits when he first began dating the Entrapment star she made him promise to become a one-woman man.

He tells America's Parade magazine, "The night I really fell for Catherine she told me, 'I know you're a single guy and you're entitled to do what you want. But if we're going to continue this, then I just want to start with a clean deck. It's got to be just me.'"

And Douglas was so impressed with his girlfriend's honesty he immediately ended all of his other romances.

He adds, "I had to go upstairs and make a few phone calls to clear the decks and start fresh. But I'm not 'fessing up to how many calls I made."

a certified holywood playboy huh!

Ashley Cole 'buys Cheryl recording studio'

Ashley Cole has reportedly installed a recording studio for wife Cheryl at their Surrey mansion.

According to The Mirror, the Chelsea and England footballer spent thousands of pounds having the studio and engineering room built and fitted at their home.

"It shows that Cheryl and Ashley are still putting roots down together," said an insider.

"It also shows that she is looking toward a long career in music after the TV work has dried up because a studio like that requires a big commitment.

"Most people have little project studios at home based around a computer and a keyboard. We’re not talking a little home studio - this is a proper professional facility that will need a proper sound engineer."

Cole, 25, recently revealed that she will be taking "time out" from Girls Aloud later this year in order to work on some solo material.

Kiefer Sutherland -- I Stood Up for Brooke Shields

Law enforcement sources tell us Kiefer Sutherland headbutted a man in New York City Monday night, causing lacerations on the man's nose -- all while defending the honor of one Brooke Shields ... so he says.

It happened at an after-party for the Met Costume Institute Gala Monday night. We're told witnesses say the alleged victim -- Proenza Schouler designer Jack McCullough -- allegedly knocked Brooke Shields over and Kiefer saw it happen. The witnesses say Kiefer went over to the man and told him to apologize to her. At that point they say McCollough pushed Kiefer and the actor responded with a headbutt.

A police report was taken and the incident is under investigation.

Complicating it for Kiefer -- he's on probation in L.A. for a DUI, and one of the terms is that he obey all laws. No word on whether L.A. prosecutors will pursue the matter.

Brooke Shields -- Kiefer's No Hero

Brooke Shields is squaring off against Kiefer Sutherland ... and it's getting ugly fast.

Shields' reps tell TMZ the man Kiefer headbutted Monday night in no way did anything to Brooke that would have warranted the alleged attack.

As we reported, witnesses say Proenza Schouler designer Jack McCullough knocked Brooke to the ground at an after-party for the Met Costume Institute Gala in NYC Monday night. But Brooke's rep says "nothing happened to her," adding "Jack did nothing inappropriate. It's not clear what caused Kiefer to do what he did."

Witnesses say Kiefer went up to Jack and demanded he apologize to Brooke. Jack allegedly pushed Kiefer and Kiefer then headbutted Jack.

But Brooke's reps tell us Jack, who designs clothes for Brooke, "did absolutely nothing to her."

But here's where the plot thickens. We asked the rep, "Did Jack touch her?" Their response -- "We don't know."

We're told Brooke will be interviewed by cops Wednesday.

Stay tuned ...

Brooke Involved in Kiefer Caper

Regarding the Kiefer Sutherland headbutting incident in NYC Monday night ...new details from law enforcement, and they back up Kiefer's story that Brooke Shields was in the middle of the spat that left designer Jack McCullough injured.

According to one law enforcement source, "Brooke was definitely involved." As we reported, Kiefer and witnesses say McCullough pushed Brooke and Kiefer stepped in and demanded he apologize to her. Kiefer's peeps say Jack pushed Kiefer, and the actor responded with a headbutt.

There are reports Kiefer was drunk at the time of the incident.

Law enforcement sources also tell us they have been in touch with FOX studios, asking for them to arrange a time when cops can interview Kiefer.

Story developing ...

Well I Say Brooke Is Lier

Kiefer Will Be Charged with Crime

We've confirmed that Kiefer Sutherland will be charged with misdemeanor assault in connection with the headbutting incident earlier this week.

Kiefer headbutted fashion designer Jack McCollough at an event after-party on Monday -- an attack Jack says was completely unprovoked. We're told Kiefer says he did it after Jack pushed Brooke Shields.

The New York Daily News broke the story. Kiefer will show up at the NYPD and get a desk appearance ticket and his arraignment date will be set.

A rep from the L.A. City Attorney's office tells TMZ they will contact the NYPD and the D.A. to get details and then decide if they will try and revoke Kiefer's probation. He's currently on probation for a DUI.

damn it jack!  it might be the side effect of being exposed to wmd

Reply 477#477 spratt89's post

Kiefer Sutherland's alleged fight with a fashion designer could delay filming on 24, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The actor could be pulled in by police after reportedly headbutting clothing designer Jack McCollough at a Manhattan nightclub earlier this week.

A law enforcement official said that McCollough told police his face was cut by a blow following a heated argument.

Nobody has been arrested over the incident, but reports claim that Sutherland could be jailed after the alleged attack.

"Part of his probation is likely to obey all laws, so the judge in L.A. will look closely at the New York case," said criminal defence attorney Richard Hirsch. "He can send him back to jail, sentence him to community service - that's all negotiable and would depend on the outcome in New York."

Kiefer's Surrender -- It Ain't That Easy

There may be a hitch in Kiefer Sutherland's surrender on charges of assault for that whole head-butting incident in New York
the other night.

The plan was that Kiefer would turn himself in today and get what amounts to a ticket to appear for an arraignment at a later date.

But now there is some question as to whether a non-resident can just walk in and walk out with a ticket ... it's possible he could be arrested and taken into custody and arraigned right away.

Stay tuned ...

Thread