Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Lindsay Lohan. Topless musical.

Lindsay Lohan. Topless musical.

Got your attention? That was Peepshow director Jerry Mitchell's goal when he welcomed the starlet Saturday to the premiere of his sexy Las Vegas musical, which now stars Dancing with the Stars vets Melanie Brown. and Kelly Monaco. Lohan is in talks to replace Monaco, who wants to return to General Hospital when her Peepshow contract ends, Fox News reports.

In the meantime, the prospect is only fueling the show's buzz.

The 22-year-old Lohan, who sings and dances as well as acts, has befriended Brown, and the former Scary Spice is pushing the Mean Girl for the role. The two chatted early into Sunday morning at the show's after-party, according to Fox.

Lohan would play "Bo Peep," a timid girl who becomes a sexually confident woman with the help of the Diva (Brown) and countless topless beauties. The role doesn't require Lohan to appear topless herself, and though Brown and Monaco are scantily-clad, neither goes topless.

Others Fox reported to be in the running for the role are Holly Madison and Brooke Burke, yet more Dancing stars.

Lohan isn't a compete stranger to the world of erotic dance: She played a stripper in 2007's I Know Who Killed Me.

Lohan's publicist didn't respond to TVGuide.com's request for comment Monday.

Would you pay to watch Lohan sing and dance?

source

You know, i just finished watching Lindsay Lohan's 1998 movie Parent Trap... she was sooo adorable in that movie... then I came accross a shobiz news of Lohan's popping nipples in a car show pictorials.... and now a Topless musical? WOW!!! i dont know.......

Reply 442#442 rickman's post

Melissa Joan Hart Turned Down $1 Million To Pose Nude In Playboy

Former teen star Melissa Joan Hart considered baring all in a raunchy shoot for men's magazine Playboy during her heyday in TV hit Sabrina The Teenage Witch.

The actress was desperate to shed the good girl image she earned though roles in kids TV hits Sabrina and Clarissa Explains It All, and came close to accepting Playboy boss Hugh Hefner's $1 million (£689,000) offer.

She tells NYPost.com's PopWrap blog, "They came around and offered me a million dollars, which I had to seriously consider. Initially it's like, 'Yeah, I'll take my clothes off for a million bucks, are you kidding?' It's the big question: what will you do for a million dollars?"

Hart, now a 33-year-old mother-of-two, turned down Hefner, but agreed to strip to her underwear for rival magazine Maxim.

But she soon regretted her decision when she saw the humiliation it caused for one of her younger brothers.

Explaining her decision, she says, “I was 23-years-old... and I went through a time where I was a little wild. I actually showed up at the photoshoot from The Playboy Mansion, so it was like, ‘Oh big deal - bra and panties, that's what I saw everybody in all night.’ I had no idea how big that was going to be. (From that experience) I learned that I didn't want to do Playboy. But I decided that because of the reaction I got from Maxim I wasn't comfortable - and my brother had that cover shoved in his face for months. That made me say no."

Bell's Anger At Brand Phone Scandal

Kristen Bell has slammed Russell Brand for his prank phone calls to Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs - insisting she would have "beaten him up" if the comic had played the joke on her family.

Last year Brand quit his British radio show after he and fellow broadcaster Jonathan Ross were heavily criticised for leaving "grossly offensive" messages on TV star Sachs' answer machine during a live broadcast.

The pair discussed Brand's fling with the 78-year-old's granddaughter Georgina Baillie.

But Bell wouldn't have tolerated her Forgetting Sarah Marshall co-star's behaviour if he had done the same to her relatives.

She says, "If Russell had left a message on my grandfather’s answerphone I’d have beaten him up.

"It doesn’t surprise me that he did it, as Russell’s whole thing is to push the envelope. Hopefully, he’ll have learned the error of his ways."

Jackman Lands In Cement In Hollywood

Hugh Jackman made his mark on Hollywood on Tuesday when the movie star and Oscar host left his hand and footprints outside Tinseltown landmark Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

The Aussie actor joined legends like John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra, who have left prints in the cement outside the Hollywood Boulevard cinema.

Joined by his actress wife Deborra-Lee Furness, the X-Men star said, "This particular block of real estate has brought me two moments in my life I thought would never ever happen - hosting the Oscars and now here today. It means the world to me to be here.

"This is an amazing moment I never ever thought would happen. I'm very very humbled by it."

Travolta's Global Trek To Ease Mourning

Grieving actor John Travolta is keeping his mind off the tragic loss of his son Jett by immersing himself in an extended holiday around the world.

The Grease star was left devastated his 16-year-old son passed away following a seizure during a family vacation in the Bahamas in January.

And Travolta, along with wife Kelly Preston and daughter Ella Bleu, nine, have taken a respite from mourning by visiting three different holiday hotspots in a matter of weeks.

The family took time out in Melbourne to celebrate what would of been Jett's 17th birthday last week, before stopping off in Tahiti.

According to People.com, the actor told a hotel manager he didn't want any attention for his family while they vacationed.

A source tells the website, "He told the hotel manager, 'I don't want to see anyone. I only want to rest.'"

The Travoltas then jetted off to Argentina on Tuesday, where they are seeking out land to buy, according to U.S. reports.

Simpson Sends A Car For Jailed Garrison

Actor Lane Garrison will be released from prison next week and Jessica Simpson will be there to greet him.

The Prison Break star has signed his early-release papers after getting paroled for good behaviour - and childhood pal Simpson has reportedly arranged for his pick-up at the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility in San Diego, California.

According to In Touch magazine, the singer/actress hasn't visited Garrison since he was sentenced to serve 40 months behind bars due to security risks, but sources insist she has been in contact with her old friend.

The actor was locked up for a December 2006 drink driving incident, which resulted in the death of a 17-year-old passenger.

Garrison pleaded guilty to charges of vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence of alcohol after the 2006 smash in California which killed Vahagn Setian and left two 15-year-old girls seriously injured. The actor was ferrying the teenagers home after a Hollywood party when he lost control of his vehicle.

Garrison recently settled a civil suit with Setian's parents and crash survivor Michelle Ohana, who spent two months in a wheelchair following the accident.

Officials at the California Department of Corrections have confirmed Garrison is to be released after earning good behaviour credits.

DeGeneres Is Top Gay Celebrity

U.S. talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has been named the most powerful gay celebrity by an American magazine.

The comedienne, who is married to actress Portia de Rossi, came second to politician Barney Frank but was the top showbiz star on the list.

Actress Jodie Foster and comic Rosie O'Donnell were also honoured in the third annual Top 50 rundown by U.S. publication Out, coming 36th and 42nd respectively.

Milk director Gus Van Sant was 14th, Sex and the City writer Michael Patrick King came 29th, and fashion designers Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford were handed 15th and 38th places in the lineup.

The list is determined by political clout, cultural resonance, individual wealth and current personal profile.

Any NEWS to Michael J. Fox?

Scherzinger 'quits' the Pussycat Dolls

Nicole Scherzinger has reportedly decided to quit The Pussycat Dolls in order to focus on her solo career.

The 30-year-old fuelled speculation that she was leaving the dance troupe after their latest single 'Jai Ho!' was released under the name 'Pussycat Dolls featuring Nicole Scherzinger'.

According to reports, the star will leave the chart-topping group after they complete promotion for their latest album Doll Domination.

"The big reason most people believe is that Nicole has actually now LEFT the Pussycat Dolls but is still remaining with them until the Doll Domination era is over," blogger Perez Hilton commented.

During their recent European tour, Scherzinger performed their song 'Hush Hush' on her own while the other girls were backstage.

The singer previously failed in a bid to launch a successful solo career. Her album Her Name Is Nicole was shelved after singles 'Baby Love' and 'Whatever U Like' failed to score highly in the charts.

Cyrus Fuels Reports Of Jonas Romance

Miley Cyrus has fuelled reports she's rekindled her romance with ex-boyfriend Nick Jonas after spending another intimate evening with the Jonas Brothers star.

The pair met for a lunch date one week after Cyrus teamed up with Nick and his brothers Joe and Kevin Jonas to record a music video for Disney song Pass It On earlier this month.

The date prompted rumours she's heading for a split from her 20-year-old model/singer boyfriend Justin Gaston to reunite with Jonas - and according to the New York Daily News, the Love Bug star is pressuring Cyrus to break the news to Gaston sooner rather than later.

A source tells the newspaper, "Miley and Nick want to get back together. Because they're working together (on a new video), they've been put in close proximity to each other. They're now spending more and more time together, and they're constantly on the phone.

"Miley was over at the Jonas house recently, and they were smooching. Nick's parents have this rule that when a girl is over, the door has to be open, but that didn't stop Nick and Miley from making out.

“She doesn’t know how to tell Justin that they’re over, but Nick is being very firm with her. He’s a good, stand-up kind of guy, and is making Miley tell Justin very, very soon. He’s being tough about it.”

Cyrus, 16, split from the Jonas Brothers star last year. She's been dating Gaston for the last eight months.

A spokesperson for Jonas has refused to comment on the reports, stating, “We have no comment on our client’s personal life.”

Klum: 'New Baby Will Be My Last'

Pregnant supermodel Heidi Klum has vowed not to have any more kids following the birth of her fourth child later this year.

The catwalk beauty and her husband, singer Seal, announced their baby news earlier this month and are hoping for a little girl to join Henry, three, Johan, two, and five-year-old Leni - Klum's daughter from a previous relationship.

But Klum is adamant that this child will be her last - admitting their family will then be complete.

She says, "When we looked around the table, it was like one person was missing. And that's how number four came about. But that will be it."

Kutcher Pledges $100,000 To Malaria Charities

Hollywood star Ashton Kutcher has pledged $100,000 ($69,000) to aid the fight against malaria.

Kutcher bet his Twitter.com site would gather one million followers before news network CNN.com.

He won and CNN boss Ted Turner handed over the money, which Kutcher has donated to the United Nations (U.N), who are spearheading a battle to stop the spread of the deadly disease - which kills 3,000 children a day in Africa alone.

His generous donation prompted his wife Demi Moore, TV presenter Ryan Seacrest and talk show host Oprah Winfrey to make their own donations.

U.N. special envoy for malaria Ray Chambers says of the gestures - which coincide with World Malaria Day on Saturday: "A week ago Tuesday, malaria was the most often used word on Twitter as the result of the bet between Kutcher and CNN. And (CNN boss) Ted Turner has challenged Kutcher and his followers to raise another 100,000 for nothing but nets. If they do it, Turner will have Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore over for dinner."

Record producer Quincy Jones has also been honoured by the U.N. for his contribution to the fight against Malaria.

Accepting an award from Chambers at a ceremony in Washington D.C., Jones said, "It's a remarkable thing to be on the road to defeating this thing called malaria."

Nice news!

Spears boyfriend hospitalised after car crash

The boyfriend of Jamie Lynn Spears has been hospitalised following a car crash in Louisiana, says Access Hollywood.

Casey Aldridge, 19, was reportedly thrown from his Ford pickup truck at around 1.30am on Sunday, after losing control at the wheel. A spokesperson for the Louisiana State Troopers said that he was travelling with four male passengers and sustained "moderate injuries".

"The doctors are pretty positive he's going to be okay," a family friend told People. "He should recover fully. Of course you never know, but they're not expecting him to get any worse."

Aldridge, the father of Spears's ten-month-old daughter Maddie, is thought to have been taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Centre, although staff have refused to confirm his admittance.

The insider added that Aldridge would probably remain in intensive care for the next few days, so that doctors could "keep a close check on him" but added that no surgery was likely "unless something happens".

Police have charged him with the misdemeanour offence of careless operation of a vehicle. A representative for the couple has yet to comment.

that is not a nice one...

Norton breaks ribs in stair fall

Graham Norton has broken two ribs shortly after presenting the Bafta Awards.

The 46-year-old presenter was admitted to hospital after injuring himself at his London home.

"I got home and fell down my stairs and broke two ribs," he told the BBC.

"I've been to the hospital and given horse tranquilizing pain-killing medication. There's nothing they can do about broken ribs."

Norton insisted that he will still travel to Russia for the Eurovision Song Contest next month but will have to amend some of his plans.

"When I opened my pain medication today it said avoid alcoholic beverages for four to six weeks. So I'm going to be sober in Moscow," he said.

The TV star was recently confirmed as the host of a new entertainment show Totally Saturday on BBC One.

poor norton

Cyrus: 'I won't be Hannah forever'

Miley Cyrus has insisted that she will eventually shed her Hannah Montana alter ego.

The Disney star admitted that her desire to establish herself as a recording artist in her own right means that she "won't be Hannah forever".

"I've been able to do both but it doesn't make sense past a certain point," she said at the UK press conference for Hannah Montana: The Movie.

"In the States my music has been on the Top 40 as Miley, so now is kind of the time where the world needs to see me as that as well," she explained. "That's what I want to continue to do, my music. I won't be Hannah forever and this film will prove that's what I want to do."

Hannah Montana: The Movie arrives in cinemas on Friday. Cyrus's latest single 'The Climb', taken from the film's soundtrack, charted at number 16 in the UK over the weekend.

Thread