Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Willis Will Wed Again In California

Bruce Willis and his new model wife Emma Heming will hold a second wedding ceremony in California when they return from the Caribbean, to make sure their nuptials are legally binding in the U.S.

The couple exchanged vows at the Die Hard actor's home on Parrot Cay, in the Turks and Caicos Islands on Saturday, with guests including Willis' ex-wife Demi Moore and her husband Ashton Kutcher.

But Willis, 54, and Heming, 30, are planning another, smaller celebration when they return home from their tropical paradise.

The star's representative tells UsMagazine.com, "The couple will be having a civil ceremony when they return to California."

The pair has been dating since 2008. It is Willis' second marriage and Heming's first.

Warner Bros opens movie vaults for DVDs

Warner Bros have announced plans to make 6,800 movies from the vaults available to film fans.

The initial launch of the Warner Archive Collection features 150 movies which have never been available on DVD, from 1943 Cary Grant movie Mr. Lucky to 1986's Wisdom, starring Demi Moore and Emilio Estevez.

Under current plans, 20 more films and TV shows will be added every month until the whole vault is available, USA Today reports.

Executive George Feltenstein said: "This news is going to make a lot of people really happy.

"We've been working on this for three years. I've always said it would be great if people could buy anything in our library, and now the time has come, because the technology finally exists."

Movie buffs can order the films from Warners for $20 (£13.70) and receive a custom-made DVD within a week, or instead opt for a digital download for $15.

Cyrus: 'Bolt Will Make Kids Care More For Their Pets'

Miley Cyrus hopes her new animated film Bolt will make kids more responsible for their dogs.

The actress/singer owns six pooches and admits shooting the family film made her realise just how important man's best friend is to her.

She says, "I love all my dogs and I hope that, after seeing this film, people will want to go home and love their dog.

"I hope kids realise, one, that you love your pets and know what great friends they can be. And two, that no matter what you do for a living, you have to realise that that can go away in a second."

Swayze Remembers Co-star Richardson

Patrick Swayze has paid tribute to his former co-star Natasha Richardson - insisting "the world will be a different place" without the actress.

The actor - who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year - worked with the tragic star on 2002's Waking Up in Reno.

And Swayze has been left devastated by the loss of Richardson - who died on Wednesday after a fall while skiing on the slopes of Mont Tremblant in Montreal, Canada two days previously had left her with a serious brain injury.

He says, "It is such a great loss to this community to lose an actress and person such as Natasha. Gifts like her don't come along very often. It's a rare thing in this industry to have someone with so much talent, beauty, and dedication and yet is imbued with such humility.

"I know for me and many other people, the world will be a different place without her. My heart goes out to Liam and his two boys, but I'm sure that Natasha's light is shining down on them."

Sachs shocked by Ross's BAFTA nod

Andrew Sachs has expressed surprise at the decision to nominate Jonathan Ross for a BAFTA.

The broadcaster will go up against QI host Stephen Fry, comedian Harry Hill and I'm A Celebrity... presenters Ant & Dec in the race for the Best Entertainment Performance gong next month.

The nod comes just weeks after Ross returned to work following a three-month suspension from the BBC. He was issued with the punishment after making a series of lewd phone calls to Sachs during an appearance on Russell Brand's Radio 2 programme.

Speaking to the Daily Mail about the BAFTA nomination, Sachs admitted: "Blimey, that is a bit of a surprise. One would question the reasons when it comes so quickly after what happened. I wonder how much it has to do with trying to comfort him? I don't know."

His wife Melody added: "I am amazed Ross should get rewarded with a mouth like his. Nobody is saying he hasn't got talent, but what he did was so disgusting."

Ross has already received three BAFTAs for his Friday night chatshow, last winning an award in 2007.

Source

Armstrong Healing Quickly For Tour De France

Champion cyclist Lance Armstrong is determined to bid for his eighth Tour de France title in July, despite breaking his collarbone on Monday after crashing during a race in Spain.

The 37-year-old star athlete was competing in the first stage of the Vuelta of Castilla and Leon event this week when he was involved in a multiple collision.

His team manager Johan Bruyneel has described the injury as "a clean fracture without complications", adding the break is not serious enough to prevent him from getting in shape for the prestigious competition.

It will be Armstrong's first attempt at reclaiming the title since retiring from the sport in 2005, having won the Tour de France for a record-breaking seven consecutive years. He returned to competitive cycling last year.

Armstong is also expected to recover from his injuries in time to compete in the Giro d'Italia (Tour of Italy) race, which begins on 9 May.

Richie Denies Twins Rumours

Socialite Nicole Richie has laughed off rumours she is expecting twins with her boyfriend Joel Madden.

Madden and Richie, who welcomed daughter Harlow in January 2008, are preparing to become parents for the second time, announcing the pregnancy last month.

Richie has since been inundated with rumours that she is carrying twins.

But the star has dismissed the talk, telling reporters at a charity event in Los Angeles on Monday that she is not expecting two children - joking that she "already has twins", referring to her partner and his twin brother, Benji.

Richards Booted Off Dancing In Surprise Results

Former Bond girl Denise Richards has been forced to hang up her dancing shoes after she was voted off hit U.S. TV show Dancing With The Stars on Tuesday night.

The actress and her professional partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy found themselves fighting elimination and going head-to-head with Playboy Playmate Holly Madison and Dmitry Chaplin in the weekly dance-off, after earning the fewest number of votes from viewers.

But Richards' samba failed to impress the panel of judges and she became the second celebrity to waltz off the dance floor - despite scoring two points higher than Madison in the elimination round.

Richards was among the walking wounded on the show after suffering a broken toe during rehearsals - fellow contestant Jewel had to bow out with a leg injury, actor Gilles Marini has a separated shoulder and Steve-o is suffering crippling back pain following a fall.

But her loss came as a surprise for many, as TV prankster Steve-o and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak had both registered the lowest scores of the week with 15 and 10 out of 30, respectively.

However, Richards is remaining upbeat about her short time on the show, insisting she feels sorry for Chmerkovskiy more than anything.

She tells People.com, "I had fun! When else am I going to get to dress up like this, work with someone like Maks and be able to do a family show that my daughters can watch together. I feel bad for him. He hasn’t won and I think this is the first time he’s been eliminated second."

Former GoGos star Belinda Carlisle was the first contestant to be kicked off the show last week

Natasha Richardson's Organs Donated

Natasha Richardson's organs have been donated at the request of her family, according to People.

"[Organ donation] is very Natasha," a family friend told the magazine. "She spent so much time fighting the stigma of AIDS; someone like that would naturally donate her organs. At least by donating her organs something good could come out of [the tragedy]."

The philanthropic Richardson had been on the board of trustees of the amFAR foundation for AIDS research since 2006. She became a champion for the cause after her father, Oscar-winning director Tony Richardson, died of complications from the disease in 1991.

Richardson, 45, died March 18 of blunt trauma to the brain after a skiing accident in Montreal. She was buried Sunday at a cemetery near her Millbrook, NY home, which she shared with her husband, Liam Neeson, and their sons, Micheal, 13, and Daniel, 12.

"Liam is doing okay," said family friend Blaine Trump. "It takes a while to absorb this. But he says the family needs to move forward. They will take it one step at a time."

Micheal and Daniel have gone back to school and Neeson is expected to return to the Toronto set of Chloe soon. "With good friends by their side, they will get through the tough days ahead," Trump said.

Bryant Sued By Former Housekeeper

Basketball superstar Kobe Bryant has been dragged into a lawsuit filed by a former housekeeper who accuses his wife Vanessa of verbally abusing her at work.

Maria Jimenez is suing for wrongful discharge, invasion of privacy and emotional distress in a lawsuit filed in Superior Court in Orange County, California.

According to TMZ.com, Jimenez's lawyers claim Vanessa "badgered, harassed and humiliated Maria by yelling and screaming at Maria and criticising her in front of Bryant, the couple's children, employees and other people in the household".

Jimenez claims she attempted to quit but was persuaded to continue her employment by the Los Angeles Lakers star.

Her resignation came after Vanessa allegedly demanded that she put her hand in a bag of dog faeces to retrieve a price tag from an expensive blouse she'd mistakenly put in the washing machine, when Bryant's wife allegedly demanded Jimenez "had to work until payday to pay for the $690 (£470) blouse, which she did".

Jimenez is seeking unpaid wages in the suit. No further information regarding the housekeeper's length of employment with the Bryants was available as WENN went to press.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Secret Son

Watchmen actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan has discovered he's the father of an ex-girlfriend's four year old son.

The 42-year-old met his child for the first time just weeks ago, after discovering his actress/producer ex Sherrie Rose had given birth in secret.

Rose confirms to Us Weekly magazine, "Yes, I have a four year old son with Jeffrey."

And Morgan is ready to make amends for his absence in the boy's early years, with a source telling the magazine, "He wants to be in the child's life."

Morgan's representative has yet to respond to the reports.

Richardson organs donated for transplant

Natasha Richardson's organs have been donated to patients needing vital transplants.

Husband Liam Neeson and mother Vanessa Redgrave reportedly told doctors that the actress would have wished to save other lives.

Richardson passed away last week after suffering fatal head injuries in a skiing accident in Canada.

Surgeons from New York's Lenox Hill Hospital are said to have removed organs needed to help save the lives of patients needing urgent transplants.

"Some patient is going to wake up in the recovery room and start reciting Shakespeare," a source told The Sun.

Roberts Faces Green Dilemma After Passing Driving Test

Teenage actress Emma Roberts is celebrating after passing her driving test on her second attempt.

Julia Roberts' 18-year-old niece reveals she recently gained her license after a misunderstanding about traffic light rules caused her to fail her first test.

She says, "I'm happy to announce that I got my license... finally. But when I failed, I didn't know you couldn't turn on (a) red (light). Everyone was like, 'Oh it's so cool, you can turn on red.' So of course I swung a right and they failed me. It was red, oncoming traffic everywhere... It was really stressful."

Roberts is now looking to buy her first car - but admits she is facing a motoring dilemma as she wants to stay green while cruising around town in comfort.

She adds, "I want a car that's environmentally friendly, but I want a big car, so I don't know."

Seinfeld Reunion Was 'Electrifying'

The moment the entire cast of hit sitcom Seinfeld reunited on the set of TV show Curb Your Enthusiasm was "electrifying", according to actress Cheryl Hines.

Seinfeld co-creator Larry David has brought Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, Julia Louis Dreyfus and Michael Richards back together - 11 years after the last episode of the multi-award-winning comedy aired - to appear in the upcoming seventh season of his spin-off show.

And Hynes, who plays David's on-screen wife, insists the actors clicked instantly.

She says, "It was electrifying to have them all together. To sit there with Jerry and Larry. I thought my head was going to explode."

Johansson And Reynolds Clash Over His Motorbike Hobby

Scarlett Johansson is begging husband Ryan Reynolds to quit riding motorcycles after he almost trashed his bike in a near crash.

The actor is hooked on the high octane pursuit and is planning a summer road trip across Alaska on his new Paul Smart Ducati bike.

But Johansson - who married the Canadian star last year - is terrified a bad accident is waiting to happen.

He recently dodged injury when a car performed an illegal turn and ended up in his path. He had to swerve quickly to avoid it - shaking him up and scaring Johansson.

A source tells the National Enquirer, "She's petrified a serious accident is just around the corner. When she asked Ryan to give up motorcycling, he flat out refused. And that led to a pretty heavy argument."

T.I. Grateful To Be Putting Legal Troubles Behind Him

Prison-bound rapper T.I. has publicly thanked U.S. prosecutors for granting him a plea deal in relation to his 2007 federal weapons charges, because it allows him to close a troubled "chapter" in his life.

The Live Your Life hitmaker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., was officially sentenced to a year and a day behind bars following an appearance in an Atlanta, Georgia court on Friday morning.

The charges stem from his October 2007 arrest, when he was caught attempting to buy an arsenal of guns from an undercover FBI agent.

His lawyers struck a unique plea deal with prosecutors last year, which saw the star agree to complete a total of 1,500 hours of community service, pay a $100,300 (£71,640) fine and serve 366 days in jail for the crime. Without the deal, the superstar faced more than four years imprisonment.

During the sentencing hearing, U.S. District Court Judge Charles Pannell Jr. praised T.I. for turning his life around since the incident, telling the star he had more than exceeded the court's expectations and hoped his case would inspire others in similar circumstances to follow in his footsteps.

And American Gangster star T.I. is grateful to have been given the opportunity to make ammends for his wrongdoings.

Speaking after Friday's court hearing, he told reporters, "It brings me great pleasure and honor to say to you today that I have begun to close this chapter in my life with, of course, the help and blessings of the U.S. attorneys and the courts of the U.S. government.

"I would like to thank all who have helped me throughout my journeys, along my journey, including my attorneys, all of the foundations and all of the organisations who have helped me align myself with people who see to it that I seek out my wishes and intentions to the best of my ability.

"Although I am not thrilled about my next year and a day, I am pleased that I am beginning the process of putting this all behind me. Thank you and I apologise to my family, to the young men, young women that I mentor. I hope that I can keep at least one, if not a million or more, from going down a similar path. I just want to say thank you."

T.I. has been ordered to voluntarily report to jail by 19 May.

Actress Ryan Struggled As A Working Mum

Actress Jeri Ryan found it so difficult to adjust back to working life after giving birth to her daughter, she cried on her return to the set.

The 41-year-old star put her career on hold in 2008 and welcomed baby girl Gisele last March.

She returned to work earlier this month after a lengthy maternity leave - but she admits getting used to life as a working mum is much harder than she expected.

She tells People.com, "I cried (when I returned to work). It was especially hard since I've been with her nonstop since she was born.

"I loved my year off. I milked (my maternity leave) for as long as anyone could milk it! Now it's time to go back to work."

And Ryan, who is married to chef Christopher Eme, also struggled to regain her pre-pregnancy figure after piling on 28 pounds (12 kilograms) while expecting.

She adds, "It took me 10 months to get back to normal. It was a little frustrating, but I realise it's harder to take the weight off when you're 40."

Richardson Returns To Work After Sister's Death

Joely Richardson is attempting to recover from the tragic loss of her older sister Natasha by returning to the set of her next project, TV movie The Day Of The Triffids.

Joely, her actress mother Vanessa Redgrave and Natasha's widower Liam Neeson laid the star's body to rest at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Millbrook, New York on Sunday.

And on Thursday, Joely, 44, was back in London filming the production, a two-part sci-fi drama based on the novel by John Wyndham.

Richardson plays the lead role opposite Dougray Scott in the series, which also stars her mother Redgrave, who had already completed filming her role before Natasha's accident, according to People.com.

Natasha Richardson passed away on 18 March after suffering a traumatic brain injury on the slopes of Mont Tremblant in Montreal, Canada.

Coleen and Wayne expecting first child?

Coleen and Wayne Rooney are reportedly expecting their first child, and are said to be "absolutely thrilled".

The couple have so far only told their families and close friends about the baby, which the Sunday Mirror says is due at the end of September.

A friend said that the Manchester United footballer and his wife "couldn't be happier".

"Their families are the biggest thing in their lives and Wayne has always said he wants at least three or four children. Coleen has always maintained she wants a family when the time is right.

"They don't know whether it's a boy or girl yet…they don't mind either way."

A spokesman for the couple said: "These pregnancy rumours have been too numerous to comment on and we gave up doing so a long time ago."

Duhamel And Fergie Planning Family

Hollywood star Josh Duhamel could be a father by 2010 - his new wife Fergie wants to start "talking about babies" as soon as her tour with the Black Eyed Peas is over.

The couple married in January this year, and while the singer is tied up all summer with her band, Duhamel will be bracing himself for fatherhood.

Speaking to gossip site Hollyscoop.com, the singer reveals she wants to become a mother as soon as possible - and will even consider adoption.

She says, "I would love to adopt, are you kidding me? I want to have babies if I can of my own too if God permits, but after the tour we'll talk babies."

The couple has been together since 2004.

Thread