Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Imposters Forced Oka To Join Facebook

Masi Oka felt obliged to sign up to social networking site Facebook.com after discovering fraudsters were posing as the Heroes star online.

The actor only learned of the imposters after one friend was tricked into thinking the profile really belonged to him - and although he rarely uses the website, he's glad his pals can now get in touch with the real Masi Oka.

He says, "My Facebook page actually came about because I was at a function and my friend came up to me and said, 'I've just uploaded a picture from our party last week onto your Facebook page.' I was like, 'I don't have a Facebook page...' and he was like, 'Oh really?' So I looked it up and there's someone posing as me. So I was like, oh god, I better make my own one...

"I don't use it but it's just so my friends can communicate with each other and know that it's me. But I haven't updated it for like, three months."

Scott Awarded U.K. Film Honour

Gladiator director Sir Ridley Scott has been honoured with a prestigious Fellowship from the British Film Institute.

The filmmaker, 71, is the 62nd recipient of the award, following in the footsteps of Sir David Lean and Clint Eastwood.

Greg Dyke, chairman of the BFI Governors, branded Scott "one of the foremost directors of his generation" in recognising his achievements in shaping film and television culture in the U.K.

The BFI Fellowship, created in 1983, is the highest accolade the organisation can bestow.

Scott is currently working on a new version of the Robin Hood story, his fourth film collaboration with Gladiator actor Russell Crowe.

Richardson Laid To Rest

Family members shared a final farewell to Natasha Richardson at her funeral service on Sunday in the New York town where she wed Liam Neeson.

The tragic actress died after a fall while skiing on the slopes of Mont Tremblant in Montreal, Canada on Monday that left her with a serious brain injury.

She was flown to New York by her husband Neeson on Tuesday where relatives, including her actress mother Vanessa Redgrave and sister Joely Richardson, stayed by her bedside until her life support machine was switched off on Wednesday. She died hours later, aged 45.

The actress' mahogany casket, marked on its side with an Irish symbol representing friendship, love and loyalty, left Manhattan, New York at approximately 9:30am local time on Saturday, after a one-day wake.

Neeson was among the pallbearers for his wife's coffin at the private service on Sunday afternoon at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Millbrook, New York - near the home where they exchanged vows in 1994 and raised their two children.

The actor arrived with sons Micheal, 13, and Daniel, 12, and mother-in-law, Vanessa Redgrave. Richardson's aunt, Lynn Redgrave, and sister Joely Richardson followed.

Actor Ralph Fiennes was also at the funeral, which was open to family and close friends.

Richardson will be laid to rest at a nearby cemetery where her grandmother, Rachel Kempson Redgrave, was buried in 2003.

Morgan Hated Watchmen Costume

Watchmen star Jeffrey Dean Morgan didn't have to dig too deep to play a twisted and psychotic crimebuster in the hit action movie - his uncomfortable costume made him feel like killing someone.

The Grey's Anatomy star plays The Comedian in the new movie and admits he hated the outfit he had to wear to bring his character to life.

He tells WENN, "You quickly realise it's gonna really take six hours to put this costume on every day. So I'd come out of the costume and I'd be ready to kick somebody's ass, because it's such a long painful process. It's hard to move, it's sweaty, squeaky.

"There was always something but ultimately it helped so much to turn myself into the character. A lot of it had to do with the costume. He's (Comedian) a very sad soul. There's more to him than just this brutal bastard of a man. It was hard to shake Comedian at the end of the day. There were days when I went home and thought, 'What did I just do?' because he was just so sad."

Reply 363#363 spratt89's post

My heart just goes out to the boys and of course Liam and her Family. It's just so so sad and again a seemly stupid tragedy.

That symbol is the Claddagh. Most people wear it as a ring. Usually when the heart is turned in towards your own heart it means that your heart is taken and pointing outwards means your heart is not taken. Lots of people of Irish heritage or Irish living abroad would wear the Claddagh Ring as a wedding ring or an engagement ring:

The ring has three distinct elements each with its own symbolism:

Hands - symbolising Friendship
    Heart - for Love
    Crown - signifying Loyalty

Mills Signs Lucrative Fast Food Deal

Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has reportedly signed a $4.3 million (£3 million) deal to promote vegetarian food for fast food chain Burger King.

The former model - who last week invested in a seaside cafe which she plans to turn into a vegetarian eaterie - has agreed to launch a new meat-free burger at the company's 11,350 outlets throughout the world, according to U.K. newspaper The People.

A source tells the publication, "Heather is ecstatic. She believes she can change the eating habits of millions. She's also being paid a lot of money and the deal will help boost her standing."

Mills was reportedly chosen for the role after she gave $1 million (£700,000) worth of free veggie burgers to poor kids in New York last year.

Cleese Gets Divorce Discount

Actor John Cleese has won a court battle to get his $1.8 million (£1.3 million)-a-year divorce pay-out to his ex-wife halved.

The Monty Python star had hit out at the original settlement last May with third wife Alyce Faye Eichelberger, following their split after 16 years of marriage.

And a U.S. judge agrees with the star - cutting Cleese's monthly payments to Eichelberger from $153,000 (£106,000) to $82,000 (£57,000).

A source tells British newspaper The Daily Mail, "The settlement has been cut back because it was unrealistic. The lawyers had been wrangling for some time. They are still fighting it out, but I think a final decision is expected in the next two weeks."

Sheen Chose 'Unforgettable' Names For Twins

Actor Charlie Sheen named his newborn fraternal twins Bob and Max because the monikers were "easy to remember".

The Two and a Half Men star and his wife Brooke Mueller welcomed the boys into the world last week.

The twins are the fourth and fifth children for the 43-year-old. He has a 24-year-old daughter, Cassandra, from a previous relationship, and shares little girls Sam, four, and Lola, three, with ex-wife Denise Richards.

Sheen says, "They're very short and simple, easy to spell and remember… Bob is the same frontward and backward. I'm a fan of short and simple names."

Sheen and Mueller married in May last year.

Penn's Missing Movie Role Was 'Experimental'

Sean Penn has brushed off rumours he demanded his role in new movie Crossing Over be cut because he objected to a controversial scene in the film.

Penn shot scenes playing an enforcement agent in the drama, starring Harrison Ford and Ashley Judd.

When the film debuted in the U.S. this month without the actor, rumours swirled he was outraged by a controversial scene - where an Iranian woman believed to have dishonoured her family is killed by her brother - and demanded his role be cut.

Penn has brushed off the claims, insisting his part was never confirmed to make the final edit.

His spokesperson tells the New York Post, "Sean's portion of the film was somewhat experimental as it had a mystical quality that the rest of the film did not have. His not being in the final edit was a creative decision of which he was aware."

Lohan Eyes Full-time Modelling Career

Lindsay Lohan has hinted she could turn her back on acting for good - because she has more fun as a high-fashion model.

The Mean Girls star has struggled to carve out a successful Hollywood career since she shot to fame as a Disney child star, and hasn't starred in a big screen project since 2007 flop I Know Who Killed Me.

More recently, Lohan has relied on special appearances and modelling shoots to remain in the limelight.

But the star isn't too upset that the acting offers have dried up - admitting she'd love to pose for the camera full-time.

She tells Nylon magazine, "I love doing photo shoots. I mean, if I could just sign with Img (modelling agency) and do ad campaigns and model more, I'd do that . . . because that's fun for me. That's not work."

And it seems Lohan's modelling ambitions could come to fruition - Img boss Ivan Bart is keen to give the star a chance.

He tells New York gossip column PageSix, "She's a beautiful girl and obviously knows a lot about fashion. Providing that she was contractually free, we would take a meeting."

Russell Turned Down Stallone's Expendables Offer

Sylvester Stallone was stunned when he asked his Tango & Cash co-star Kurt Russell to appear in his forthcoming movie The Expendables - after the actor's agent ordered him to make the request by formal letter.

The Rambo star has lined up a stellar cast of Hollywood hardmen for the action-thriller, including Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and rapper 50 Cent.

And Stallone was keen to get his pal Russell on-board - but was staggered by the less-than-friendly response.

He tells his forum StallonZone, "I know that many people on the site have asked for Kurt Russell. I asked for him too.

"Actually, I was taken aback when asked to put the request in a letter and send it to his agent. Subsequently, I was called back by the agent several days later after refusing to send a letter and he said Kurt Russell is not interested in 'ensemble acting' at this time. So, people, I came, I saw, I failed".

Lohan's Money Troubles

Actress Lindsay Lohan is suffering the effects of the global economic crisis - her financial problems have reportedly forced her to borrow money from her girlfriend Samantha Ronson.

Lohan admitted her money troubles in a recent interview with Nylon magazine, telling the publication she is struggling to pay the mortgage on her Los Angeles home as she has not made a movie since 2007 box office flop I Know Who Killed Me.

And now the New York Daily News is reporting that Lohan's cash crisis has deepened due to her excessive spending, leaving her borrowing from her DJ partner to support her extravagant lifestyle.

A source tells the publication, "Lindsay is spending like crazy! She’s living on credit right now. She has no cash. The problem is, the money being spent is mostly Sam’s because Lindsay doesn’t really have any of her own at the moment. Sam really thinks Lindsay needs to learn how to become a recessionista and manage her money better."

While another insider adds, "Lindsay’s money situation has never been great, but it’s only gotten worse over the last month. For every dollar she makes, she spends double. Her personal appearance fees are literally the only thing keeping her afloat. Because of her explosive relationship with Sam, she’s unable to get the type of cash she’s used to. The negative press and constant appearance cancellations are hurting her pocketbook.”

Kutcher's Cheeky Photo

Ashton Kutcher has risked incurring wife Demi Moore's wrath - by posting a picture of the actress' bottom on the Internet.

The couple was in the Turks and Caicos Islands to attend the wedding of Moore's ex-husband Bruce Willis to model Emma Heming on Saturday.

And Kutcher celebrated the event by mischievously taking a picture of the Ghost star bending over while wearing a bikini - and then posting the sneaky snap on social networking site Twitter.com.

He wrote: "Watching my wife steam my suit while wearing a bikini. I love God! I'm not wearing the bikini, she is -that's what makes it so glorious."

Captioning the photo, he added: "Shhh don't tell wifey."

Holmes Babysits Beckham Boys

Katie Holmes has proved her friendship with Victoria Beckham is still strong by offering to babysit the star's three sons.

Beckham is currently away from the family home in Los Angeles scouting for a house in Milan, Italy, where her husband David is living while he plays for top soccer club AC Milan.

The family left their three children, Brooklyn, 10, Romeo, six, and Cruz, four, in L.A. under the care of her mother-in-law Sandra, who reportedly had to fly back to London early.

But Holmes quashed recent rumours that the pair's friendship had cooled, by stepping in to look after the youngsters so her friend wouldn't have to cut short her trip.

The actress has been photographed taking the boys on an outing with her two-year-old daughter, Suri, to Santa Monica, California on Sunday to visit the Children’s Art Studio.

A source tells British newspaper Metro, "Katie offered to babysit during dinner in Nobu. She has offered to let Victoria stay at her home in Telluride (Italy) and is being supportive. All relationships are tough, especially when you are living thousands of miles apart and Katie understands this.

"Victoria is determined to stay in L.A. and doesn't want to return to Europe but she knows that David doesn't feel the same way."

Robin Williams recovering after heart surgery

Robin Williams is due to make a complete recovery within the next eight weeks after having undergone heart surgery on March 13, according to a statement released by his publicist. "Mr. Williams' operation went extremely well and we expect him to make a full recovery," said Cleveland Clinic staff cardiothoracic surgeon A. Marc Gillinov. "The 3-1/2-hour heart surgery was conducted to replace his aortic valve, repair his mitral valve, and correct his irregular heart beat."

Williams, whose comedy show "Weapons of Self-Destruction" had to be postponed until the fall, said in a statement, "The professionals at the University of Miami Hospital and ultimately at the Cleveland Clinic were all fantastic. I can't thank them enough for their kindness and dedication while I was in their care. I must also thank all the people who have expressed their love and concern for me. I have been deeply touched by their support. I got some great new material for the tour and can’t wait to get back on the road. I’m thinking the next leg of the tour will be 'Weapons of Self-Destruction and Reconstruction!'"

Reply 375#375 spratt89's post

awwwsome.cant wait to see the material

Letterman Weds

Late-night U.S. chat show host David Letterman has secretly wed his longtime girlfriend Regina Lasko, according to news reports.

The Late Show host and Lasko exchanged vows last week, according to UsMagazine.com. The pair had been dating since 2001, and Lasko gave birth to their first child, Harry, in 2003.

Letterman, who was previously married to his college sweetheart, Michelle Cook, fell in love with Lasko while she worked as his assistant.

The couple reportedly wed at the TV star's Montana ranch in September, 2003, but those rumours proved to be untrue.

Kurylenko Is Careful With Her Cash

Bond girl Olga Kurylenko will always be careful with her finances - because her poverty-stricken upbringing taught her the value of money from a young age.

The Quantum of Solace star admits the hardships she endured as a child have made her very cash conscious - and she refuses to waste money on frivolous items she doesn't need.

And that means there's one celebrity trend the former Ukranian model will never follow - collecting shoes.

She explains, "I refused to go to school because my shoes had no soles. My mother insisted that I go, so I took a needle and thread and stitched the shoes so that my toes wouldn't poke out at the end.

"By the time I got to school the stitches had come out and my feet were on show. It was very upsetting. But those experiences taught me a lot about money. It's not important in my life. I don't really think about it at all. Because I grew up with nothing I have no extravagances. I don't want hundreds of shoes - just a few pairs that don't need stitching up."

Proud Grandfather Sheen Reveals Estevez Wedding News

Actor Martin Sheen is preparing to welcome yet another new addition to his family - his son Emilio Estevez's son Taylor is to wed his longterm girlfriend this summer.

The marriage news was broken by Sheen, who became a grandfather again earlier this month when Estevez's brother Charlie Sheen's wife Brooke gave birth to twin boys Bob and Max.

And now there's some more happy family news.

Discussing his grandkids, Sheen says, "One of them is getting married this summer in Spain... Taylor, who's Emilio's eldest child."

Taylor, 26, is The Breakfast Club star's child from his relationship with ex-model Carey Salley. Estevez and Salley also share a daughter, Paloma, 23.

Milano Writes Baseball Book

Actress Alyssa Milano has detailed her love affairs with top baseball players in a new book about the great American pastime.

The Charmed star has been fanatical about the sport since she was a child, and went on to date some of the game's most famous players, including former Los Angeles Dodgers star Brad Penny and fellow pitchers Carl Pavano and Barry Zito.

In her new book Safe at Home: Confessions of a Baseball Fanatic, she writes: "Other women dream of papaya facials and mango pedicures. Give me a hot dog, a pitchers' duel and a late-inning suicide squeeze (risky tactic to score), and I melt like hot pine tar."

And she admits she struggles not to date the stars of the game: "To be completely honest, after Barry and I broke up, I swore off baseball players. (But) Brad had me at, 'Let's go down to the clubhouse.'"

And Milano has used the tome to defend her sports idols against allegations of steroid use - the scandal which is currently wresking the sport. She compares the performance-enhancing drug to wrinkle-reducing facial injections actresses get to stay at the top of their game in youth-obsessed Hollywood.

Milano adds, "The big difference between injecting Botox and with taking human growth hormone is that there are no rules against Botox."

Thread