Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Reply 252#252 spratt89's post

I just saw Frozen River today, and thought the movie is quite grim, her performance was definitely award worthy.  I've always liked her.  I first noticed her in the series Young Guns, and then on Homicide: Life on the Streets.  She's a very good actress - one who's always believable in the roles she plays.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Kate Hudson, Owen Wilson 'want a baby'

Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson are planning to to have a child together, it has been claimed.

The couple split up in 2007, but it recently emerged that the pair had reunited, The Sun reports.

A friend said: "Kate and Owen initially got back together three months ago after realising they couldn't live without each other. Now they are ready to become parents.

"It was a stumbling block previously with Owen. He's always had a difficult time committing, but this time it's different.

"Kate was with him throughout his recovery and that made Owen realise how much he loves her.

"Everyone is now confident the relationship will work out long-term and they will be together forever."

The friend added that Hudson was "desperate" to have a brother or sister for her first child from her previous marriage to Chris Robinson.

Last week, Hudson and Wilson were spotted holidaying together in Paris and Normandy.

Reply 260#260 shinny's post

that could be one of the funniest thinks i have ever seen

Brown charged over Rihanna 'attack'

Chris Brown has been formally charged with two felonies in relation to last month's alleged assault on Rihanna.

The LA District Attorney's office announced that the R&B singer faces charges of assault and making criminal threats. Brown, 19, could face up to four years and eight months in prison if convicted, reports People.

Brown and Rihanna, 21, were said to have become embroiled in an argument on the night of February 8, just hours before they were both due to appear at the Grammys. They both withdrew from the awards event and Brown later handed himself in to police.

It has been claimed that a text message on Brown's phone from another woman sparked the argument.

The couple are rumoured to have now reunited following a short separation.

Jackson: O2 gigs will be "final curtain call"

Michael Jackson has announced that his upcoming London concerts will be "the final curtain call".

The singer, 50, appeared on stage at the O2 arena to confirm that he will perform at the venue in July.

After being introduced by X Factor presenter Dermot O'Leary, he told hundreds of fans and waiting media: "This is it. I just want to say that these will be my final show performances in London."

He continued: "This will be it. When I say this is it, it really means this is it. I'll be performing the songs my fans want to hear. This is the final curtain call."

Jackson's first concert will take place on July 8, with tickets going on sale on March 13, reports the BBC.

The singer, who was an hour and a half late for the announcement, began by telling fans: "I love you so much."

Eminem's Relapse Set For May Release

Interscope Records announced Thursday (March 5) that Slim Shady is dropping two albums this year, Relapse and Relapse 2.

The first LP has been slated for May 19, with a single and video premiering on radio and television airwaves on April 7. It sounds like this record will be in addition to "Crack a Bottle," which has already gone #1. The video for that hit should drop soon.

Relapse 2 doesn't have a release date yet, but in a statement, Em said that he's currently in the studio working on that project and it will come out in the second half of this year.

"A lot of people were expecting Relapse to drop last year," Eminem said in the press release. "I was one of them. Then Dre and I went back in the studio in September for a few days, and that turned into six months. We were on such a roll; we wound up with a ton of new music produced by Dre. Putting out Relapse 2 will let everyone get all of the best stuff."

It's been more than four years since Em's last solo LP, Encore. Verses, let alone full songs, from the acclaimed star have been sparse. Last year, Em dropped a freestyle called "I'm Having a Relapse" while promoting his autobiography, "Eminem: The Way I Am." The rhymes were crisp and let everyone know he wasn't missing a step.

Vince Vaughn Gets Engaged

Who's gonna crash this wedding?

Vince Vaughn has gotten engaged to his girlfriend, Canadian realtor Kyla Weber, her father, Ken Weber, told the Montreal Gazette.

A rep for Vaughn declined to comment and Weber did not offer any more specifics, except that his daughter is currently in Los Angeles with the actor.

The low-profile couple has reportedly been together since September. Vaughn dated his Break-Up costar Jennifer Aniston for a year before splitting in 2006.

Robin Williams to Have Heart Surgery

Robin Williams will undergo heart surgery for an aortic valve replacement and will scrap the remaining dates on his stand-up comedy tour, The Associated Press reports.

Earlier this week, the Oscar-winning actor complained of shortness of breath and nixed a few dates in Florida on his one-man show, Weapons of Self-Destruction.

"I'm so touched by everyone's support and well wishes," Williams said in a statement. "This tour has been amazing fun and I can't wait to get back out on the road after a little tune-up."

A rep for Williams did not disclose when or where the operation will take place.

Williams has been on the 80-city tour since September.

Reply 268#268 spratt89's post

crap.i hope hes gona be ok.hes really funny and i hope his new stand up special releases on dvd soon

Oprah Warns Rihanna To Keep Distance From Brown

Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey has warned Rihanna against reconciling with boyfriend Chris Brown.

Brown has been charged with two felony charges following his bust-up with the Umbrella hitmaker last month.

The Kiss Kiss singer is free on $50,000 (£35,700) bail after he was granted a continuance at his arraignment hearing on Thursday and is due back in court next month.

Reports suggest Rihanna has reconciled with the singer and was in Los Angeles with him prior to the arraignment.

But Winfrey is wary of the pair getting back together - and advises them to have counselling.

She says, "You need somebody to tell you the truth in this moment. And the truth is guys, both Chris Brown and Rihanna, if I were your friend, I would call you up and I would say 'Give it some time, get yourself some counselling, take care of yourself, heal yourself first.'

"And also, 'Love doesn't hurt'. I've been saying this to women for years - love doesn't hurt. And if a man hits you once, he will hit you again. He will hit you again. I don't care what his plea is, he will hit you again.'"

If convicted, Brown faces up to four years and eight months behind bars.

Winslet Used For Political Party Advertising

A picture of Kate Winslet has landed British political party the Liberal Democrats in hot water - after workers edited the image to make it appear she had attended a party function.

An photo of the Oscar winning beauty on the red carpet at the 2007 Golden Globes was used for an advert for the Liberal Democrats' conference brochure.

But the image was doctored to appear as though Winslet was at the Liberal Democrats Council Awards at the party's conference in Yorkshire, England on Friday.

The advert made a joke of Winslet's speech at this year's Golden Globes ceremony, reading: "Winning can be emotional."

A spokeswoman for the actress confirmed the party had not asked Winslet's permission to use the photo.

She says, "They did not request permission to use the image and, so far, Kate has not been made aware of its use. I am not aware of her political position."

A spokesman for the Liberal Democrats' local government group - which was behind the advert - says the image does not suggest Winslet supports the Liberal Democrats.

Fox Praises Obama For Lifting Stem Cell Ban

Michael J. Fox has heaped praised on U.S. President Barack Obama for lifting an eight-year federal funding ban on stem cell research.

Fox has been a strong advocate of embryonic stem cell studies since publicly disclosing his battle with Parkinson's disease in 1998, seven years after his diagnosis.

He founded the Michael J. Fox Foundation in 2000, which has since become the largest private funder in the U.S. of medical research into the disease.

And he's given a nod to Obama, who will sign an executive order on Monday lifting limits placed by the administration of former President George W. Bush, who blocked the use of any government money to fund research on human embryonic stem cell lines created after 9 August 2001.

Fox says, "Today is a new day. I'm thrilled to see President Obama has honoured his commitment to get politics out of science. The last few years have been incredibly frustrating for patients and researchers who believe that embryonic stem cell research has the potential to bring better treatment... to many of the patients. I commend the President for recognising the inherent value of research freedom and creating an environment in which it can flourish."

Timberlake 'planning summer wedding'

Justin Timberlake is reportedly planning to marry girlfriend Jessica Biel this summer.

The 'SexyBack' singer sparked rumours that the couple were engaged after being spotted browsing a jewellery store for a ring.

"Justin was really taking his time looking round the rings. He made the staff get a couple out of the cabinets so he could properly look at them," a source told Metro.

The pair, who have been together since 2007, are said to have chosen to marry in Italy after attending a friend's nuptials in the country last October.

"They both like the idea of marrying in Italy in the summer," the source added.

Timberlake has previously dated Cameron Diaz and Britney Spears.

Damon endures strong gusts in 110km ride

Matt Damon has battled strong winds to complete a 110km bike ride in South Africa.

Gusts of up to 60km per hour were recorded on the annual Cape Argus Cycle Tour, which attracted about 35,000 entrants.

The Departed star told ITN: "It was windy at first and we had a bunch of bike problems so we were on the side of the road quite a bit. But it's nice to finish, it was beautiful."

Damon is in South Africa to film The Human Factor, which tells the story of the South African Springboks Rugby World Cup win in 1995.

Directed by Clint Eastwood, the movie also stars Morgan Freeman and is due to start shooting this week.

Panettiere Hits Out At Press

Actress Hayden Panettiere reportedly lost her cool at a fundraiser gala in Hawaii at the weekend (7/8Mar09) - blasting a reporter for touching her shoulder.

The Heroes star allegedly screamed "back up" to photographers as she was walking the red carpet at a charity event on Sunday.

The 19-year-old then barked "Don't you ever touch me" to a reporter who had tapped her on the shoulder to ask for an interview, before telling the onlooking press, "You all make my life miserable", according to Us Weekly magazine.

Panettiere has had previous run-ins with the media - she fell out with a Us Weekly reporter in July after the publication ran a story about her split with Stephen Colletti.

Fox & Green Working Out Their Problems

Transformers star Megan Fox and actor Brian Austin Green are reportedly seeking professional help to save their romance.

Friends close to the couple insist reports suggesting the engaged pair had split are not true, but they have "hit a rough patch".

A source tells In Touch Weekly magazine, "They didn’t break up. They hit a rough patch."

Fox was spotted taking Brian’s son, Kassius, to school, and the pair was also seen holding hands in public.

A friend tells the publication, "These two are very much in love and plan to be together for a long time.

"They decided to enter counselling in hopes of staying together. It was a mutual decision. Lots of couples go to therapy together, and they are committed to try and make it work."

Rihanna and Chris Duet -- Feel the Love

TMZ now has all the details about the secret late-night recording sessions between Rihanna and Chris Brown -- and they were jam-packed with emotion and serious drama, with some playful touching -- seriously.

The whole thing came together when they decided to reconcile shortly after the attack. Sources tell us music producer Polow Da Don convinced both Chris and Rihanna to get in the studio and record a love song stat, stressing that timing was important because the heightened emotions would translate powerfully into the music.

Both Rihanna and Chris agreed and snuck in a couple of "late night" sessions that we're told were "very, very emotional ... the feeling in the room was pure love." Clearly, love hurts.

As for how they got along, they were "playfully touching each other."

We're told the song was originally written for Rihanna before the fight, but after the beat down the producer believed the track -- which ironically focuses on overcoming difficult challenges as a couple -- would be the perfect duet.

Johnson Saved Himself From A Life Of Crime

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was a tearaway teen who only turned his life around when he realised his family was on the brink of financial ruin.

The wrestler-turned-actor landed in frequent trouble with the law while growing up in Hawaii, and was arrested numerous times for fighting and theft.

He admits he could easily have become a criminal for life if it wasn't for the intervention of his mother, who had to bail him out of jail when he was 17.

Johnson reveals, "My parents were dealing with evictions and repossessions and electricity getting shut off, and I just realised I had to get it together."

Hogan Asks For Access To Funds

Wrestling star Hulk Hogan has requested access to funds that were frozen by a judge during his pending divorce - because he cannot afford to pay his bills.

Hogan - real name Terry Bollea - has filed documents asking a judge to free up $300,000 (£219,000) as he is unable to work due to back surgery he underwent last month.

The motion, filed on Monday, indicates that the star has approximately $411,000 (£300,000) in his bank account but owes $312,000 (£228,000) in bills.

The star's estranged spouse Linda, who filed for divorce from Hogan in November 2007 after 23 years of marriage, was granted $400,000 (£292,000) to pay attorneys' fees in December.

The matter is expected to be resolved at a hearing on Thursday

Boreanaz Lets Slip Baby News

Bones actor David Boreanaz is to become a father for the second time.

The 39 year old star let the news slip during an appearance on U.S. morning show Live with Regis & Kelly on Wednesday, when he discussed how he explained "the birds and the bees" to his six year old son Jaden Rayne, with wife Jaime Bergman.

He revealed, "(I said), 'Jaden, you're aware that mommy and daddy are having a new baby?'"

Co-host Kelly Ripa picked up on the mistake and prompted, "Did you just say you're having a new baby?" - to which Boreanaz replied, "I said that? Oh I did! Yes, I'm having a new baby."

The expectant couple has been married since 2001.

Thread