Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

JENNIFER HUDSON PERFORMS NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jennifer Hudson opens the 2009 Super Bowl singing the national anthem -- her first performance since her family tragedy.
"I think [Hudson is] going to feel a love and an embrace from the audience like she's never felt before," Faith Hill told "The Insider" prior to the pre-game show.
Hudson's mother, brother and nephew were found murdered late last year and this performance marks one of her first public appearances.
Hill sang "America the Beautiful" for the pre-game show and the airline crew from flight 1549 (Miracle on the Hudson River) was also honored prior to the game.
The Super Bowl XLII is being held at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL with the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers in the game.

CARMEN ELECTRA SIZES UP JESSICA SIMPSON

The lovely Carmen Electra is weighing in on Jessica Simpson's curvy controversy!
"She's a gorgeous girl," Carmen talks about Jessica to People magazine. "A lot of women would die to look as good as she looks."
Carmen tells the mag she thinks the controversy stems from the outfit Jessica was wearing when she was photographed on stage in Pembroke Pines, FL.
"There's going to be moments where people don't necessarily like your look or what you're wearing, and that's okay," Carmen says. "Next week, she'll rock some outfit that will blow everyone away."

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA GIVES HIS SUPER BOWL PREDICTION

President Barack Obama reveals who he thinks will win the 2009 Super Bowl -- will it be the Arizona Cardinals or the Pittsburgh Steelers?
Obama says in an interview with Matt Lauer that he's routing for the Steelers though he likes the story of the Cardinals. The president says the owner of the Steelers, Dan Rooney, didn't just endorse him, he campaigned for him.
So what's Obama's prediction for the game? "Its tough to predict but I think the Steelers are going to eek it out in a close one," he says.
"Last year you predicted the [New England] Patriots over my [New York] Giants. I don't have a question here, I just wanted to rub it in a little bit," Lauer jokes.
"I'm still wondering how that guy made that catch," the president responds.
Obama says for this game, he has his Steeler's terrible towel in the next room.

Britney Will Cancel Tour If Kiddies Can't Come

Here's what we know. For weeks, Britney, K-Fed and Jamie Spears have been privately hashing out a plan to let the kids travel with Brit while she goes on tour. The plan is to have homes in three bases -- New Jersey, New Orleans and Los Angeles. Sean Preston and Jayden James would stay in one of these three bases and mom would commute back and forth while doing concerts in each region.

And here's a fun fact. We've learned Britney will pay Kevin in excess of $4,000 a week for each week she's on tour. The way the deal goes... Brit would get K-Fed his own pad in each of the three bases and he wouldn't even have to show up to get the money! Why, you ask, would she pay him? You figure it out....

So here's the rub. Britney, K-Fed and Jamie worked out the arrangement without the help of any of the lawyers. We're told a week ago K-Fed's lawyers became aware of the plan and were furious, thinking Jamie went behind their backs. Sources tell us K-Fed's lawyers have said they object to the plan but won't specifically say why. And Kevin apparently doesn't have the cojones to stand up to his lawyers.

Britney WILL cancel the tour if she can't take her kids... we know that for a fact.

By the way, Britney now has close to 50/50 custody and the trio has also worked out a long-term agreement, which would extend the arrangement. That too, could be compromised.

Fringe Stars Anna Torv and Mark Valley Married!

It's true.
A spokesperson for Anna Torv has just confirmed to us that the Fringe star secretly married Mark Valley, who plays her love interest on the Fox show.
OK, "love interest" may be simplifying things just a wee bit. Mark plays her ex-lover John Scott, who turned out to be evil and died, but then came back to the series through hallucinations. (Just another day in the world of JJ Abrams.)
So when and where did the wedding ceremony go down? And more importantly, who even know these two were together at all?

Craig Blankenhron/FOX
Though Torv's rep declined to provide futher details, sources on the show tell us that the small, private ceremony took place over the holidays.
The pair has been quietly dating for several months--so quietly that many of their fellow cast and crew members weren't aware they were together. (And neither did the press.)
We're told the ceremony took place within days of Mark's 45th birthday. Anna is 30.
What do you think of this real-life coupling? Anyone else surprised?

Nick Hogan -- On the Road Again

If you live in central Florida, watch out for a speeding yellow Supra -- Nick Hogan has just been allowed back behind the wheel.

Nick was just granted a driving permit for business-related excursions -- meaning he can only drive from home to work and back again ... no exceptions.

Last May, a judge ordered Hogan's license to be revoked for three years because of his 2007 crash that left his buddy, John Graziano, with serious brain damage.

A-Rod Irate Over Madge's Double-Pumping

Madonna has been flaunting boytoy Jesus Luz all over NYC –- and her other, slightly older boytoy, Alex Rodriguez, reportedly ain't happy about Madge's swingin' ways.

"It's embarrassing for him because he and Madonna have been so publicly linked," says a source of Frostytips to the NY Daily News. "And now it looks like he's been dumped for a younger stud." But amusingly enough, says the source, Madonna is telling A-Rod it's a "publicity trick" to take the heat off their own romance.

A-Rod's and Jesus' age combined exceeds Madonna's by five years.

Black Eyed Peas Brother Murdered

Apl's in mourning.
The brother of Black Eyes Peas mastermind apl.de.ap, otherwise known as Allan Pineda Lindo, was gunned down in the northern Philippine town of Porac, Pampanga.
Joven Pineda Deala was the youngest and purportedly favorite brother of apl, who was born in the Philippines and grew up in the barrio before he was adopted by an American and moved to the United States, where he eventually formed the Peas with will.i.am.
Per the Philippines Inquirer, Deala, 21, was sitting in his car outside his girlfriend's home  at approximately 1 a.m. Tuesday when he was shot in the head by an unidentified gunman.
Police are still searching for a suspect and do not yet have a motive for the killing, though various media outlets have reported the murder may have been the result of a love triangle.
Apl, 34, is expected to fly to the Philippines to attend his sibling's wake and burial.

Holly Quits on Playboy for Trick Turner

Criss Angel has finally completed his first good magic trick -- he's made Holly Madison disappear from Playboy.

We're told the former Hugh Hefner hanger-on resigned her position as Playmate editor (whatever that means) for Playboy magazine -- all because she wants to spend more time in Las Vegas with the world's lamest illusionist.

Our sources say she's been nonexistent at the Playboy workplace for awhile now. If only Angel would follow suit.

TIGER WOODS PREPS FOR BABY NO. 2

Tiger Woods says the birth of his second child "takes precedent" over anything he does golf-wise -- but he still plans to play a round with a certain government official.
"[My wife Elin Nordegren], [my son] Sam and I are very excited for the new baby to arrive, although that's when the real lack of sleep begins," Woods writes on his website.
Woods has yet to return to competitive golf since his knee surgery in June of last year and may have a slow return to pro golf with the new baby. "I'm taking it tournament to tournament. With our new addition, it's going to be a hectic spring."
Regardless, he's still making plans to play with none other that President Barack Obama.
"I did ask [Obama] if he wanted to play golf and he said 'I'd love to.' So we'll make it happen."

MICHAEL PHELPS PONDERS OLYMPIC FUTURE

Olympic swimming champion Michael Phelps speaks out on his career plans in his first interview since a tabloid published a photo depicting him using a bong.
The winner of a record 14 Olympic gold medals told his hometown newspaper the Baltimore Sun that public scrutiny over the embarrassing photo has him reconsidering whether to swim in the 2012 Olympics.
"This is a decision of mine that I'm not going to make today and I'm not going to make tomorrow," Phelps said. "It's going to require a lot of time and energy and a lot of thinking for myself - but also talking to Bob (coach Bob Bowman) and talking to my family and just deciding what I want to do."
"Yeah, there are still goals that I have in the pool, 100 percent. But I'm not going to let anything stand in my way. If I decide to walk away, I'll decide to walk away on my own terms. If it's now, if it's four years, who knows. But it is something I need to think about and decide what I want to do," Phelps said.
After the photo was published, Phelps quickly issued a statement acknowledging "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after he was depicted using the bong, which is frequently used to smoke marijuana. He apologized for the incident and promised "fans and the public it will not happen again."

VAL KILMER RUNNING FOR NM GOVERNOR?

Is Val Kilmer plotting to break on through to the political side? The former 'Doors' and 'Top Gun' star hinted this week that he may make a bid for governor of New Mexico, reports the Associated Press.
The 49-year-old registered Democrat, a New Mexico resident for more than 20 years, said that he pondering the leadership position when Democrat Bill Richardson's second term ends in 2010.
"I'm just looking for ways to be contributive," Kilmer said. "And if that ends up being where I can make a substantial contribution, then I'll run."
Kilmer said he voted for then-President-elect Obama while filming a project in Bulgaria. One of his primary opponents, should he choose to run, would be Democrat and Lt. Gov. Diane Denish, who's already running for the job.
No decision has been made yet, however, with the Hollywood star saying, "It's really day to day."

Simpson's Excuse -- I Had an Off Night

Jessica Simpson is already explaining her reportedly bizarre, calamity-filled, lyric-forgetting performance in Michigan last night -- chalking the whole thing up to an "off night."

Her rep tells TMZ, "Jessica had an off night. She's a perfectionist and wanted to start some songs over. She always wants to give the best performance for her fans."

Jess' recent wave of bad press continued this morning when a Grand Rapids Press editor who attended the show claimed the singer forgot her lyrics, struggled with her ear monitors, mumbled through songs, fought back tears and asked her band to re-start a song.

At one point in the show, Simpson mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to the crowd.

FYI -- no apology has been issued for the years of the other shows she's done.

MICHAEL PHELPS SOUNDS OFF ON SWIMMING SUSPENSION

Olympic great Michael Phelps is speaking out about his three-month suspension from competitive swimming, a decision that came down after a controversial photo surfaced depicting Phelps allegedly smoking from a bong.
"It's not my decision. It's theirs," Phelps tells the Associated Press of USA Swimming's suspension determination. "I have nothing to say, but if that's what they want to do, that's their choice. It's something that USA Swimming came up with. It's fair. Obviously, for a mistake you should get punished."
"It was bad and stupid judgment, and something I'll always live with," Phelps says about his actions in the photograph.
Phelps also talks about how his mother, Debbie Phelps, responded to the news.
"Mom wasn't happy," Phelps says. "She's been supportive through it, but wasn't happy."
As for what the fallout may mean for his 2012 Olympic plans, Phelps tells the AP, "I'm taking it step by step, day by day. There's still a long way between now and then," he said. "But I'm back here, I'm training for who knows what yet. But I'm back in the water, doing the thing I love."
The suspension means Phelps cannot compete until early May -- two months before the world championships in Rome this July.
Phelps also thanked those who have sent him messages of support.

Billy Ray Cyrus -- Burned Out

Unfortunately, it's not the home that will need the extreme makeover after this.
A Billy Ray Cyrus concert scheduled to be featured in an upcoming episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition had to be postponed after a fire tore through the venue.
"A chimney fire broke out tonight during an Extreme Makeover: Home Edition shoot at a secondary location where crowds gathered for a Billy Ray Cyrus concert," a rep for ABC tells E! News. "There were no injuries and all spectators were safely evacuated."
The Cyrus show was taking place at Boulder Creek Ranch, a year-round event facility in Hesperia, Calif., near San Bernardino.
"The cast and crew wish to express their sincere compassion to Jim and Gail Hasty, who were kind enough to host the concert at their Boulder Creek Ranch property and lost their lodge in the fire," the ABC rep said.
No word on whether Cyrus was in the immediate area, but TMZ.com reported that Ty Pennington had just arrived for the shoot when the fire broke out.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 2-7-2009 12:26 ]

CHRISTIAN BALE APOLOGIZES FOR 'AWFUL' MELTDOWN

Christian Bale called into L.A.'s "Kevin & Bean" morning radio show on KROQ, and the film star spoke out about his headline-grabbing meltdown and weighed in on the Michael Phelps controversy!
Bale issued a heartfelt apology for his "embarrassing meltdown" caught on tape, saying:
"The thing that I want to stress is that I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief. I was way out of order. I acted like a punk -- I regret that, and there is nobody that has heard that tape that is hit harder by it than me. So I make no excuses for it -- it is inexcusable, and I hope that is absolutely clear."
Bale went on to say he was deep in character on the day he flipped out on the set of 'Terminator Salvation,' in which he plays John Connor. But Bale said that doesn't excuse his behavior.
"I made it ugly, and that was awful…completely mixed up fact and fiction."
The film star says he and the crew member he was caught reprimanding on tape resolved the situation on the very day that it happened.
"I am embarrassed by it, and I regret it -- and I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves, 'Have [you] ever had a bad day, and have [you] ever lost [your] temper and really regretted it immensely?'"
Bale also had words for Olympic great Michael Phelps, who lost an endorsement deal with Kellogg and received a three-month suspension from USA Swimming Thursday.
"Please, Michael Phelps, swim in the next Olympics," Bale said. "This guy has a God-given talent. So he smoked a bit of weed; plenty of our presidents have … do not waste that God-given talent."

Subway Won't Throw Phelps Back in Water

Everyone knows the first rule of marketing is to know your audience -- the kind of audience that orders two foot longs and a bag of chips a little past 4:20 each day.

Either way, Subway has decided not to ditch Michael Phelps following his incident with the device that's generally sold "for tobacco use only."

Subway says "Like most Americans, and like Michael Phelps himself, we were disappointed in his behavior. Also like most Americans, we accept his apology. Moving forward, he remains in our plans."

At least Michael knows where he can get his next meal, even if it isn't a bowl of Kellogg's cereal.

REPORT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ TESTED POSITIVE FOR STEROIDS

A new scandal surrounds Alex Rodriguez, the New York Yankees baseball star who's been linked to Madonna.
Sources tell Sports Illustrated that A-Rod tested positive for two anabolic steroids in 2003, the year he captured a homerun title and an MVP title as a member of the Texas Rangers.
SportsIllustrated.com says the all-star slugger had no comment for an SI reporter when asked about his 2003 test results.
A-Rod and his ex-wife Cynthia divorced last September amidst rumors about the Yankees star's relationship with Madonna. A-Rod told People magazine he and Madonna are just friends.

'CSI: MIAMI''S EVA LA RUE CALLS OFF WEDDING

Actress Eva La Rue reveals that despite being featured on the winter issue of InStyle Weddings, her spring wedding has been cancelled.
The star of the CBS hit "CSI: Miami" told 104.3MYfm's Valentine in the Morning that commitment issues on the part of her fiancé, Joe Cappuccio, played a major role in the wedding being called off.
"I think our issues and our patterns just butted up against each other wrong, and some people are capable of breaking through those issues and patterns and learning and growing, and some people aren't," La Rue said.
The former "All My Children" star acknowledged that she "got hurt" in the breakup, but said she still considers her ex "a good guy." She also joked to Valentine in the Morning: "I got a beautiful ring out of it."

Usher Cancels Gig Over "Serious Family Injury"

A family emergency caused Usher to 86 his performance at a pre-Grammy party last night -- and one report claims it's because his wife is in trouble after having cosmetic surgery.

Music bigwig Clive Davis announced at his Pre-Grammy Bash that Usher's cancellation was due to a "serious injury in the family" -- and according to Access Hollywood, his wife Tameka had "experienced complications from plastic surgery" in Brazil.

Access claims a neurosurgeon is on the way to South America to assist Tameka -- who gave birth to their second child back in December.

Thread