Thread
Printable Version

Hawthorne Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

glad to hear it got renewed, I like the show and the characters. So with ER over and GA not being that great last season..... at least one medical show I enjoy.

Reply 54#54 codebreaker's post

It's so sad about the baby- unfortunately it happens all too often in real life too. I just read about a similar case in the paper last week.

Yes, it was SO sad to see that she remembered to lock the car, get the handbag and all. At first it looked so normal but then looking back you wonder if all day, while all the exams were going on, did she really not remember the baby? So sad.
And yes, the first couple of episodes I was not so sure but by now, good show. Not spectacular but good. It does help with the GA withdrawal and wondering if Violet will make it on PP.

Well, I think it is time to rewatch a few of these- according to the Net the next season will be on the screen in late June... glad this returns for another season. I liked it and it will tide me over until GA and the others are back from summer vacation.

Wow, so far a pretty strong season opener with an interesting storyline and the 3rd episode was quite dramatic! Too bad that Paul is gone, i liked him in the show. This show really grew on me and it is interesting to see it from the nurses perspective, not always from that of the doctors. And with the new hospital setup you can see what is going on behind the scenes and it is realyl interesting.

yep, that proposal came too early, after all she had jitters about even kissing him and making out....... so no way she's ready for marriage again.................

Reply 14#14 kellemanske's post

hard to say what one would do in that situation, especially after seeing both sides
what I found sad was that people got hurt by those protesting outside and making death threats to the surgeon? that was scary to me

I think they showed the dilemma really well without moralizing or advocating one side. Well done. I like how this show isn't all that glossy but shows a bit more reality. Those who work in the medical field may correct me here but it feels less glam than other doctor shows. And I mean that in a good way.

The two new nurses are growing on me. And it was a good episode- they sure give the viewers a lot to think about. I like that. This show is not exactly mindless entertainment and I like it.

Interesting episode today- but I must admit, when I saw Christina faint I thought she might be pregnant- and now it is Candy! But she sure did not look happy at the end. Her boyfriend with the other woman and her daughter with boyfriend, not an ideal homecoming but I still wonder why she did not go to the surgery with him. I wonder if there is more to it we do not know yet.

Forgot to add- the nurse I so hated at the beginning of the season, Gail, she's definitley growing on me.

Reply 30#30 waterlilybarb's post

I totally agree with what you wrote- too bad for him. I think he picked the wrong one.

Hm, I was puzzled over the leg story myself and had to search online for a reminder and while doing so I came across the fact that the actress is NOT an amputee herself. I think they could have easily found a real amputee to send a message out...

Thread