Thread
Printable Version

Hawthorne Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

yep, that proposal came too early, after all she had jitters about even kissing him and making out....... so no way she's ready for marriage again.................

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

yeah, I get that and I'm not sure how I would feel about treating that patient, but you don't think that a murderer can change his life only to reconsider a while later when you realize that he did something worse than murder. I mean, if a murderer can change, any murderer, then so can a real bad one. You believe in it or not...

Reply 14#14 kellemanske's post

hard to say what one would do in that situation, especially after seeing both sides
what I found sad was that people got hurt by those protesting outside and making death threats to the surgeon? that was scary to me

Well in the end it really made to think there isn't many show put these type in public discussion but 25 years a long time think about what you did and i felt he was sorry about  what he did and think about this 25 years ago 2 years old i am not same person i was back than i think people can change or mature realise error of their ways. .

I think they showed the dilemma really well without moralizing or advocating one side. Well done. I like how this show isn't all that glossy but shows a bit more reality. Those who work in the medical field may correct me here but it feels less glam than other doctor shows. And I mean that in a good way.

2x05 The Match

Good episode with twin sisters who are in need of kidney transplants and the brother offering both kidney's to save them was amazing. Camille making the web video was nice idea but she can't do right for doing wrong

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

I liked that we got to see a more positive side of the head nurse (can't remember her name), and of the one Sarah Gilbert plays.  Both are pretty hard women, at least from what we've seen so far, but this episode showed us they were good nurses.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

The two new nurses are growing on me. And it was a good episode- they sure give the viewers a lot to think about. I like that. This show is not exactly mindless entertainment and I like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-22-2010 07:04  
Good episode with twin sisters who are in need of kidney transplants and the brother offering both kidney's to save them was amazing. Camille making the web video was nice idea but she can't do right  ...
Yes but it's something Christina would done if she didn't know better

Interesting episode today- but I must admit, when I saw Christina faint I thought she might be pregnant- and now it is Candy! But she sure did not look happy at the end. Her boyfriend with the other woman and her daughter with boyfriend, not an ideal homecoming but I still wonder why she did not go to the surgery with him. I wonder if there is more to it we do not know yet.

Forgot to add- the nurse I so hated at the beginning of the season, Gail, she's definitley growing on me.

Reply 22#22 Teachergirl's post

I was thinking the same thing - that Christina might be pregnant.  I still think it's a possibility.  We KNOW they weren't using any birth control the 1st tie they were together, so it's a definite possibility.

I think part of her reluctance to go to the surgery with Tom is because of watching her husband die.  Though Tom's injury isn't life threatening, I know many who have difficulty visiting loved ones in hospital after someone close to them has died - even those that work in the environment every day.  I really hope Tom doesn't fall for that doc.  She's nice, but there's something I don't quite trust about her - I don't know why.  Plus, it's taken Christina so long to be willing to even start opening up herself to the possibility of a new beginning, I'd hate to see things fall apart because of another woman.  If they don't work out, that's one thing, but if it's because someone new horns in, I think it would be too much for her to get over - at least for the foreseeable future.

I thought her reaction to seeing Camille was one of the most realistic I've seen on a TV show.  So many shows portray teen sex as just something to expect, but there are still a lot of parents who find it heart-breaking to see their children grow up like that.  Plus, it was one of her fears, since Camille's boyfriend is not a high school student, and obviously more experienced.  I think a lot of mothers would react like that after having the kind of day Christina had.

Gail is also starting to grow on me.  

I'm also glad they finally said why Candy came home early.  I was thinking something really bad happened, and was leaning to Ray's conclusions.  I just hope she wasn't attacked or anything, and was just being her regular "let's do all we can for the soldiers" self.

Reply 24#24 waterlilybarb's post

Wow it been ages since i read a comment like that i agree with but honestly i saw that coming few episode ago when she arrange hand surgeon look at his hands and give his professional opinion and help that was the moment i suspect she had small crush on him but i think she knows Christina is so busy to even notice and the question now is what will she do

Reply 25#25 bala's post

I've also noticed that doctor (can't think of her name ) seems to have a crush on Tom.  He hasn't been very patient with Christina, wanting to marry her even though they just got together.  I don't think he understands how hard it is for her.  She explained being in love well to Camille when she said  you're afraid to be without them, but also to be with them.  It takes courage to risk your heart, and Tom should be a bit more sensitive to the fact that it's often harder for a widow than a single or divorced person, because of the pain they've experienced with their loss.  It should be interesting to see how things play out.

I'm really liking this show, as it has an authenticity to it that many shows lack.  I hope they keep to the high standard they've set for themselves with the writing.

Great episode i loved the way Christina got called raciest because of her confusion about the language and religious barriers and it's nice to know why Candy came home early but who's the father

2x07 - Hidden Truths

Good episode.  I REALLY don't like Erin (doc moving in on Tom), and Tom is irritating too.  He really doesn't understand Christina, which is a good reason they aren't ready for marriage.  

I'm glad Christina finally talked with Camille, and what Marcus said to her was encouraging.  Being a single parent is tough, and facing the new phases of life is never easy.

I don't know why I'm forgetting everyone's name in this show - but the peds nurse was really good to go to the parents and not only apologize (which the required), but try and give them a bit of insight into how to help & support their daughter.

Reply 28#28 waterlilybarb's post

Yes this was a good episode and i agree Erin really shouldn't make a move on Tom but it takes two from what Tom said Christina about her delaying them maybe he has a right to move on. He put his card on the table but she won't put hers and Erin seem really want Tom more than Christina. It's up to her   .

Reply 29#29 bala's post

If Christina had said she wasn't interested, that would be one thing, but his proposal came out of nowhere, on a very emotional day.  Not only was it too soon in their relationship, the timing would make any woman question whether it was sincere or reactional.  Christina had already put her cards on the table (which included that she needed time), but Tom doesn't want to wait.  If he can move on that quickly, his feelings couldn't have been as deep as he said.  Just knowing Christina was jealous of Erin should have given him more of a clue how much she cares for him.  He's being selfish, which is fine for him, but I don't think there's a real future for him & Erin, so it seems like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Reply 30#30 waterlilybarb's post

I totally agree with what you wrote- too bad for him. I think he picked the wrong one.

I'm also glad that Christina finally talked with Camille, and what Marcus said in the lift was nice. Kelly revealing that shes gay was a surprise and has it ever been revealed how Bobbie lost her leg

Thread