Thread
Printable Version

10 Things I Hate About You Season 1-2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

The movie is MUCH better than the TV series, i'm a bit disapointed. I found the movie hilarious but the serie boring.

Reply 41#41 xxjujuxx's post

Yes that because story was told in 90 minutes not 12 hours

10 Things I Hate About You 1x09 Fight For Your Right

Kat and Bianca throw a house party and Kat gets drunk; Cameron...eats some "loaded" watermelon and confesses his love for Bianca but the best part is the girls think they have got away with it but their father had a hidden camera

i loved it that Kat wasn't the responsible one for once and that the story isn't exactly like the movie
does anyone know how many epi's there are gonna be?

Reply 44#44 kellemanske's post

Ten for the first season

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-26-2009 07:28  
I thought Bianca’s father measuring her hem line was funny and Cameron trying to protect Bianca from Beau failed
Cameron dance move was funny but getting patrick and kat together was smart move by Bianca force the issue

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 9-2-2009 04:53  
Kat and Bianca throw a house party and Kat gets drunk; Cameron...eats some "loaded" watermelon and confesses his love for Bianca but the best part is the girls think they have got away with it but the ...
it was funny to see Kat losing control but Cameron finally tell Bianca how he finally feel and get rejected must be hard i really felt bad for Cameron after all of that she says that . Great way to end party telling all the guest someone had crabs . The hidden camera was good I'm sure there won't do that again.   . i love the fact that father still managed out-smart them by just over-protective. .

1 more episode left i wonder what will happen

Wow this show got added just in time for final episode

Reply 48#48 bala's post

You must of known this was being added because it wasn't on your list for the month

Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Well i had suspicion that this might get added now if dark blue get added tomorrow than i will be 2 for 2

Well, I love the movie. So I wasn't really sure about the remake. First good point: the girl who plays the older sister is an actress I quite like (ie in Aliens in America). But I liked Heath Ledger better than this guy in the show. But it is ok. Not too deep and quite fun to watch.

but actually I wonder how they can make more than one season- so I am not sure the show is there to stay.

Reply 52#52 Teachergirl's post

Well i actually can give you the scoop on that

Spoilers for the Second Season

Is there more to Patrick than we've seen so far?
Right now we're deciding what pieces of Patrick's story to reveal in the next 10 episodes. We want to dole out pieces of his past that explain who Patrick is and why he's a loner. We'll learn more about his family. For example, why weren't they there during the fire? I don't want to give too much away, but we're really excited to give people an unexpected history of Patrick Verona.

The most interesting thing about Kat and Patrick is that the obstacle for them as a couple is themselves—it's not like one of them is in love with someone else. They like each other, and they can't get out of their own way to be with each other. Neither one of them is willing to compromise or meet in the middle.

What we hope to do is tell the story of an epic romance between Kat and Patrick that unfolds over the life of the show, so we're always kind of mindful of not taking things too far.

Just because you mentioned it earlier, would there ever be a third party in the Patrick and Kat relationship?

We've talked about that. I think the audience is interested in who Kat lost her virginity to, and that's something we're thinking about and wanting to explore. And then there's the idea that Patrick is so wrong for Kat on paper, so what happens when she meets the guy who's so right for her? I can't say that those two things will definitely be in the next 10 episodes, but we will explore those things over the life of the series.

Another interesting relationship on 10 Things is Mandela (Jolene Purdy) and Kat. It seems like Mandela might be in love with Kat. Will we see more of that?
All I'm going to say about that is "tune in." As an openly gay creator, it's important for me to reflect that in the show, and Mandela is the character that has the potential to do that. I've always envisioned her as heading in that direction, but that's going to be a slower evolution, over time. But people who were sensing that were not crazy.

Source

I like it that there is going to be a second season, but I'm a bit scared that the show is going to lose something. The movie was great and the series is a lot different but it might get boring and I hope that the story around Patrick and so on can keep it interesting enough to watch

Reply 54#54 kellemanske's post

Please note no confirmation about second season-these are they plans if a second season get the green light  (click on source)- missing piece

There are ideas and plans underway for the next 10 episodes, but there has been no official renewal from ABC Family. When will we hear about a pickup for more episodes of 10 Things I Hate About You?
Soon. It's in the hands of ABC Family, and we're told the decision should come shortly after Labor Day. We've delivered solid ratings for them. They've been incredibly supportive of the show, and they love it creatively. I feel really positive about it, but until we get the pickup we won't know for sure.

Reply 55#55 bala's post

yes but then still, if they aren't going to renew it, this is gonna be the end and that would be disappointing.
I hope that the green light will be there soon and that the new season is going to be great but  I hope that they make it interesting if it's going to be made

Don't Leave Me This Way

Bianca is sneaking around with Joey behind Chastity back until see spots him kissing but don't know who it is and Kat tries to stages a walkout when the school enforces a new, much stricter, security policy and dress code

Reply 57#57 codebreaker's post

Well what a way end an episode

Reply 58#58 bala's post

It was a good episode and this end makes you really want to see more.
I'm glad that the finale was a good one and I definitely hope that we'll see more of this

Well, I was sceptic about the show at first but it was entertaining and yes, I'd watch a 2nd season.

Thread