Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

oops. spoke too soon

I see carlorica has dibs on StarWars so i'll shoot for 'The Bridge' EG

Edit: Oops again, sorry Munch, ok, since Luthor and Miami Medical don't have a thread space yet, I'll pick one of those.

[ Last edited by fmkenney at 9-25-2010 13:02 ]

munch - The Bridge is all yours.

angel-87 - looking forward to your about.

fmkenney - Person's Unknown is yours for an about if you want it (saw your post in another thread).  Luthor & Miami Medical's episode guides has been done already - they're just waiting for a forum to be posted.

I don't see where carlorica has dibs on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1469#1469 sddvasquez's post

I can't get the audio player to post properly.  I think the newer forums - of which this was one after some forum changes - don't allow them to work.

About – Persons Unknown

The Program needs them  for an important experiment. Will they produce the desired outcome?

Persons Unknown is a mystery drama series that premiered in June of 2010.

About the Show:
From Academy Award-winning writer Christopher McQuarrie and executive producers Heather McQuarrie and Rémi Aubuchon comes "ersons Unknown," a one-hour mystery drama in which a group of seven strangers must come together to solve the puzzle of their lives. All of them have been taken from their everyday lives and have arrived in a deserted town with no recollection of how they got there.

The eclectic group of strangers are Charlie Morse; Janet Cooper; Joe Tucker; Bill Blackham; Moira Doherty; Sergeant Graham McNair; Tori Fairchild; Erika Taylor; Mark Renbe; and Kat Damatto. While being held hostage, the strangers are constantly watched by omnipresent "security" cameras with no idea who or what is behind them. Every attempt to leave is thwarted by unforeseen circumstances, which seem to derive from mysterious forces. At every turn, these strangers-turned-comrades are threatened physically, psychologically and emotionally. Their chance at survival is to rely on each other. But who can they trust in this vulnerable state - either behind those cameras or amongst themselves? Their decisions will have moral and ethical consequences, as alliances are forged and relationships brokered.

CAST:

Actor

Character

Jason WilesJoe Tucker
Daisy BettsJanet Cooper
Chadwick BosemanGraham McNair
Lola GlaudiniKat Damatto
Tina HolmesMoira Doherty
Kate Lang JohnsonTori Fairchild
Gerald KydMark Renbe
Sean O'BryanBill Blackham
Alan RuckCharlie Morse
Andy GreenfieldNight Manager
Kandyse McClureErika Taylor
Michael HarneySam Edick
Reggie LeeTom
Joanna LipariAngela Barragan
Alan SmythLiam Ulrich
James ReadFranklin Fairchild

Episode Guides:
Season 1

Watch it now!
If you're not a vip member and want to find out how to watch Persons Unknown on this site, please see here.

source: NBC.com & IMDb
image: photobucket 1 & 2

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 9-25-2010 22:52 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Excellent for your 1st go! I will poat 9-25-2010 19:53
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Excellent for your 1st go! I will poat 9-25-2010 19:53

Reply 1484#1484 fmkenney's post

That's looking good.  I'll tidy it up with editing, as I think you have a limit on characters & won't be able to.  The info is great.

Which episode guide have you decided on?  BTW, if you choose a show that needs more than 1 season done, please do all the seasons, but you only need to post one season & get the OK before going to the pitstop.

carlorica 1441#1441 posted dibs on Star Wars.

I'll keep hunting a missing EG, but they are looking scarce.

carnivale about the show

Into each generation is born a creature of light and a creature of darkness

Carnivale is a mystery, fantasy drama that premiered on 14 September 2003.

About the Show:
1934, America. The Dustbowl. A fugitive named Ben Hawkins finds refuge within a traveling carnival comprised of a tarot card reader and her catatonic/telekinetic mother, a blind mentalist, a bearded lady, and conjoined twins, amongst others. The carnival is owned by the mysterious and unseen Management, who has designs on the young Hawkins, for the boy is concealing an untapped gift: he can heal the lame and raise the dead--at a price. Ben also finds himself disturbed by cryptic and prophetic dreams, which he shares with a Methodist preacher in California, Brother Justin Crowe. Brother Justin, convinced by his dreams he is following God's will, has begun to practice his own extraordinary talents, although the preacher's plans increasingly lead to disturbing and tragic consequences. In this "last great age of magic," Ben Hawkins and Justin Crowe are moving toward a great conflict between Good and Evil, although it not yet clear on which sides these men will stand.

Cast:

Actor's Name

Character's Name

Clea DuVallSofie
Rob KnepperTommy Dolan
Carla GalloLibby Dreifuss
Michael J.AndersonSamson
Amy MadiganIris Crowe
Ralph WaiteReverend Norman Belthus
Nick StahlBen Hawkins
Blake ShieldsOsgood
Amanda AdayDora Mae Dreifuss
Karyne StebenAlexandria
John SavageScudder
Cynthia EttingerRita Sue Dreifuss
Toby HussFelix 'Stumpy' Dreifuss
Patrick BauchauProfessor Lodz
John FleckGecko
Clancy BrownBrother Justin Crowe
Adrienne BarbeauRuthie
Tim DeKayClayton Jones
Bryan TurkGabriel
Diane SalingerApollonia
Debra ChristoffersonLila
Sarah StebenCaladonia

Episode Guides:
Season 1
Season 2

Watch it now!
For information on VIP membership, please see here.

information sources: tv.com & IMDb
image adapted from: tvovermind

[ Last edited by angel-87 at 9-26-2010 04:27 ]

[ Last edited by angel-87 at 9-26-2010 05:59 ]

[ Last edited by angel-87 at 9-26-2010 06:01 ]

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 9-26-2010 01:14 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Thank you! Very ambitious for your 1st 9-25-2010 22:15
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Thank you! Very ambitious for your 1st 9-25-2010 22:15
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

Reply 1486#1486 fmkenney's post

You'd be doing me a favour if you did the remaining guides for Robot Chicken.  Season 1 is done, but if you post season 2 in here, I can give you the go ahead to the pitstop - if you agree to do season 3 & 4 when you can.

Weird, my post 1441 is codebreaker's about for The Pillars of the Earth.

Reply 1487#1487 angel-87's post

I need you to supply the IMDb links to the actors angel.  You wereprobably not done when I began editing - sorry - I'm a little dozy on the varnish fumes wafting up from the store below me.

my mommy won't let me watch Robot Chicken, LOL

actually I think 'missing 2009' would be a good starter entry (5 episodes). Since time is running out and I'm gettin sleepy, I will come back later and pitch in.

Reply 1490#1490 fmkenney's post

It's yours.   You more than earned it with that about.   Will you be posting it tonight or tomorrow?  I'll wait up if you're doing it now, so you can go to the pitstop.

BTW, I posted your about.  I hope you like the edits.

Reply 1456#1456 carlorica's post

Finally found your post carlorica!  Sorry about that.  Yes - they're yours, and thank you for your patience.

Episode Guide- Missing

1x01 – Episode 1 (aired Mon 16 Mar 2009)
Pauline Quirke stars in Missing, a new five-part drama for BBC Daytime, set in a busy Missing Persons Unit. Pauline plays DS Mary Jane Croft, a charismatic detective who runs the under-resourced unit.

When an autistic teenager is discovered wandering lost at the side of the road, DS MJ Croft assumes he is a missing person. However, she soon realises that it is the boy's mother who has disappeared, and becomes increasingly worried for her safety.
DC Jason Doyle and Amy Garnett deal with Jan, a young woman whose fiance has disappeared in what seem like suspiciously fraudulent circumstances. And MJ is shocked when her friend, radio DJ Danny, asks her on air about her sister, Ellen, who went missing over ten years ago.

1x02 – Episode 2 (aired Mon 16 Mar 2009)
When a sixteen-year-old girl goes missing, her parents claim it is completely out of character, and are distraught when DS MJ Croft, head of the Dover Missing Persons Unit, finds vodka in the teenager's bedroom. DC Jason Doyle, however, is suspicious that the father is abusing his daughter.
Meanwhile, Amy helps 65-year-old Stan Marsh search for his long-lost twin brother.

1x03 – Episode 3 (aired Wed 18 Mar 2009)
The team investigates when Tom Laird's wife Irene vanishes suddenly, and DS MJ Croft comes to blows with her superior, DCI Ford, when she suspects Tom of murder. MJ is not convinced when new evidence reveals another side to Irene.
Meanwhile, Amy is keen to find Martin Cadzo, who disappeared after testifying against his father in a fraud trial, and whose uncle has left him a large inheritance.

1x04 – Episode 4 (aired Thu 19 Mar 2009)
The father of a little girl goes missing, and DS Croft suspects that the younger brother is involved. As they dig deeper, they discover that a shocking secret has caused Paul Garrison to flee his family.
Meanwhile, Amy struggles to connect with a woman claiming to be searching for her missing father, and her investigation reveals that the woman has been lying and is in fact missing herself.
MJ gets disturbing news about her missing sister, Ellen.

1x05 – Episode 5 (aired Fri 20 Mar 2009)
In the concluding part of the drama, DS MJ Croft and DC Jason Doyle suspect money problems when a pregnant woman reports her boyfriend missing, and Amy's investigations into the case put her in real danger when a witness turns nasty.
Meanwhile MJ is getting closer to her missing sister Ellen, but she may not get the happy ending she was hoping for.

SOURCE

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 9-26-2010 00:58 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Thank you! head to the pitstop 9-25-2010 21:39
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Thank you! head to the pitstop 9-25-2010 21:39

Reply 1493#1493 fmkenney's post

You're good to go to the pitstop now.  Thanks for your efforts, and when you have time (or need some extra points), please feel free to help out some more.

BTW, just noticed the series has another season.  Can you post that guide too when you have the time please?

Reply 1489#1489 waterlilybarb's post

ok have added the actors links. actually didnt know i had to do that lol. first time doing anything much with discuz! code lol
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

Reply 1495#1495 angel-87's post

Excellent!  For a first timer, you did very well too.  Head to the pitstop and take a greatly earned rest.

Here's the banner for season 2 of Missing.

LINK

The link to the most up to date list is HERE.

About The Bridge

The Bridge is a drama series that premiered in March 2010.

About the Show:
"The Bridge" peels away the veneer of a big-city police force to reveal the political machinations underneath.  'The Bridge' is a police district which a includes a wealthy, upscale suburb (Rosedale) and a lower-class, crime-plagued neighborhood (St. James Town), with the two separated by a highway bridge. Frank Leo, the newly elected police union head with an angry attitude and no patience for the corruption that permeates the force, does whatever is called for to protect the beat cops in Bridge District from the brass as they do a difficult an under appreciated job.  Frank walks a thin blue line as he battles wiretaps and a concerted campaign to bring him down, letting nothing stop him from fulfilling his unwavering vow that when cops are in trouble, he will be there.

The Cast:

Aaron DouglasFrank Leo, Union Head
Paul PopowichTommy Dunn, Frank's partner
Ona GrauerAbby St. James, Prosecutor
Michael MurphyEd Wycoff, Chief of Police
Frank CassiniBernie "Rabbi" Kantor
Inga CadranelJill, detective
Theresa JoyBilly, police constable

Episode Guide:
Season 1

Watch it now!
For more information on VIP membership, please see here.

information gathered from: CTV, tv.com & IMDb
image adapted from: CTV

I AM IN THE RACE

[ Last edited by munch at 9-26-2010 16:21 ]

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 9-26-2010 19:50 ]

[ Last edited by munch at 9-26-2010 17:45 ]

[ Last edited by munch at 9-26-2010 17:46 ]

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 9-26-2010 20:50 ]

[ Last edited by munch at 9-27-2010 12:51 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Great! head to the pitstop 9-27-2010 12:54
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Great! head to the pitstop 9-27-2010 12:54
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

The Bridge - Episode Guide

Season 1, Episode 1 : Aired: 3/5/2010
Red Door
Part I of the two-hour series debut.
After the suicide of a close friend plus the investigation of two good cops, Officer Frank Leo starts to seriously question the agendas of his superiors.

Season 1, Episode 2 : Aired: 3/5/2010
Paint it Black
Part II of the two-hour series debut.
Fed up with the corruption of his superiors, Officer Frank Leo puts his money where is mouth is and steps up to become the head of the police union.

Season 1, Episode 3 : Aired: 3/12/2010
Fat Lady Sings the Blues
A retired officer is murdered in an attempt to bring about long-awaited changes.

Season 1, Episode 4 : Aired: 3/19/2010
The Unguarded Moment
Frank steps up to negotiate the release of several restaurant patrons and a wounded police officer when they are taken hostage by a pair of drug addled gunmen.

Season 1, Episode 5 : Aired: 3/26/2010
Vexation of Spirit
After two officers are investigated following a questionable shooting, Frank feels he needs to look into the incident himself when he begins to question the officers' version of events.

Season 1, Episode 6 : Aired: 4/2/2010
Damned If You Do
Frank steps in to defend two officers accused of negligence when they make the decision to race a gravely injured child to the hospital themselves rather than waiting for an ambulance.

Season 1, Episode 7 : Aired: 4/9/2010
God Bless the Child
Simultaneous kidnappings occur in both rich and poor neighborhoods, and Frank must fight the brass at all levels in order to get equal resources and attention for both cases.

Season 1, Episode 8 : Aired: 4/16/2010
Brown Sugar
Frank tries to solve the murder of an undercover cop whose cover must remain intact, even after her death.

Season 1, Episode 9 : Aired: 4/23/2010
Painted Ladies
A misleading call of "Officer Down" puts Frank on the scent of an IA investigation that warrants his attention.

Season 1, Episode 10 : Aired: 4/30/2010
Never Let Me Down Again
Frank becomes involved in an incident in which two officers were ambushed and one was left behind.

Season 1, Episode 11 : Aired: 5/7/2010
The Blame Game
After a roadside ambush kills his partner, an officer sets out to take revenge.

Season 1, Episode 12 : Aired: 5/14/2010
Voices Carry
A female officer is accused of spying on the police for a street gang.

Season 1, Episode 13 : Aired: 5/21/2010
Chain of Fools
Frank finds himself looking for unlikely allies when a group of unknown attackers target him and his friends.

For more info visit tv.com

I AM IN THE RACE

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 9-26-2010 19:54 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Thank you! the epiisode guide is done - 9-26-2010 16:55
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Thank you! the epiisode guide is done - 9-26-2010 16:55
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Thread