Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

My condolences to you Penny.  I hope your dad is doing okay.  It must be hard for him after so many years to be without your mom.  It is great they both got so many years out of their life and got to meet their great grandkids!  It is not often you find four generations of a family together.  I'm sure he will greatly enjoy the visit from you and your son.

Wow Meg, six weeks left!  Keep us updated.

And musicman, welcome to the giggle box.

I want to thank everyone for their support.  Dad has been so unhappy since mom died, I hated to see him suffering so much.  I know when dad finally passes on that he will be with my mom again and he will be happy.  I'll be OK knowing that dad isn't suffering any more.  So, everyone put a smile on your faces.  Be happy!  Talk about the happy times.   
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 1382#1382 penny3760's post

Sure, will do Penny

Meg, so where are you going on your honeymoon???

It's good to think about all the happy times - especially when your parents got to enjoy so many years of them.  My thoughts are with you, we lost my fiance's mum very recently and it was remembering those good times which made it easier to bear. Love lasts so much longer than a lifetime.

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 1-28-2008 22:58 ]
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Okay, we need to bring the mood of this giggle box back up. Like Penny said, be happy.

So, how about some tunes........

and a round of drinks, beer or soda.....

for everyone, on the giggle box (of course)!!

What do you want to hear????

I'd best have a soda - gotta be able to get up for work tomorrow!
As for the tunes, I'm loving Kanye West and Chris Martin's new song, not sure it's a good party starter though!
Maybe we should have Love Shack or Livin' on a prayer - they're songs to get everyone up!

Reply 1386#1386 meljones_83's post

I'm a country girl, so I'll put my request in for Travis Tritt's "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" and some "T-R-O-U-B-L-E".   Soft drink for me too...I'm slightly medicated.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1374#1374 penny3760's post

Penny, I am very sorry to hear about your father and the pain he (and you) have been in since the loss of your mother. I hope visiting him helped some...

I wrote my response before reading your request for happy faces, sorry!!

Wow so many country girls.  Sometimes I feel like the only one!  I just missed the biggest country music concert of South Florida, the Chili Cookoff.  It included artists such as Taylor Swift, Joe Nichols, Jewel, Big and Rich, Gretchen Wilson and more...

Well for my song request I'm going a bit old school: I can't get no satisfaction by the rolling stones

Reply 1389#1389 studiojek's post

Thank you.    When I went to see him yesterday, it did make me feel better.  He was in his wheelchair talking to the nurses.  His mind is still sharp.  He was a carpenter and a farmer all his life and  the doctors found out that he was exposed to Abestos doing one of his carpenter jobs and it ruin his lungs.

Reply 1391#1391 penny3760's post

That is awful. My husband's uncle was exposed to lead substances when he worked in a ceramics company and it caused a lot of pain later in life. It's always humbling to hear of people who take their pain or sickness in stride - I hope he continues to feel ok.

Reply 1379#1379 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you Barb

Reply 1381#1381 imarielle626's post

Thanks Arielle

Reply 1394#1394 musicman's post

Ooooow, a new face, welcome musician!!!!

As our slogan goes......

It's great to have you!!

If you don't mid a few (lot's of) girlie giggles and some craziness, you'll fit in fine!!!!

Reply 1395#1395 gypsiegirl66's post

Haha gypsy, that's great. I'm a little crazy

Crazy
By Gnarls Barkley
CodesAndLyrics.com
[ Last edited by gabsimom at 1-29-2008 21:24 ]

Reply 1396#1396 musicman's post

I want to welcome you to our happy forum!  I am probably one of oldest members here. But no matter young, old. male or female, we are one big happy family.  One of our moderators is having a contest.  It's called the Amazing Race # 2. She had one before and everyone had so much fun. Why don't you check it out and join.

Reply 1395#1395 gypsiegirl66's post

Welcome aboard Musicman. They are a "crazy" bunch in here alright & I think I might be too!!

Tina, I clicked on the thread and I was like, where is that music coming from !!

Thread