Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

anyone mind if i do White Collar episode guide

Reply 1282#1282 bala's post

It's yours.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1283#1283 spratt89's post

Thanks Adam.

White Collar Season 1 Guide

1. Pilot
FBI Agent Peter Burke takes an unconventional route in tracking down a ruthless and devious outlaw named "Dutchman". In order to catch the counterfeiter, he employs the help of incarcerated con man, Neal Caffrey.

2. Threads
The city of New York is buzzing with activity during Fashion Week while Burke and Caffrey tries to prevent an international criminal from selling sensitive data contained in a state-of-the-art technology woven into one of the runway dresses.

3. Book of Hours
The FBI assigns Caffrey and Burke to retrieve a valuable Bible for a mobster after someone stole it from him. While on the case, Caffrey meets a dangerous woman that puts his loyalties to the test.

4. Flip of the Coin
Burke and Caffrey's search for smuggled Iraqi artifacts leads them to suspect a US soldier. They soon learn that a news producer assigned in the territory might be involved.

5. The Portrait
The FBI assigns Caffrey and Burke on a sting operation to retrieve a stolen portrait. Neal tries to trace where the piece is from as they get close to identifying the felon.

6. All In
Numerous challenges await Caffrey and Burke as they work a case in Chinatown. They stumble into a world of organized crime, deal with unscrupulous Interpol agents, and engage in a game of Pai Gow.

7. Free Fall
An elaborate jewellery robbery goes down and the FBI suspects Caffrey of orchestrating the heist. Burke finds himself in a difficult position as he determines whether or not Caffrey is involved.

8. Hard Sell
In order to keep his deal with the FBI, Neal has to infiltrate a company of corrupt Wall Street brokers.

9. Bad Judgment
Neal and Peter are offered a chance to take down Fowler when they discover a connection between him and an estate judge who is committing mortgage fraud.

10. Vital Signs
When June is approached by a charitable organization that offers to help her granddaughter who needs a new kidney, Neal looks into it and discovers illegal trafficking in organs. With Peter, he tries to find a way to expose the ringleader.

11. Home Invasion
To avoid an international conflict, Peter and Neal have to find a thief who is stealing pieces to a valuable collection.

12. Bottlenecked
An old rival dares Neal to make a fake copy of a bottle of wine originally owned by Ben Franklin.

13. Front Man
Agent Kimberly Rice asks for Neal's help in a kidnapping case because of his connection to the suspect Ryan Wilkes, but Wilkes lures Neal right into a trap.

14. Out of the Box
Neal and Alex try to get their hands on the music box while Peter seeks for help to get finally rid of Fowler.

SOURCE
IMAGE SOURCE
Recent Ratings

About Life on Mars (us)

"Back in the nick of time"

Life on Mars (us) is a tv series that aired from October 9, 2008 to April 1, 2009.

About the Show:
Adapted from the hit BBC show of the same name, Life on Mars is a drama, comedy and sci-fi fantasy series that follows the life of modern day detective Sam Tyler (Jason O'Mara), who wakes up after a car crash in which his life was nearly taken and finds that he has been transported to the year 1973. There, Sam must work as a detective, but struggles to do so without his 21st century technology. To make things more complicated, his boss Gene Hunt (Harvey Keitel) never hesitates to bend the rules to suit his needs.
Life on Mars (us) is a remake of Life on Mars (uk). Request Life on Mars (uk) in the New Show Suggestions Thread.
Ashes to Ashes is a sequel to Life on Mars (uk) which takes place during the 1980's. Watch Ashes to Ashes on viptv.

Main Cast and Characters:

Cast

Characters

Jason O'MaraDetective Sam Tyler
Gretchen MolAnnie Norris
Harvey KeitelLieutenant Gene Hunt
Michael ImperioliDetective Ray Carling

Episode Guides:
Season 1

Source: tv.com, IMDb, wikipedia & tvrage.

Watch it now!
For information on VIP membership, please see here.
Discuss The Show here.

Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Great job - I love the edits. :) I'll p 5-24-2010 12:14
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Great job - I love the edits. :) I'll p 5-24-2010 12:14

Reply 1286#1286 serena75's post

I forgot that i requested to do the about for Life on Mars. Here it is

Can I do the about and episode guide for John Adams?

yes go ahead also is there a longer about the show for life on mars? perhaps tv.com or wiki will have a better one? and  try and center the banner.

Reply 1289#1289 gabsimom's post

Ok, thanks What do you think about the changes I made? Let me know if you want me to change something else.

UPDATED LIST

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.
If you'd like to try some, please post that in this thread as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
Boy Meets Girl, Breaking Bad, Carnivale, Desperate Romantics, Easy Money, H2O: Just Add Water, Happy Town, Hope Springs, In Plain Sight, John Adams, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Life Unexpected, Missing 2009, Moving Wallpaper, Nip/Tuck, Personal Affairs, Popular, Raising the Bar, Sons of Anarchy, Sophie, Southland, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, The Beast, The Bridge (only about needs done), The Cleaner, The Philanthropist, The Sarah Jane Adventures, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Starter Wife, The Forgotten, The Pacific, Treme, V, Valentine, Whistler

Action Adventure:
Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
About A Girl, Cupid, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Eastbound & Down, Hannah Montana, Hiccups, Hung, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Joey, Kath & Kim, Parks & Recreation, Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, Party Down, Privileged, Reno 911!, Roommates, Ross Noble's Australian Trip, Surviving Suburbia, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, The Loop, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, The Universe

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
30 Days, American Idol, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, LA Ink, Last Chance to See, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Survivor, The Hills, The Universe, Time Warp

Animation:
Ugly Americans

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Returning (or cancelled) shows that are being cared for already:
Army Wives, Cold Case, Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order CI, Legend of the Seeker, The Mentalist, Scrubs, Two & A Half Men, NCIS, Bones, Criminal Minds, 30 Rock, Chuck, Greek, Castle, How I Met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Bleach, Lie to Me, CSI, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Merlin, Sons of Anarchy, Dollhouse, Smallville, In Plain Sight, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, Nip/Tuck, (and most shows w/ moderators - can't think of them all now)

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  Any highlighted in magenta have both about & guide spoken for.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, 5 for each episode guide plus 2 treasures apiece.  There is a new rule that the guides & abouts must now be posted in their forums by a moderator or super moderator - thus the addition of treasures being awarded.

NOTE: Please let me know if I have mislabeled or missed any shows.  Many just need "Abouts", while some need both.  I will recheck my list later this week to make sure it is up to date, and will make an effort to keep it more current from here on out.  Thanks so much for your help & cooperation.

Reply 1291#1291 waterlilybarb's post

10 things i hate about you season 2 Guide - i already done season 1 guide last year

Reply 1292#1292 bala's post

It's on the list because it still needs an "about the show".

Reply 1293#1293 waterlilybarb's post

oh so can i do that ?

10 things i hate about unless anyone else want it?

Reply 1294#1294 bala's post

You are welcome to it.

Reply 1295#1295 waterlilybarb's post

Now that  summer season will start i will more time to do these.

About 10 Things I Hate About You

The Plot:
From Gil Junger, the director of the smash hit film 10 Things I Hate About You comes the second modern reinvention of the Shakespearean play The Taming of the Shrew . The comedy revolves around two different sisters who experience romantic turbulence at their high school. Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide's Lindsey Shaw and Camp Rock 's Meaghan Jette Martin play the lead roles in the ABC comedy as Katarina and Bianca Stratford, a nonconforming feminist and a valley girl. Sky High's Nicholas Braun, The War at Home's Kyle Kaplan and Ethan Peck are the reinvented characters in the series. Their characters are Cameron the love smitten classmate, Michael the audio visual geek and Patrick a dark and mysterious student.

The Cast:
Actor’s NameCharacter’s Name
Lindsey ShawKat Stratford
Meagan-Jette-MartinBianca Stratford
Larry MillerWalter Stratford
Ethan PeckPatrick Verona
Nicholas BraunCameron James

Episode Guide
Season 1
Season 2

Watch It Here
To learn more about how to be come a VIP member, please see here.

SOURCE
IMAGE SOURCE

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-6-2010 16:27 ]
Recent Ratings

10 Things I Hate About You Season 2 Guide

1.Da Repercussions
Kat and Patrick get suspended for skipping school. Kat then is devastated to know that the suspension might ruin her GPA, potentially destroying her dream of getting into a prestigious college. Meanwhile, Bianca has her own problem when her secret kiss with Joey was caught on video. Will Chastity watch the video before Bianca has the chance to destroy the evidence?

2. Don't Trust Me
Kat invites Patrick for dinner. Chastity tells her friends that Bianca was the one that kissed Joey. Cameron earns the moniker "Mr. Dependable".

3. Great Expectations
Joey prepares a romantic dinner for Bianca, while Patrick teaches Kat about dining and dashing. Meanwhile Chastity, its dateless and goes undercover to the movies but runs into Cameron. And Walter briefs both Patrick and Joey on childbirth to try to discourage them from "overly" romantic gestures.

4. Meat is Murder
Kat tries to institute Meatless Mondays to change the world for the better. She is joined by Blank a british handsome guy and Patrick is jealous. Meanwhile, Bianca is determined to find Cameron a girlfriend but Cameron is finding hard to just be friends with Bianca. Walter decides to start dating again and joins an online dating service.

5. The Winner Takes It All
Bianca, tries to take Padua Hight's talent show until Chastity steals her song. Then right before going on stage, Chastity has tecnical difficulties and her mom tells her to drop out of the show. Will Chastity perform or will Bianca win the talent show and the grand prize of a walk-on role on "Make It or Break It"? Meanwhile, Cameron performs a magic act with a stage-struck Kat at his side.

6. Too Much Information
Patrick starts to act more mysterious than usual and Kat thinks he has done something bad, while Joey wants to be in "The Next Biggest Poser" a male modeling reality TV show. Kat then spies on Patrick with the help of Cameron.

7. Just One Kiss
It's movie night at Padua High, and Bianca sets Cameron up on a date with Dawn so that they can double date with her and Joey. Meanwhile Kat is upset that Patrick told her she can date anyone she likes, so she decides to accept Blank's date night invitation. Patrick doesn't deal well with seeing Kat with the other guy, while Walter hits it off with the school counselor, and romance ensues.

8. Changes
Kat and Patrick make a major relationship decision. Walter asks the school counselor, Mrs. Tharpe out on a date, and Cameron's best friend Michael, comes out of the closet. Meanwhile, Bianca plans a fancy dinner party at home for her friends, and Joey gets a callback from "Biggest Poser"

9. Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Kat and Bianca try to deal with the fact that Walter is dating their school counselor. Also, to try and get over Patrick, Kat resolves to go to Nepal and study abroad. Not only does Bianca have to deal with her father dating her counselor, she also misses Joey while he is sequestered for the "Biggest Poser" competition. Meanwhile, Cameron tries his hand at writing a love poem.

10. Revolution (Series Final)
Chastity decides to make Bianca vice head cheerleader, but to hide this fact from Michelle and the other girls, they and Dawn stage a fake fight at the cheerleaders' annual car wash. However the plan backfires when Michelle dethrones Chastity as head cheerleader. Bianca and Dawn feel guilty and so quit the cheerleading squad as Michelle wont reinstate Chastity. However Chastity then reveals that she is moving to another school to be head cheerleader there, and so they quit the squad for nothing. Meanwhile Kat runs for class president against Blank. Cameron helps her make a campaign video, but one of her campaign managers is working for Blank and switches her video at the last minute casuing the other students to hate Kat because she called them "idiots". Kat is left feeling very upset and sees that her car has been vandalized. However then she sees that Patrick is holding a sign that says he voted for her in the election, even though he had previously said that he never voted in the student elections. He gives her a hug and a ride home. Bianca and Dawn watch The Biggest Poser with Cameron, where they see a female model kissing Joey. Kat and Bianca's dad returns home early from his work conference and goes upstairs to comfort Kat, only to find Patrick and Kat in bed together.

SOURCES: tv.com, tv.yahoo.com & wikipedia
Recent Ratings

Here are one i am planning to do this Summer

Episode Guides
  • Hannah Montana Season 1-3
  • Desperate Romantics
  • Hope Springs
  • Moving Wallpaper
  • Breaking Bad
  • Army Wives season 4
  • Legend of the Seeker season 2
  • Cold Case season 6 & 7
  • In Plain Sight season 3

[ Last edited by bala at 6-6-2010 13:59 ]

I updated the list above to reflect these additions, and to remove what has been posted alreday.  I'll wait until we move to a new page to repost it. ~ Barb

Treme Season 1 Guide

1. Do You Know What It Means
    A New Orleans neighborhood celebrates its first second-line “parade” since Katrina, reuniting many of its musicians and residents, though many more have yet to return.

2. Meet De Boys on the Battlefront
    Albert takes the law into his own hands. LaDonna gets news about her missing brother.

3. Right Place, Wrong Time
    Albert makes a shocking discovery. Davis barters freedom for piano lessons. Antoine hits rock bottom. Annie gets a birthday gig.

4. At The Foot of Canal Street
    Antoine heads to Baton Rouge for a holiday visit with his sons. LaDonna and Toni probe a case of mistaken identity in New Orleans. Sonny takes a gig in Texas, leaving Annie behind. Albert accepts a dinner invitation from Darius’ aunt Lula. Delmond considers a tour offer. Davis and Creighton decide to take their angst to the masses. Albert’s Indians bury their Wild Man.

5. Shame, Shame, Shame
    Albert presses a councilman Ron Singleton to reopen housing projects. Davis enlists some top local musicians to cut a campaign CD. Janette cooks for four celebrity chefs. Annie fails to embrace Sonny’s house guest. New Orleans celebrates the return of displaced residents with a second-line parade.

6. Shallow Water, Oh Mama
    Toni tracks down a former cop in search of clues about Daymo. Davis raises his profile on the streets and on TV. Janette considers suspending operations at the restaurant. Albert vents about the lack of tribe lodging. Sonny crosses a line with Annie.

7. Smoke My Peace Pipe
    A judge’s ultimatum gives hope to LaDonna and Toni. Albert makes a stand and pays the price. Antoine gets an airport gig but loses a mentor. Davis scores a get-out-of-jail pass. Janette takes her cooking skills on the road. Annie auditions for a Cajun gig.

8. All on a Mardi Gras Day
    TBA

SOURCE
    Recent Ratings

Desperate Romantics Guide

Episode 1
    Some artists want lasting fame. Some want money. Others want sex. The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood want all of it. These ambitious young men - the darkly handsome Dante Gabriel Rossetti, the brilliant and conflicted William Holman Hunt, and the preternaturally talented John Millais - are out to rock the art world with a style of painting that is, according to them, more true, real and heartfelt than anything seen for 300 years.

Unfortunately, the art world isn't much interested in a bunch of young iconoclasts raging against the 'Establishment' of the Royal Academy - particularly when one of that set, the shamelessly arrogant Rossetti, has yet to learn to paint.

The boys need to step up a gear, and so they set out to find a muse to inspire their best work yet. Cue Fred Walters - an aspiring young journo and longtime fan of the boys. Fred spots the dazzling and radiant redhead, Lizzie Siddal, at the back of a hatshop, and introduces her to the boys. They are thoroughly bewitched by Lizzie and before long are squabbling over who'll get to paint her first (and fall in love with her too, of course)

Episode 2
    With the help of their new friend, journalist Fred Walters, they have caught the attention of the pre-eminent art critic of the day, John Ruskin, and they now have to persuade Ruskin to buy their work. The prodigious and impossibly talented John Millais sets about rustling up a masterpiece to show Ruskin. The work is Ophelia, and he chooses Lizzie Siddal to sit for it. Rossetti, who is convinced that he is nothing without Lizzie as his muse, is furious with Millais for taking her from under his nose.

Everything in the Brothers' world comes crashing to a halt when Lizzie falls unconscious with pneumonia while posing as Ophelia in a bath of cold water. Millais, distracted by thoughts of Effie, Ruskin's beautiful young wife, had failed to notice Lizzie sinking into a decline. As Lizzie's life hangs in the balance, so does Millais' masterpiece and thereby the Brotherhood's most promising chance of gaining recognition. However, Rossetti no longer cares about the future of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood as he contemplates a future without the woman he loves.

Episode 3
    The youngest and most talented member of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, John Millais, delights in having landed the influential John Ruskin as his new patron. His friends and fellow artists, Hunt and Rossetti, watch on in bitter envy as Millais begins his rise to fame and fortune.

However, before long Millais realises that Ruskin's patronage comes at a price. Ruskin insists on Millais painting his beautiful, young wife Effie who, it is plain to see, is far from happy. She confesses to Millais that after five years of marriage she is still a virgin. Ruskin cannot or will not lay a finger on her. Effie explains to Millais that he is just another in a long line of men that Ruskin has attempted to lay in her path in order to stop her raising the issue of sex. Horrified, Millais realises what is expected of him: in return for Ruskin's patronage, he is to sleep with his wife.

True to form, Rossetti immediately seizes on the benefits of his friend's predicament. Millais has a rich and influential patron married to a beautiful, young woman who he wants Millais to sleep with as and when he pleases. Where lies the problem in that?

Episode 4
    While Hunt is far away in the Holy Land, Fred sets out to fulfil his promise to look after Annie and prevent her from getting up to mischief. But Annie proves too hot to handle: before Fred knows what's what, she has seduced him. Hunt returns from the Holy Land none the wiser and is in fact so taken with Annie's improved deportment and education under Fred's care that he asks her to marry him.

Rossetti, meanwhile, receives an encouraging visit from Ruskin who, with Millais no longer on his books, is looking for a new protege. Rossetti is so excited by the prospect of Ruskin's patronage that he finally pops the question to Lizzie, who is as delighted with his proposal as Annie is with Hunt's.

Episode 5
    Rossetti and Lizzie revel in their new-found status and wealth, acquired courtesy of Ruskin's generous patronage. Swept up in a whirlwind of late-night partying and debauchery, they forget about their art, including the commissions they've promised to complete.

Ruskin is less than impressed. He threatens to end his support unless they calm down and focus. He instructs Lizzie to report to his house every day, in order to paint in his studio. He also instructs her, to Rossetti's annoyance, to stay at her parents' house each night, in order to avoid further temptation to stray from her art. Lizzie responds swiftly and obediently to Ruskin's orders, leaving a disgruntled Rossetti to get back to the church mural he's been commissioned to paint.

Rossetti, as usual, struggles to knuckle down and instead goes out on the town again, commencing a raunchy affair with the street girl Fanny Cornforth. Fanny's beauty, unlike Lizzie's, is large, fleshy and voluptuous, and it inspires in Rossetti a new, richer and more sensual style of painting. Indeed, Fanny's unbridled hedonism, as opposed to Lizzie's tendency towards neurosis, inspires in Rossetti a new lease of life. He receives further creative succour from his new young students, William Morris and Ned Burne-Jones, who offer their unadulterated worship and also their much-needed assistance with the dreaded church mural.

Episode 6
    Rossetti and Lizzie return from their honeymoon ready to settle into conventional married life. However, when Millais proposes the idea of an artistic colony for the Brotherhood and their wives, Rossetti is immediately attracted by the bohemian notion of group living. Lizzie, on the other hand, can't bear to think of Rossetti living under the same roof as other women. Unfortunately for her, it doesn't take an artistic colony for Rossetti's eye to wander, and within days of their return he starts up an affair with William Morris's wife, Jane Burden. When Ruskin also forsakes Lizzie, withdrawing his support for her art now that she is a married woman, it begins to look as if laudanum has become her only remaining refuge.

Hunt sets out to win back Annie Miller, hoping to persuade her to move into the colony with him. He sends Fred to deliver his latest offer of marriage. Annie, unsurprisingly, has had enough of Hunt's indecision and tells Fred that she has no intention of accepting Hunt's proposal. Fred sees this as the perfect moment to seize his own chance of happiness, and he proposes to her himself. Annie bursts out laughing at the idea of marriage to Fred. Humiliated, Fred vows to himself to protect no one's feelings in future, and to always tell the truth, no matter how brutal. However, when he chooses the fragile Lizzie as a recipient of one of his home truths, little can he imagine the devastating consequences.

SOURCE
    Recent Ratings

Thread