Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 171#171 bala's post

It didn't seem very likely, I know from experience how much paperwork you need to take care of first in Europe! =)

I DO NOT like Nate and Blair together at all, I really thought Nate and Vanessa made a great couple. I agree with you Kim that Nate acted like a jerk and was all focused on money and not on V, and he was hypocritical.

I think Blair and Chuck will end up getting together while she's still with Nate.

Reply 173#173 studiojek's post

yeah well i think they will end together i also don't like blair with nate but i thought they broke up when he found out blair working with his uncle to make go a diffrent university?

Reply 174#174 bala's post

Blair and Nate made up after Nate went to see Chuck and Nate told him that Blair is being Blair and she hasn't changed but Chuck convinced him that Nate can't change her but Blair has changed because she could'v e had Chuck but she didn't.

I don't think Chuck and Blair make a good couple, I think they are too alike. They both have a savior complex. I think they are attracted to each other only because they are so alike. I think Chuck would actually be a great match to Serena although I know they aren't attracted to each other right now but who knows maybe in a different season? Once Serena hooks up with Chuck maybe then Blair will want Chuck again?

2x23 "The Wrath of Con"

Well well well, this is an instruction guide in how to get things really wrong!! Here we go again with the Rufus and Lily dance, not sure I can take much more of this. I thought that was so out of character for Lily. Didn't sit well with me so.

And the same dance with Chuck and Blair. Chuck lied to her because he believes he can never make her happy. I'm sure this won't be the end of things!

What has Blair done? She's unleashed the biatch in Georgie. I love her line "Tell Jesus the B*tch is back" - Lol.

2 more until the finale!!

Reply 176#176 shinny's post

Well i think this show rufus what lilly was really like and it was a good episode and i think chuck made the right decision he knows he's not good for her so he did what she asked and let her go. i understand it. . Still i like it she might be only take poppy down .

Reply 177#177 bala's post

I'm not too sure if this is who Lily is really like, it was really out of character. Poppy is way out of Serena and the others league, Poppy is a crook, Lily knows that and maybe wanted to really protect Serena and the quickest surest way was to get her arrested.

She took care of her daughter. Serena could have been charged with fraud etc.
It's drastic but maybe these measures like getting your child arrested is  the only kind of things that works on these kids. I'm sure Rufus can't understand and can't believe Lily got her daughter arrested, but Lily grew up in the same environment as Serena and her friends  so she knows what works and what doesn't.

Reply 178#178 writemako's post

i suppose your right to some extent both are from different backgrounds.

Valley girl

So this was back-door pilot to gossip girl spin off Valley girl i have to say it's wasn't bad i just  didn't like the 80's flash back but the acting wasn't bad i like actress that plays Lilly it nice softer side ot Lilly when she was younger.  it was nice no doubt back in action .

Chuck is such a sweetie, he always makes me want to shake him so that he stops acting like an idiot and does something about his feelings for Blaire instead of thinking that he can't make her happy.

So now bascially almost all the characters are not in a relationship. I wonder who their next love interest is going to be.

This Dan and Serena limbo has to stop. It feels like the writers dug a hole for themselves and just can't get out.

Chuck is such a...softy. I can't believe I'm saying this about Chuck Bass. I agree, he needs to get over his self-loathing and just confess his feelings to Blair.

Where is Georgina?!? You can't leave a storyline with "The bitch is back," and then not address it!

The Lily flashbacks were interesting, but as a series...I'm not convinced.

Reply 182#182 funny-girl101's post

I'm sure she will be back very soon

Episode 25 The Goodbye Gossip Girl

Good episode with Serena trying to take down Gossip Girl only for her / him to bite back and it looks like Blair is going to have a surprise room mate Georgina next season. Chuck at last managed to say the 3 magic words to Blair ( i love you)

Reply 184#184 codebreaker's post

nice summary do you think we will ever see/meet gossip girl ?

by the way you missed out one thing in above comment look like Dan meet his half brother and didn't even know it

That was a cute season finale. I'm so happy for Chuck.

Reply 186#186 writemako's post

it's about time don't you think blair really know how to get him

Loved the ending with Blair and Chuck, sweet.

Georgie is obviously going to be a problem next season.

Gossip Girl is coming to college....haha, I guess that had to happen or there would be no show.

Dan chit chatting to his half brother and didn't even know. Next season will be interesting.

Missing it already though !!

So in the last season finale there was a mention of Serena's Dad. What's this all about?  I don't remember anything about it - could someone shed me a light- is her biological dad missing or something?

Reply 189#189 writemako's post

I don't know but it look like her father left them with Lilly and walked out and for number of years she been looking for him would be my guess.

Thanks Bala. I wasn't sure if any of the episodes mentioned about her bio dad.

I kind of can't remember clearly but in the scene where the young Lily is at the party with her sister and her boyfriend, wasn't there a guy who's last name was Van der woodsen? Is that guy supposively Serena's dad that Lily marries?

Thread