Thread
Printable Version

TV Show News & Ratings

Endangered series

Here’s a breakdown of what’s working, what’s not, and what’s on the bubble.

Monday

* Chuck

NBC is the land of the critically acclaimed but low-rated show. Its lineup includes series you haven’t watched in years, such as “Chuck.” What to do? Executives refused to cancel it, but now that the show is logging another year of low ratings, it might be time to let the show go quietly into that good night. Definitely on the bubble.

ABC
“Detroit 1-8-7” seems doomed.

* The Cape

The season finale airs on Feb. 28, a sure sign that this midseason replacement is not long for this world. “The Cape” has been a disappointment and will be replaced by the return of “The Event” on March 7, the show’s last chance to prove itself worthy.

* Lie to Me

The Tim Roth crime procedural has been one of those series that has always come in off the bench for Fox , but it is expected to join “Running Wilde,” “Good Guys” and “Lone Star” in the cancellation pile.

Tuesday

* No Ordinary Family

This was the series that was supposed to endear Michael Chiklis to America again after the relentless bad behavior he displayed as Vic Mackey on “The Shield.” The show has an attractive cast, including Chiklis’ co-star Julie Benz (“Dexter”) but the series turned in its lowest ratings of the season in its last outing and is being termed “creatively uneven,” according to one source. That’s industry speak for “dead in the water.”

“What ABC needs to do is get new shows,” says Brad Adgate, senior vice president, director of research for Horizon Media. “Their two tentpole shows, such as ‘Desperate Housewives’ and ‘Grey’s Anatomy,’ are still doing very respectable numbers and will be back next season, but they really need to get some suitable replacements. They didn’t do it this season.”

* Detroit 1-8-7

On this most endangered list is “Detroit 1-8-7,” another low point for “Sopranos” alum Michael Imperioli after “Life on Mars.” The police drama, which co-stars James McDaniel of “NYPD Blue” fame and is set in the bleak Motor City, debuted against CBS’ “The Good Wife” in the increasingly tough 10 p.m. time slot, but didn’t draw viewers.

The task of finding ABC’s next big scripted hit — and it’s not the “Off the Map” — rests on the shoulders of ABC’s new entertainment president, Paul Lee, who moved over to the network from ABC Family last summer.

The network is currently developing new properties from Shonda Rhimes (“Grey’s Anatomy”) and Marc Cherry (“Desperate Housewives”) but final scheduling decisions won’t be announced until the spring.

* Parenthood

While the show has been a mediocre ratings performer, it is so creatively good that NBC hopes it will continue to win new fans. But this one is on the bubble. NBC, just acquired by Comcast, is a wild card. Showtime’s buzz-maker, Robert Greenblatt, is taking over as entertainment chief, and most expect to see a lot of executive shuffling at the network over the next few months. He can’t do it all at once, so much of the schedule may remain intact while he gets operations up and running.

WEDNESDAY

* Human Target

The midseason drama starring Mark Valley was never a strong performer and made some changes in its returning season, but the show has been on Monday,s Wednesdays and Fridays, signaling that Fox will stick it anywhere — not a vote of confidence.

THURSDAY

* %$#@ My Dad Says

No network is more solid than CBS. Even its weakest shows would be considered viable on another network. Still, every Garden of Eden has its snake.

“When you look at the numbers, ‘%$#@ My Dad Says’ is doing fine,” says Adgate, “but when you compare it to its lead-in, ‘The Big Bang Theory,’ it’s not. It’s also in a very difficult time period, but it should be performing better to be a slam-dunk for renewal.”

* Perfect Couples

This imperfect “Friends” copy, starring Olivia Munn, hasn’t done well and would seem to be on the way out. NBC’s lowest-rated comedy.

* Outsourced

The controversial comedy about Indian workers at a call-in center was never anyone’s favorite show.

FRIDAY

* The Defenders

The writing was on the wall for “The Defenders,” starring Jim Belushi and Jerry O’Connell, when CBS schedulers swapped it with “Blue Bloods,” moving the Tom Selleck drama to Wednesdays at 10 p.m. for a month, and “Defenders” to Fridays, TV’s death trap.

“That’s a good indication that they think ‘Blue Bloods’ has more promise than ‘Defenders,’ ” says Adgate. And it looks like the suits were right: “Blue Bloods” hit a series high on Feb. 9.

Source

I think that Lie to me should continue or at least get a good ending.
The other shows, they are kind of right with those. An Human Target was one of my shows, but it has become a bit boring and not very original lately. + the center on the personal lives of the characters doesn't look so good for this show... I don't know, I haven't enjoyed this season that much.
Chuck: well I've kind of stopped watching that this season. Although I didn't watch every episode of the previous seasons, I was kind of tired of it. I didn't like that more people know and get involved and all that. I loved the excuses and the lies and all... But I didn't like the shift of attention.

Ashley Judd To Star In ABC Series 'Missing

In her first regular TV series gig, Ashley Judd is close to a deal to topline ABC's action series Missing (aka Safe aka Hall of Mirrors). The project, from feature writer Greg Poirier and Grant Scharbo and Gina Matthews, was once slated for summer but now eyes a fall launch, with early September as a possibility. Missing centers on Becca Winstone (Judd), a devoted single mom who, after her 18-year-old son disappears in Italy where he'd been working on architecture fellowship, takes it upon herself to travel to Europe and track him down. It soon becomes clear that Winstone is a former CIA agent who will stop at nothing to bring her son home alive. Steve Shill, who won an Emmy in August for his directing work on Dexter, is on board to direct multiple episodes of the series, including the opener. He will also executive produce with Poirier, Scharbo and Matthews. Production is scheduled to begin late next month in Rome, Vienna and Prague. Missing, from ABC Studios and Matthews and Scharbo's Little Engine Prods., was put on fast-track development in early fall with an order for 3-5 backup scripts. WME-repped Judd next stars in the Warner Bros. film Dolphin Tale. Her memoir All That is Bitter & Sweet is being released on April 5. Her only series gig until now was a recurring role on Sisters

Source

Jason Isaacs To Star In NBC Pilot 'REM'

EXCLUSIVE: One of the hottest actors this pilot season, Jason Isaacs, is off the market. After fielding more than half-dozen offers, Isaacs has settled on the lead role in NBC's drama pilot REM, from Lone Star creator Kyle Killen and 20th Century Fox TV.  In addition to starring, Isaacs will serve as producer on the project, described as an Inception-style thriller. It centers on a cop (Isaacs) who wakes up after an accident to find he is living in two different realities. The casting of Isaacs lifts the contingency on the pilot, exec produced/run by  former 24 showrunner Howard Gordon. 20th TV-based Tim Minear serves as a consulting producer.

REM brings Brit Isaacs back to 20th TV where he starred in the drama pilot for Fox Pleading Guilty last season. Additionally, he developing and producing a drama project at 20th TV's cable division Fox 21. Safe, set up at FX, is being written by Chris Gerolmo.

Brotherhood star Isaacs had been in demand since the Showtime drama ended in 2008. He was first pursued in the 2009 pilot season but was unavailable because of commitments to the Harry Potter movies, in which he plays Lucius Malfoy. Last pilot season, he received eight offers and went with Pleading Guilty. Isaacs, repped by Gersh, the Collective, U.K.'s Independent Talent and attorney Karl Austen, will next be seen in the final Harry Potter movie and the Taylor Lautner starrer Abduction.

Source

Sunday 20th February

7:30PM
Show NameTotal Viewers

American Dad4.27 Million

8:00PM
Show NameTotal Viewers

The Simpsons6.35 Million

8:30PM
Show NameTotal Viewers

Bob's Burgers4.87 Million

9:00PM
Show NameTotal Viewers

Desperate Housewives10.48 Million

Family Guy6.56 Million

Big LoveN/A

CalifornicationN/A

9:30PM
Show NameTotal Viewers

The Cleveland Show5.42 Million

EpisodesN/A

10:00PM
Show NameTotal Viewers

CSI Miami10.47 Million

Brothers & Sisters6.94 Million

Oleynik teases 'Hawaii Five-0' role

Larisa Oleynik has revealed more details about her upcoming role on Hawaii Five-0.

It was announced last month that the 10 Things I Hate About You star will play ex-CIA analyst Jenna Kaye in multiple episodes, with an option to become a series regular in a potential second season.

Discussing Kaye's hunt for her fiancé's killer Wo Fat (Mark Dacascos), Olyenik told TV Guide: "She's left everything she knows and has nothing to lose. She thinks she's going at it alone, until she meets McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin)."

The actress added that she will not discover if she is being hired as a series regular until after the entire first season has aired.

"They'll let me know by June 30," she explained. "One of the reasons for bringing me in is the four [main actors] are being worked non-stop. And maybe to add more female energy."

Source

Minnie Driver To Star In CBS Private Eye Drama Pilot, Alan Tudyk Joins ABC Comedy

Minnie Driver is returning to series television as star of CBS' drama pilot Hail Mary. The project, created by Jeff Wadlow and executive produced by Ilene Chaiken, is a buddy P.I. show set in Atlanta that focuses on a suburban single mom (Driver) who teams up with a streetwise hustler to solve crimes.  In addition to Hail Mary, Driver was also pursued for the NBC pilot Free Agents this season. This was one of 2 offers for On American TV, British-born Driver, repped by CAA and Untitled, previously starred on FX's The Riches and recurred on NBC's Will & Grace. She was most recently seen in Conviction. ?

Alan Tudyk has been cast in ABC's comedy pilot Suburgatory. The project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer-exec producer Emily Kapnek, centers on Tessa (Jane Levy), a teenage girl who is moved by her dad George from Manhattan, where she grew up, to her version of hell: the suburbs. Tudyk will play George's old college buddy who has been living in the suburbs for years. Tudyk, repped by Gersh and Coronel Co., was approached for multiple pilots. He will next be seen in Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Source

It's Official: Kiefer Sutherland To Star In Fox's Drama Pilot 'Touch

Kiefer Sutherland is ready for a primetime return. The 24 star has closed a deal to star in the Fox drama pilot Touch, from Heroes creator Tim Kring.  In addition to Fox, Touch reunites Sutherland with 20th Century Fox TV. Co-produced by Chernin Entertainment, Touch centers on a father (Sutherland) who discovers that his autistic, mute son can predict events before they happen. Because of Sutherland's duties on Broadway where he currently stars in a revival of the Jason Miller's That Championship Season, Touch is expected start production in late May-early June after Sutherland fulfills his commitment to the play, which opened earlier this month. Kring wrote the project, his first pilot script since Heroes. Charles McDougall, who has helmed the pilots for ABC's Desperate Housewives, ABC's The Good Wife and, most recently, Fox's The Chicago Code, is in talks to direct.

Sutherland, repped by CAA and Management 360, spent eight seasons on 24 playing CTU agent Jack Bauer. It became his signature role and earned him an Emmy Award in 2006.

Source

Monday 21st February

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

House

10.39 Million

3.5/9

How I Met Your Mother

9.44 Million

3.5/10

Chuck

5.51 Million

1.7/4

Pretty Little Liars

2.89 Million

1.0/3

1.50 Million

0.7/2

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Mad Love

8.02 Million

2.8/7

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

The Chicago Code

7.98 Million

2.1/5

The Cape

4.13 Million

1.2/3

Gossip Girl

1.59 Million

0.8/2

Being Human

1.39 Million

0.5/1

Greek

0.853 Million

0.4/1

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Mike & Molly

11.29 Million

3.2/8

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Hawaii Five-O

10.25 Million

2.8/8

Castle

9.02 Million

2.6/7

Harry's Law

8.67 Million

1.7/5

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 2-27-2011 21:22 ]

Silas Weir Mitchell Joins NBC's 'Grimm

Prison Break alum Silas Weir Mitchell has landed a lead role opposite David Giuntoli in NBC's drama pilot Grimm. Created by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf and to be directed by Marc Buckland, Grimm is described as a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. It centers on Nick Burckhardt (Giuntoli), a good-looking detective who starts to see humans as  beast/animals and discovered that he has a legacy - to protect "humans" from these beasts. Mitchell will play Eddie Monroe, a reformed big bad wolf who has tamed his murderous instincts through a strict regimen of diet and Pilates. He starts helping Nick with his cases.  Mitchell, repped by Greene & Assoc., also recurred on NBC's My Name Is Earl and will next be seen in the feature Heaven's Rain.

Joey King has been cast as Amanda Peet's daughter in the NBC comedy pilot Bent. At age 11, King, managed by Industry,  has an extensive feature resume. She played one of the title roles opposite Selena Gomez in Romona and Beezus, just wrapped Family Weekend opposite Kristin Chenoweth and will next be seen in Battle: Los Angeles and Crazy, Stupid, Love, playing Steve Carell's daughter.

Source

Comedian Kevin Hart To Star In Fox Pilot 'Little In Common', Prep Concert Movie

Kevin Hart is set to star opposite Rob Corddry in Rob Thomas' single-camera comedy pilot for Fox Little in Common. The WBTV-produced pilot is about 3 families united through their kids’ little league sports. It centers on the Caucasian, oh-so-proper Wellers (Corddry, Paula Marshall) who move from San Jose, CA to Austin, TX, but find that their adjustment won't be quite that easy, considering that their Latino neighbors, the Pachecos, have a radically different approach to child-rearing than they do, while their other new neighborhood acquaintances, the African American Burlesons, take sports very seriously. Hart will play Ty Burleson, a former Division 2 athlete and sports writer-turned-house husband who now satisfies his competitive urges by coaching youth baseball.

Kevin Hart, now on tour with his standup show Laugh at My Pain, just wrapped up a 2-day performance at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live that set a record with $1.1 million in ticket sales. No African American comedian since Eddie Murphy has surpassed 1 million dollars in two-day live show ticket sales. The Nokia shows, which Hart co-directed, were filmed for a theatrical release. The concert film, also titled Laugh at My Pain, is being produced by Codeblack Entertainment, Hart's HartBeat Prods. and exec produced by 3 Arts' Dave Becky. Vivendi/Universal is distributing. Hart, repped by 3 Arts, UTA and APA, has sold over 350,000 DVDs of his most recent  special Seriously Funny

Source

'Party Down' Alum Ryan Hansen To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Lovelives

EXCLUSIVE: Friends with Benefits co-star Ryan Hansen has landed the male lead in another NBC comedy project, pilot Lovelives. Lovelives, from 20th TV, Chernin Entertainment and writer Chris Sheridan, is described as a sophisticated, adult multi-camera comedy about a couple, Tim (Hansen) and Holly, and their challenges of love and infidelity. Tim is an attractive and smart professor of literature at Fordham University who is less than honest with Holly. For Gersh-repped Hansen, Lovelives is formally in second position to Friends with Benefits, which is yet to receive an air date. The series is also for the same network (NBC) and from the same studio (20th TV) as Lovelives, making this second position as safe as they come. Hansen previously co-starred on Veronica Mars and Party Down.

Source

Jenna Elfman Closing In On Starring Role In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Bad Mom

Jenna Elfman is in negotiations for the lead in ABC's single-camera comedy pilot Bad Mom. The project, from ABC Studios and Kapital Entertainment, centers on Julia (Elfman), a single mom whose two kids had been raised largely by her mom. When her mom decides to get her life back, Julia has to do it alone. Bad Mom was created by British writer-actress-comedienne Sharon Horgan who is executive producing with Aaron Kaplan.

Former Dharma & Greg star Elfman headlined CBS' multicamera comedy Accidentally on Purpose last season. The actress, repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment, next co-stars in the feature Friends with Benefits.

Source

Reply 733#733 spratt89's post

I heard about this last year but i heard they shelved it for next year

Tuesday 22nd February

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

NCIS

21.38 Million

4.4/13

Glee

10.50 Million

4.4/12

No Ordinary Family

4.77 Million

1.4/4

One Tree Hill

1.99 Million

0.9/3

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

NCIS Los Angeles

18.58 Million

3.9/11

Raising Hope

6.21 Million

2.4/7

V

1.9/5

Hellcats

1.65 Million

0.6/2

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Traffic Light

3.99 Million

1.6/4

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

The Good Wife

11.51 Million

2.0/6

Parenthood

5.50 Million

2.1/6

The Game

3.69 Million

1.9/5

White Collar

3.69 Million

1.2/3

Southland

2.05 Million

0.7/2

Lights Out

0.742 Million

0.3/1

10:30PM

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Lets Stay Together

2.34 Million

1.2/3

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 2-27-2011 21:12 ]

TV CASTINGS ROUNDUP: Five Board Pilots

Adam Goldberg has lansed a lead in CBS' drama pilot Rookies,  an ensemble cop show about six NYPD rookies who balance their personal lives with learning the beat on the streets of Manhattan. Goldberg will play one of them, joining recently cast Leelee Sobieski.

Henry Simmons has joined  ABC comedy pilot Man Up, which centers on happily married father of two Will (Mather Zickel), his brother-in-law Kenny and the lovelorn Craig (Chris Moynihan). Simmons, repped by APA and Principato Young, will play Kenny's ex-wife's (Amanda Detmer) boyfriend. Also cast in the pilot so far are Teri Polo and Jake Joyhnson.

Leslie Odom Jr. has been cast in the ABC drama pilot Poe, a crime procedural following Edgar Allan Poe, the world's very first detective, as he uses unconventional methods to investigate dark mysteries in 1840s Boston. Odom Jr. will play Julian "Jupiter" Noble, a doctor at a free clinic who helps Poe.

Joy Osmanski has been added to Fox's comedy pilot Family Album, which centers on Dave (Mike O'Malley), a passionate, overly enthusiastic former jock who, after a breakthrough experience on a family vacation returns home with a renewed conviction to "bond the crap out of his family." Osmanski plays Holly, an attractive career woman whose social life is a bit of a mess.

Harish Patel has been cast in ABC' comedy pilot My Freakin' Family, which centers on two young parents, Anna and Raj, whose lives change after they have a baby and the four grandparents with very different cultural backgrounds descend upon their lives to fight for the soul of their grandchild. Patel will play Raj's dad.

Source

Wednesday 23rd February

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

American Idol

22.02 Million

7.9/21

The Middle

8.07 Million

2.4/7

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Better With You

5.85 Million

1.8/5

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

American Idol

23.17 Million

7.9/21

Criminal Minds

13.44 Million

3.2/8

Modern Family

10.35 Million

4.1/11

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Mr Sunshine

6.46 Million

2.2/6

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Criminal Minds SB

9.92 Million

2.4/7

Law & Order SVU

8.04 Million

2.5/7

Off The Map

4.88 Million

1.7/5

Justified

2.59 Million

0.9/3

Hot In Cleveland

0.4/1

Are We There Yet

N/A

N/A

10:30PM

Show Name

Total Viewers

18-49 Ratings + Share

Are We There Yet

N/A

N/A

Retired At 35

1.15 Million

0.3/1

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 2-27-2011 20:59 ]

TV CASTINGS: Michelle Borth, Chris D'Elia, Amaury Nolasco Land Lead Roles

Michelle Borth has been cast as the lead in ABC's untitled summer medical drama series aka Combat Hospital. The 13-episode series, about doctors at a military hospital in Afghanistan is a Canadian/UK co-production, with Daniel Petrie Jr. serving as executive producer/showrunner. Borth will play Rebecca, a brilliant trauma surgeon who is new to the military was dumped by her fiance just before she left for Afghanistan. The casting stems from Borth's talent deal with ABC, which came out of her starring role on the network's short-lived drama The Forgotten. This season, she did an arc on CBS' Hawaii Five-0.

Comedian Chris D'Elia has landed the male lead opposite Whitney Cummings in her comedy pilot at NBC. The project, written/co-exec produced by Cummings and exec produced/run by Betsy Thomas, centers on young couple Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (D'Elia) who tackle the ups and downs of a committed relationship in today’s complicated world. D'Elia recently co-stared in TBS' comedy Glory Daze.

Chase co-star Amaury Nolasco has been cast as one of the two leads the ABC comedy pilot Work It, a  multicamera centers from Andrew Reich and ted Cohen about out-of-work car salesmen Lee and Angel (Nolasco) who realize that it is now a woman's world and decide that in order to find work again and succeed they are going to have to dress as women to get jobs as pharmaceuticals reps. Also cast in the pilot is Chelsea Lately regular John Carapulo as Lee's brother-in-law and Lee and Angel's drinking buddy.

Source

PILOT CASTINGS: NBC's 'Smash', Fox's 'I Hate My Teenage Daughter' Find Leads

Broadway actor Christian Borle has landed the male lead opposite Debra Messing in NBC's Broadway-themed pilot Smash, which is based on an idea by Steven Spielberg. The pilot, from DreamWorks TV and UMS, follows a cross section of characters who come together to put on a Marilyn Monroe musical on Broadway led by the musical's composer Tom (Borle) and lyricist Julia (Messing). Also previously cast in the pilot are Jack Devenport, Megan Hilty and Katharine McPhee. Borle was nominated for a Tony in 2007 for Legally Blonde.

Katie Finneran has been cast as one of the two leads of Fox's multicamera comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter. The project, from Warner Bros. TV and writers/executive producers Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer, centers on two women, Annie  and Nikki (Finneran), who now have daughters just like the girls who picked on them in high school. Finneran is a familiar face at Fox. She co-starred on two series for the network, dramas The Inside and Wonderfalls.

Source

Eamonn Walker Gets Lead In NBC's '17th Precinct', Dan Fogler In ABC's 'Man Up

Eamonn Walker has landed the lead in Ron Moore's drama pilot for NBC 17th Precinct, set in the fictional town of Excelsior where magic and supernatural elements rule over science and revolving around the cops at the local 17th Precinct. Walker, repped by ICM and manager Joan Fields, will play Detective Chief Inspector Wilder Blanks. Also cast in the pilot is Jamie Bamber as a homicide detective.

Dan Fogler has been tapped as a lead in ABC's comedy pilot Man Up. Written by Chris Moynihan, the project centers on happily married father of two Will (Mather Zickel), his brother-in-law Kenny (Fogler) and the lovelorn Craig (Chris Moynihan) Fogler , repped by WME and Management 360, will next be seen in Take Me Home Tonight and Mars Needs Moms.

Source

Thread