Thread
Printable Version

Cougar Town Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 3: Makin Some Noise

This was a really good episode, I loved how this episode started with Jules smacking Andy over the head with a wooden spoon, I found it funny how Jules kept putting glasses on Grayson because he looks better wearing them, the scenes of Travis being at college were awesome because he ended up with Bobby, Andy & Jules all playing him a visit, I laughed a little bit at the scene of Travis driving that golf cart with the security guy chasing after him, my favourite scene was of the Jules, Grayson, Bobby, Andy, Ellie & Laurie all playing music at the end of this episode.

Episode 4: The Damage You’ve Done

This was the first great episode of season 2 in my opinion, I had forgotten that Laurie & Grayson had slept together so I found the storyline very interesting to see how everybody handled the revelation, the scene when Grayson & Laurie told Jules they had slept together was brilliant because of the look on Jules face, the scene of Travis trying to break up with his girlfriend was hilarious because she said no and bossed him around afterwards, It was a shame Laurie's relationship storyline ended but it got a bit boring for me towards the end.

Episode 5: Keeping Me Alive

This was such a great episode to watch, I was unimpressed with how Ellie brought up the fact Bobby gets Alimony from Jules, the way Jules reacted to Bobby saying he doesn't need Alimony from her any more was quite funny, the scene when Bobby caught the Frisbee in his mouth and landed hard was hilarious, I like the fact Jules has found another way to give Bobby money, I really want this Laurie & Smith storyline would just go away already because I'm bored of it, I really liked the scene of Jules, Andy & Grayson showing Ellie she is not all that smart after all, my favourite scene had to be the ending at the Golf Range.

Episode 6: You Don't Know How It Feels

This was a brilliant episode to watch, It was great to see Ken Jenkins (Scrubs) appear in this episode as Jules dad Chick, I loved how Chick interacted with everybody and his character definitely gave the show an edge that has been missing this season, my favourite scene was of Laurie pulling a Halloween prank of Travis, the scene of Jules & Chick finally having a heart to heart conversation was close to being my favourite scene, the storyline of Bobby trying to become a legal guardian for Stan in case anything happens to Andy or Ellie was the best thing about this episode.

Episode 7: Fooled Again – I Don't Like It

This was a good episode, I liked the idea of the human truth gun that was used multiple times during this episode, the scene when Bobby had liquid drip out of his nose was quite funny, I loved the scene of Ellie giving Grayson a toy rocket which contained a picture of Grayson & his dad, my favourite scene was of Jules & Andy Dancing but a close second was of Ellie saying “Look at my rings” whilst dancing, It may of just been me but the Bobby & Travis storyline was a little boring to watch at times unlike the Jules & Andy storyline which was interesting from start to finish.

Episode 8: Little Girl Blues

This was a pretty good episode, I didn't like the scene of Jules & the gang embarrassing Travis & Kristen at the start, the scene when Bobby fell off his hammock and ended up dangling in the air was quite funny, the scenes of Jules being threatened by Kristen was good but my favourite scene was of them having a heart to heart conversation near the end, I have to admit I didn't like the ending of this episode when Jules held a funeral of sorts for a broken glass, I think the last thing to say about this episode was how much I enjoyed the storyline of the gang hanging out at Grayson's and not leaving, I also like the Kristen character at the moment.

Episode 9: When The Time Comes

This was a very good Thanksgiving Episode, I have to admit I have not noticed the whole Mumble talk from Bobby since this show started or maybe I never noticed it before, the scene of Jules saying “I love You” to Grayson and him not responding was predictable, I loved everything about the storyline of Andy being optimistic that everything happens for a reason, my favourite scene however was easily the Thanksgiving dinner scene towards the end, I don't think I have said it yet but I do like the Kevin character and hopefully we get to see more of him.

Episode 10: The Same Old You

This was personally my favourite episode of the season so far, I loved the scene of Bobby playing golf and scaring that idiot in the Golf Cart, I liked the fact that we learnt something about Grayson's past but Grayson & Ellie then exchanging secrets found about one another at the end was funny, my favourite scene had to be of Jules, Ellie, Andy & Grayson fixing up Bobby's boat, I can honestly say I would not be surprised if Travis & Laurie hook up at some point because for me the writing is on the wall, I guessed that Bobby's boat would sink when it hit the water but it leave me wondering where he will stay now.

Episode 11: No Reason To Cry

This was a very good episode to, I'm glad the whole Bobby qualifying for a PGA golf tournament was brought up again in this episode, I loved the reaction by Jules, Ellie & Laurie when that Dove died, the scene of Travis & Kristen trying to fix Bobby so he wouldn't be depressed any more was my favourite scene, I really did find the scene of Jules walking into that cupboard door funny, the ending of this episode with Laurie ordering coffee was hilarious because of the look on the workers face, I don't know why but I wasn't at all interested in the Jules & Grayson storyline this time around.

Episode 12: A Thing About You

This was a really good episode, the storyline of Laurie moving in with Jules whist her place is painted was funny because of how Laurie acted even after Jules was mean to her, my favourite scene was when Ellie tore Wayne to pieces because of what he said about Jules earlier, I loved the scene of Travis & Kristen having a romantic moment thanks to Grayson & Bobby, I thought the ending to this episode with all the gang hanging out was the perfect ending to this episode because of the friendship storyline that surrounded the entire episode.

Episode 13: Lost Children

This was a great episode, It was funny how Andy reacted to Grayson poking fun at him, I couldn't help but laugh at seeing Andy tied to a tree but I really liked the scene of Grayson & Andy settling their differences, my favourite scene was when Ellie made the first phone call and called Jules a Dictator, I loved the scenes of Jules searching for Ellie who was hiding in the back of her Truck and by the end all the gang were in the truck, I liked the scenes of Laurie & Bobby talking about his new girlfriend but what was the point of the Bobby having a girlfriend storyline if it only lasted 1 episode.

Episode 14: Cry To Me

This was another great episode, I liked the scenes when all the gang did or said something nice to somebody in the gang and then did the reverse not long afterwards by saying something mean, the scene of Jules finally getting Grayson to open up emotionally was my favourite scene because of what happened, I have to say the funniest scenes were of Travis having to take part in a photo shoot for Kristen, I loved the reaction by Kristen when she saw the picture, I wasn't really into the whole Andy & Ellie storyline but the Valentines Gift Andy got Ellie was sweet.

Episode 15: Walls

I thought this was a really good episode, I personally think the idea of Travis proposing to Kristen as stupid and if he does then I think the relationship will be finished but apart from that It was funny watching Jules trying to not inter fear in Travis' private life yet again, I was completely bored of the whole Penny Can business idea but it did result in Grayson being given another lesson in friendship, I can admit I found the Ellie thinking her Truck is haunted storyline funny but It was oblivious that Jules kept moving Ellie's stuff.

Episode 16: Baby's A Rock N Roller

This was a great episode with quite a few funny moments, I loved the way Bobby stuck some food in the Dog's mouth to stop it from waking him up fully, my favourite scenes were of Jules & Grayson taking care of Stan for the day, I was kinda hoping they showed the video of Travis and the washing Hamper as it would have been the funniest thing to come from this episode, the scenes of Andy trying to help Laurie get back in the grove of things was really great to see, I also loved the reaction by Jules when Grayson mentioned about having a kid someday, the ending with Bobby & Travis asleep in the golf cart was quite funny.

Episode 17: You're Gonna Get It

I have to say this was a brilliant episode of Cougar Town, I guessed something bad would happen as soon as Jules started to mention Charity Work at the start but the scene of Jules screwing up the National Anthem at an Elementary School was hilarious even if I saw it coming, It was funny watching Laurie kick Ellie & Grayson's butts at Trivia with some help from Travis, my favourite scene was the family moment of Jules, Bobby & Travis on Bobby's boat, It was great seeing Bobby's get a lucky break for a change even if he had to become Bobby Wrong Ball for it to happen.

Episode 18: Lonesome Sundown

This was a very good episode in my opinion, the scene when Travis shouted Pancaked after Kevin had tackled Grayson at the bar was quite funny, I would say that the storyline of Jules having to live of Bobby's boat for a weekend was funny from start to finish, I think the words I told you so come to mind when it comes to Travis & Kristen breaking up because Travis decided to propose but the Proposal scene was however my favourite scene from this episode, I wasn't all that interested in the Secret Council thing after awhile because the punishments become so stupid.

Episode 19: Damaged By Love

This was a rather disappointing episode for the most part, I personally thought the only good thing about this episode was the storyline of Bobby, Chick & Jules hanging out with Travis at a strip club to try and cheer him up, I don't have anything good to say about the Andy having family visit storyline because I found it completely boring, I did however like the storyline that involved Grayson wanting to Rollerblade home because it had the funniest scenes like when he went flying over the car near the end, I disliked the ending with Andy & Angela because I thought it should have been about Travis.

Episode 20: Free Fallin

This episode was way better than the last one, the scene when Kevin came round to ask about Travis was awesome because of how Travis started walking back up stairs after hearing Kevin ask if Travis had dropped out of College, I loved the scenes when the Chalk Children appeared because of how Grayson & Ellie reacted, my favourite scene was when Grayson, Ellie & Tom scared the Chalk Children away, I can't wait to see how Bobby's life changes now that he has $20,000 to his name after selling his Penny Can invention, I look forward to seeing where the Travis being depressed storyline goes next.

Episode 21: Something Good Coming Part 1

I thought this was a very good part 1 episode to lead us into the season 2 part 2 finale, I really did enjoy the scenes of Grayson hanging out with Stan at the start, I wouldn't mind seeing a storyline of Jules & Grayson having a baby at some point down the line, it may just be me but the whole Bobby & Andy friendship just gets funnier the longer this show goes on in my opinion, my favourite scenes were of Ted Buckland playing depressing songs, I'm really liking the new Travis because his character has more depth than it did before.

Episode 22: Something Good Coming Part 2

This episode was slightly better than the part 1 episode, I loved watching the scenes of Bobby doing all the Sporty things with Ellie and doing all the girly things with Andy, the scene when Travis hit Ted in the face with a surfboard had me in stitches, It was a little funny how Bobby started talking to Laurie and then got distracted by a Coconut, I thought the thing that stood out most about this episode was the fact it was not all about Travis which most of part 1 was, my favourite scene by some distance was the ending sequence to this episode.

This was a really good season but their were way more poor episodes this season than the first one.

Thread