Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

hiya barb, yeah, i thought so. Being human, is very good, its quirky,soppy,and funny,even a touch wicked too. a very good piece of writing.
Graham
ps, Barb, you know i am a "newbie" when does that change,its not bother,just asking!

G

[ Last edited by grah3 at 6-12-2009 00:21 ]

being human season 1 episode guide

Pilot                       
Originally aired: February 18, 2008         
Two Twentysomethings, George (a werewolf) and Mitchell (a vampire), move into a flatshare only to discover that their new home is haunted by Annie, the ghost of a previous occupant.

Episode 1
Originally aired: January 25, 2009         
Mitchell has trouble restraining his blood lust, Annie must deal with her past and George finds that he no longer has a safe place to transform. A girl called Lauren that Mitchell turned into a vampire comes to see him.

Episode 2         
Originally aired: February 1, 2009         
George meets a homeless werewolf, Tully, who offers advice on his condition.

Episode 3       
Originally aired: February 8, 2009         
Annie meets Gilbert, a ghost from the 1980s, but her subsequent exploration of why she has remained on Earth after her death results in her discovering that she was actually murdered by Owen. Mitchell tries to help Lauren give up killing.

Episode 4            
Originally aired: February 15, 2009        
Mitchell makes friends with a local child, but a misunderstanding results in an angry mob attacking the house. Meanwhile, George struggles to welcome Nina into his life, and Annie starts exhibiting some issues.

Episode 5         
Originally aired: February 22, 2009         
Mitchell turns his back on humanity and returns to the vampires. He finds recruits amongst the terminally ill that come to the hospital he works at, but the vampires aren't telling him their full plan for world conversion. Annie finally faces Owen about her death, but things don't go to plan. The door comes for Annie and she says her goodbyes, just as Mitchell is stabbed with a stake by Herrick.

Episode 6         
Originally aired: March 1, 2009         
With Mitchell battling against his stake-wound, George finally gathers the courage to confront Herrick, but neither are playing by the rules. Can he keep Nina safe? And how will Annie cope with the idea of having her final connections to the human world severed?

SOURCE

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-12-2009 13:12 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Thanks. Ready to post when show is added 6-12-2009 10:15

Reply 715#715 waterlilybarb's post

hiya Barb,
yeah, i was just thinking that, its almost a year between the pilot and  episode one was shown, i will keep an eye out for that.
have a great weekend

Graham

Reply 720#720 waterlilybarb's post

Barb,
just seen this on the "Being Human" site.

Next on TV
BBC HD  22:10 16 Jun 2009

so it looks like it will on air in 3 days.
graham

About Wallander

Wallander is a drama series that premiered in November 2008.

About the show:
Wallander is a television series adapted from Henning Mankell's Kurt Wallander novels and starring Kenneth Branagh as the eponymous police inspector. The three-episode series, produced by Yellow Bird, Left Bank Pictures and TKBC for BBC Scotland, was broadcast first on BBC One from November to December 2008. It is the first time the Wallander novels have been adapted into an English-language production. Yellow Bird, formed by Mankell, began negotiations with British companies to produce the adaptations in 2006. In 2007, Branagh met with Mankell personally to discuss playing the role.

This drama follows Inspector Kurt Wallander – a middle-aged everyman – as he struggles against a rising tide of violence in the apparently sleepy backwaters in and around Ystad in Skane, southern Sweden. Basedon the international best-selling books by Henning Mankell.

Cast:

ACTOR

CHARACTER

Kenneth Branagh Kurt Wallander
Sadie ShimminLisa Holgersson
Sarah SmartAnne-Britt Hoglund
Tom BeardSvedberg
Tom HiddlestonMartinsson

source: Wikipedia
image adapted from: BBC

Watch it now!
For information on VIP membership, please see here.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-14-2009 18:06 ]
Recent Ratings

help for wallander

help please i edit the cast section, but still will not show, anyone help me?

thanks
Graham

yippee i did it, i think,lol

[ Last edited by grah3 at 6-14-2009 12:17 ]

EPISODE ONE: Sidetracked
What connects the suicide of a young woman and the murder of a government minister?
Inspector Wallander is called to investigate the self-immolation of a girl in a rapeseed field. While trying to find out her identity he is also confronted with the violent and seemingly motiveless murders of three unrelated male victims. At home Wallander has to deal with the upheaval of his private life where he has just moved into his own place, his daughter tries to keep an eye on him, and he attempts to reconcile with his ailing father.

EPISODE TWO: Firewall
What connects the murder of a cab driver and the apparent victim of a heart attack?
In this episode Inspector Wallander pursues the killer of taxi driver as well puzzles over a seeming heart attack victim. While hunting for clues Wallander comes across a wide reaching conspiracy that connects both cases.

EPISODE THREE: One Step Behind
First three students are killed during a Midsummer's Eve party, then weeks later more victims turn up dead that all appear to be connected. Inspector Wallander's pursuit of the murderer seems to see him always one step behind.

SOURCES: BBC & TV.com
IMAGE ADAPTED FROM: BBC

Recent Ratings

ok, thanks i did look for the season 3 i didn't see it up. oh well back to the drawing board  but was that effort ok though barb
graham

yeah, guys i got that, my glasses were steamed up,lol
graham

blood ties

guys ,
can i do the about and episodes of Blood ties, it is free as i write this.

Graham

thanks barb,
i will keep an eye out for that in future, so about BLOOD TIES can you hightlight it so i can do the abouts and episodes please

Graham

cheers, it wasn't hightlighted so i thought i would check ok i will do about BLOOD TIES, thanks bala

graham

About - BLOOD TIES

A Crime Series with Bite.

Blood Ties is a drama/sci-fi series that premiered in March 2007.

About the Show:
Based on Tanya Huff’s “Vicki Nelson” novels – the Blood series – Blood Ties is a one-hour crime drama series, following the misadventures of Vicki Nelson, a feisty, attractive, 29 year old ex-cop turned private investigator with a degenerative eye disorder, who seems destined to sit on the sidelines until fate intervenes, turning her life upside down.

Sure we all think our lives are complicated.  But consider ex-cop Vicki Nelson's.
It’s not bad enough that her career was sidetracked by failing vision… or that the fiery relationship with a handsome cop she tried to abandon won’t stay dead… but when her latest love interest turns out to be a 480 year old vampire, you really have to give her the prize,And when a growing part of her private eye caseload begins shifting from fraud investigations and cheating spouses to battling ghosts, ghouls, zombies, and demons, that’s when even Vicki has to wonder who she's upset. After witnessing a terrifying murder, Vickie finds herself on a collision course with a stranger – Henry Fitzroy – who is also investigating the murder.  Henry just happens to be a vampire and the bastard son of Henry VIII.  This unlikely pair forms more than just a crime-solving partnership that complicates Vicki’s long-term love affair with ex-crime partner and boyfriend Mike Celluci… it sends Vicki into a dark underworld where fantasy meets reality, violence and passion make strange bedfellows, and the lines between good and evil are just a little blurred.

Cast:

ACTOR

CHARACTER

Christina CoxVicki Nelson
Kyle SchmidHenry Fitzroy
Dylan NealMike Celluci
Gina HoldenCoreen Fennel

Episode Guides:
Season 1
Season 2

information sources: tv.com & IMDb
image source: photobucket

Watch it now!

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-17-2009 18:03 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Much better! Ready to post. :) 6-17-2009 15:03

help guys

guys i am having problems getting my "grid" to show when i submit the post, what am i doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally posted by grah3 at 6-15-2009 11:54  
guys i am having problems getting my "grid" to show when i submit the post, what am i doing wrong?
.LOL, Got it right i think,lol

Reply 761#761 waterlilybarb's post

thanks Barb,
i have now done that, tell me though i keep getting the wrong banners or wrong something! apart from Photobucket, what is another good site to use i forget.
thanks
Graham

Reply 764#764 waterlilybarb's post

thanks Barb
i will check fanpop out again, i remember now, u take care now
catch u later, i will do another about soon.

Graham

About "Fear itself"

You have nothing to fear but Fear Itself.

Fear Itself is a sci-fi/horror series that premiered in June 2008.

About the Show:
Fear Itself is a provocative, new 13-episode suspense and horror anthology series set to push the boundaries of this classic genre through a host of provocative talent, both in front of and behind the camera, including award-winning, sought-after directors John Landis, Darren Bousman and RonnyYu; actors Brandon Routh, Shiri Appleby, Elisabeth Moss, Cynthia Watros, Eric Roberts and John Billingsley; and writers, including Joe Gangemi, Steve Niles and Dan Knauf.

Its title is derived from the famous Franklin D. Roosevelt quote "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." The anthology was borne out of Masters of Horror and shares several of the same creative elements: self-contained horror/thriller stories directed by the biggest horror directors working in features today.

The series is produced by Lionsgate in association with IE Indy TV, and was created by Mick Garris. Emmy Award winner Andrew Deane is executive producer. Peter Block is co-executive producer; Grant Rosenberg is supervising producer; and Adam Goldworm, Ben Browning and Jonathan Hackett are producers.

Cast:  
Features a changing lineup of directors, writers and actors.

Theme Song:
"Lie, Lie, Lie" by Serj Tankian

information sources: tv.com & wikipedia
image source: fanpop

Watch it now!

Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Ready to post. Thanks for beefing it up. 6-17-2009 16:06

Reply 768#768 waterlilybarb's post

thanks Barb,  how you feeling today, i hope your well, here is a get well kiss and a hug

Reply 770#770 waterlilybarb's post

well, barb, when i am better at all this i will help you edit and help people

Thread