23 12
Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

School Lies reminded me of this situation my English teacher tricked us into.

She gave us a letter saying that 6 people from our class cheated on a test. She said she had proof because she had another English class a few periods before our class and handed out the test to them, but even though the questions on the test were the same, she switched the order around. She said that the kids who cheated in our class would've gotten perfect scores if they took the test in the other English class (so she was suspecting that there was a conspiracy between the two classes). She said that somebody needed to confess or everybody in our class will get a 0 on our test. One boy in my class stood up and said that he cheated to try to get everybody out of trouble (a little like what Nate did in GG). After what seemed like forever, our teacher opened the door and said that it was just a joke. Everybody was pretty freaked out at that point. She told us that because we were about to start reading The Crucible, she wanted us to be in a similar situation and know what it's like to be accused of something you didn't do. Well, she sure succeeded.

I haven't read the books either, but G. is most definitely Georgina, aka. Michelle Trachtenberg's character. She's supposed to be this wild child from Serena's past who just got out rehab and is going to cause trouble for Serena (as if she didn't cause enough trouble already).

I liked this episode. But WHAT HAPPENED TO JENNY? I used to love her character, but ughhh, she is getting more and more bitchy by the second. I cannot believe that she is turning to this person she is becoming.

I really really hope Chuck and Serena become like, allies who team up to handle the return of "G." I mean, it wouldn't hurt Chuck's reputation that much if he send some of G.'s own medicine to her, right?

Reply 77#77 bala's post

Yeah, I know who it is already.   Kelly Rutherford, who plays Lilly revealed it at this party thingy this week.

It's not really hard to guess, but highlight to read: Serena's brother (what's his name again? )

Georgina is horrible! I can't believe she did that to Serena. What is this secret!?!?! It must be something horrible (maybe that thing with Nate? Or what caused Serena to leave Constance?), I don't know, I'm just making wild guesses here. But it's interesting how manipulative she is over Serena. Like, Serena knows better, yet she still agrees to get a drink with Georgina. And what was up with Georgina introducing herself to Dan as Sarah!?

Blair is back. The way she sabotaged Nellie and everything is totally Blair material.

Vanessa and Nate....I actually like them together. Like someone else said, they balance each other out.

Reply 102#102 bala's post

That would be drastic. OMG. That would be huge. I don't think they'll got that far, though...at least, I hope not. Serena doesn't seem like the kind of person to do that, but who knows? Maybe the old Serena was just like Georgina.

Hmm. I saw the promo for next week's episode and when the narrator says like something along the lines of "The secret is out," and they showed Serena looking at the computer screen, watching a video. They wouldn't possibly take a video of them killing someone, would they? My guess is that it might be a sex tape.

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 4-30-2008 17:25 ]

Reply 108#108 themegababe's post

Yes! It totally did. I thought I was the only one that thought so.

Promos -- Kind of spoilerish.

For those of you who are in need of a Gossip Girl fix, there's plenty to go around.

Jenny and Blair: It's on.

Uh-oh.

I'm not even kidding you, my jaw dropped when she dropped that bomb. Murder? Wow.   It does look like Georgina is here to stay. Boo.

I'm glad Jenny is back to the old Jenny. I really started to dislike her change of character. But I felt bad for her and how much she lost through it all.

I totally love Blair right now. I love how loyal she is to Serena/Serena's family. However, I do wonder how she will take the murder bomb Serena dropped on her.

Cannot wait till next episode!

Oh and Lily and Rufus. Yay!

Reply 120#120 bala's post

Hehe, I love the second promo. "I'm..Chuck Bass."    What is this secret!?

UGHHHH Georgina is unbelievable. Her story about her "ex-boyfriend"....wow. She is just...I don't have words to describe her. Actually, lemme borrow some words from Chuck: "The b****'s a psycho." Why is she so determined to ruin everything for Serena? Ugh. And Dan is just a little too gullible.

I love the friendship between Blair and Serena. And Serena, Chuck, Nate and Blair all together. I think one of the reasons I really loved this episode was that it kind of portrayed what good friends should be, you know. Even though Chuck, Nate and Blair hate each other, they still got together and united when Serena needed help.

Lilly and Rufus!! YAY. There's gonna be some serious drama-rama next week.

Looks good!!!

Yeah, I also heard that Georgina'll be back next season. Back in town to cause more trouble for Serena? Blair perhaps? Ugh.

I was so rooting for Blair and Chuck. For some reason, I actually thought they were pretty cute together. Why did Bart have to say all those things?

Seriously, we ARE back at square 1. Ugh. It just makes it feel like all that's happened happened for nothing. Well, not nothing. But just...ahh.

Lily actually went ahead and married Bart? I was hoping for a Lily-ditches-Bart-at-the-wedding-and-goes-away-with-Rufus scenario, however outplayed that is.

Whoa! I didn't expect that from James/Marcus. That's an interesting twist. But I'm enjoying this love triangle...so the more the better I say.

Promo for next week

Isn't that the woman Nate is fooling around with? Kathleen?

Reply 9#9 redsoxpatriot30's post

Nate and Serena?!?

Reply 12#12 spratt89's post

What? A new love interest for Serena? GG really loves its love triangles...

This "new" (old, really) Serena is definitely different from the one we're used to. I'm not sure how I feel about it though. I mean, why does she have to compete with Blair? Looking at the promo for next week, it seems like she and Blair are back to being enemies, which is just absurd. I really like their friendship and after all Blair's done for Serena (even if it didn't help too much, it's the gesture that counts I guess ), I can't believe Serena would just turn her back on Blair.

Marcus and Catherine...gross. That is just... Bad, bad, bad image. I hope that's the end to their storylines.

Reply 68#68 studiojek's post

Same here! I kept on thinking about the 8 year age difference, but then I realized that the age difference between the actors -- not the characters. But yeah, they don't resemble high school juniors at all. Even Jenny...Taylor Momsen is 15 in real life, but she doesn't look 15 at all.

I'm actually looking forward to this Serena/Aaron storyline. Dan is bound to get a little jealous, but that's what makes love triangles so much fun.

Next week's episode looks crazy. But then again, the promo's make every episode look crazy.

Aaron...I don't know how I feel about him. I agree, the whole ring thing was cute. But all the girls!!!

Jenny has...really changed. I came across a picture from the beginning of season 1 and was shocked to see how different the character is now. I'm also not too fond of the clothing, but she definitely has talent.

Emma grossed me out. I can't believe there are girls that so desperate. And for what? "She's always the best at everything, I wanna beat her at something!" I did feel sympathetic to her at the end, but just...

Blair finally got into Yale. What's the deal with Serena? Did she get in too, since the Dean was so after her? I wonder what the show's going to do once this season ends. Are they gonna go ahead with showing the college years? Or are they going to pull an OTH?

I'm a little fuzzy on season 1, but I thought they said only a few people were going to get accepted to certain colleges....  Oh well, this is the Upper East Side we're talking about. That would be interesting -- having (possibly) all five of them at Yale.

23 12
Thread