Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Yum, sounds good!
Had already been told about the rockefeller center but not about brooklyn bridge.
I want to get a great photo as I have one from Paris of the eiffel tower (near where we got engaged) and I want one of New York to go with it so we can have them put onto canvas to go up in our new flat when we get it!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

That sounds great, thanks studio. And arielle too. Central park was on our to do list although I know it's huge and we haven't really looked into what exactly we could do there. Bicycles would be cool, we often go cycling here, although I suppose a carriage would be more romantic!

Sounds like great fun Shinny!
It's a bit odd but one of the things I'm looking forward to at my wedding is seeing who'll catch the bouquet! (Obviously not as much as the getting married part!)

That's really kind of you Studio, thank you so much. I think you're right about doing both, my fiance loved the idea of getting bikes and suggested we try to do an evening carriage ride as well. Central park is on the list of things we have to do, we have another list of things we'd like to do with time!

I'm off on holiday tomorrow so have a good week, girlies!

I like the new avatar, Arielle. Good to hear that everything is going well!
I was back at school today - my first day as a 'proper' teacher! So far so good but I don't want to speak too soon!

Hope it all goes well for you too Meg, sounds like you've got an awful lot to keep up with but it sounds like it's all good. I find that when I have to juggle a lot of things that I'm fine once I have established a routine for myself, it's what I'm having to do at the moment (although I'm sure I'm not doing as much as you are!)

So far, so good. They seem like a lovely class and they are quite bright on the whole. Am having trouble keeping them quiet at the moment but they're getting there!

I'm very excited today as I've had the phone call to say that my wedding dress is ready! I'm so looking forward to picking it up, I just hope that it fits after the two holidays I've had recently! I have to wait 2 weeks before I have any free time to go and collect it though

It's a pretty traditional long white wedding dress, with flower beading, lace-up back, quite full but not too meringue-like! The only slightly unusual thing is that it's a halterneck, with a sweetheart neckline at the front.

Have had a bit of trouble with the dressmaker and her alterations policy (when we went at first she said they were included, then she changed her policy by which time it was getting too late to look elsewhere.) If it needs altering it could end up costing money that we don't have so am just praying that it's fits. If not I'll just have to take it as it is and hope I can find someone through friends who will do it cheaply.

Welcome back Barb   - you have been missed

Wedding plans are going ok but it seems way too close now and I'm sure we're not doing everything we need to be! My first week as a 'proper' teacher went without any major problems though so all is good in my world for the moment!

Reply 2300#2300 bala's post

Lol, I have always thought that kind of job would be really difficult. Knowing the best advice to give to other people depends on so many factors to do with those people, their backgrounds and their state of mind at the time. I admire people who do that for a living, it's quite a responsibility.

Oh I didn't think you were trying to offend. I just thought that it's funny how people have different ideas about different jobs and whether or not they could do them - I have had people tell me they couldn't deal with 30 kids all day wheras I find it's the adults I have to deal with that are more problematic!

Reply 2306#2306 gypsiegirl66's post

Glad you're back and feeling better Gypsy

The wedding is on 25th October - 7 weeks today!
I'm going shopping with my mum this afternoon to see if we can get her an outfit but she's terrible to take clothes shopping as she's one of these people that thinks nothing looks quite right, even when it looks great.   If she finds a top she actually thinks is ok, she buys it in every colour they have so she can wear it all the time. Fingers crossed that we can get her something she loves! There's a first time for everything

Reply 2310#2310 gypsiegirl66's post

We're not really using fall colours, it's all going to be green and white. We needed to save money as flowers are so expensive and I love green so we decided to go with lots of foliage with a few white flowers. The bridesmaids are wearing dark green.
My mum found an outfit although now she's got it home she's doubting it - even though we all think it looks great! I just hope she doesn't feel uncomfortable on the day!

Let me know if I go on to much - after all there's still 7 weeks to go and I don't want to bore everyone!

Congratulations Shinny! How many nieces/nephews do you have already?

Reply 2329#2329 shinny's post

Ah, I'm sure they are!

I should have a new cousin in about a month and I'm really looking forward to it - it's the first time anyone I'm close to has had a baby since I was about 13 (when my last cousin was born.) We're just hoping that everything goes well so that mum and baby can both be at the wedding, and if it's a girl she'll have to be an honorary bridesmaid as I'm having my other two female cousins and wouldn't want to leave one out!

Reply 2333#2333 bala's post

My fiance is an accountant - I'm never sure exactly what it is he does all day!

Reply 2337#2337 bala's post

Ah, which one are you?

All I know is that he works for an accounting firm and is not often in the office but gets sent all over the place to other companies. I have to admit that I never ask him questions about his job, which is terrible because he's always taking a interest in what I do! (Mind you, that is mostly because he likes reading some of the funny things that the kids I teach have written!)

If you say so! I'm sure you probably know better than me!

Everyone has got things to learn - am sure you'll be playing with the big boys ( ) in no time

Reply 2345#2345 themegababe's post

The thing I worried about most when starting work was that I would let it take over and affect my personal life - I guess that's probably even tougher when dealing with emotions all day, knowing how to leave it behind when you go home and enjoy your life outside of your job.

This discussion is very interesting, if a little on the serious side!

Free healthcare is great, as are good doctors. Unfortunately, the last doctor I saw was horrible and I got home and cried as he was so rude and unhelpful! (I was feeling low anyway, I would normally have just been angry!)
He made me feel like I was wasting his time being there but I had been to an emergency doctor a couple of days before who treated me and was lovely, but said I should see a doctor from my own practice as soon as I could!

Thread