Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

LOL that's funny! Luckily my husband's like yours Meg, he will ask - if we get desperate enough!

Reply 1960#1960 waterlilybarb's post

Oh men are huuuuge gossips but hate to admit it, they think it makes them seem girlie!

Reply 1967#1967 shinny's post

Yikes to your chest infection and the cost of visiitng your doc! Hope you get well soon!

Hi Mel, hi everyone!

I've been busy with work and life too, so I've just been popping on and off.

It is super hot here in Italy, though they say temperatures should fall back down starting tomorrow. We shall see...I was just starting to get used to having summer around already!

I definitely think baby shower gifts should be PRACTICAL - a lot of my friends/family are pregnant or new parents and I know they appreciate diapers and basic stuff the most. Of course, some colored toys to stimulate the baby's intelligence can't hurt either!

Reply 1973#1973 shinny's post

LOL yes indeed! When and if I ever have kids I absolutely would want to know the sex! I don't  think you need to paint a room all pink or blue or anything like that, but I think it would just drive me nuts not knowing!

Reply 1975#1975 bala's post

I see you caved in and got a busy little signature line down there Bala!!

I definitely respect people not wanting to know and waiting for a surprise, but I just think for myself that the "surprise" of a birth is meeting this new child - seems surprise enough for me!

Reply 1977#1977 bala's post

LOL well that's true, though there is movement in it!!

Here in Italy they actually don't have showers (wedding or baby) at all and I find it so sad! Not only does it make it more difficult for parents who may not have a lot of money (4 people chipping in a stroller costs much less than 2 poor parents having to buy one, on top of everything else!). There are no baby registries either - and wedding registries is a fairly new phenomenon. I think the next friend who has a baby, I should start a shower trend!

Yeah, I definitely am thinking I should introduce the tradition - also because baby stuff is SO expensive here - ridiculously expensive!

Two of my closest friends are pregnant, and one of them will be having a co-ed baby shower this summer when I'm visiting so I get to go! Yay! Anyway, I also like the idea of having it be co-ed and my husband is happy to go, but a lot of my friends' husbands refuse.Don't you think that's silly, and sexist? My friend also made a point of saying there aren't going to be any games and they will be serving beer as well!

Reply 1997#1997 waterlilybarb's post

Agh, you totally don't need that stress right now, but like Meg and you both said, at least you are excited to move!

Sorry if you've repeated this a trillion times but I don't think I know where you're moving to?

Reply 2009#2009 waterlilybarb's post

Haha - love you meez!!

I have a friend who lives in Ontario but I can't remember where exactly. (yeah, that was useful...not like Ontario's *big* or anything lol!). I'm glad you're going to be living in a place that feels like 'home' to you, that's not always easy to achieve! And I have to say, kudos to you that you're going to be living with your mom - I think my mom and I would murder each other living in the same house again!!

Reply 2011#2011 waterlilybarb's post

Oh I am the same way - as much as I like anybody, if I don't get some alone time I'm an absolute horror to have to deal with!!

That's so nice about you and your mother - that's a rare and precious gift!

Reply 2055#2055 silver1978's post

Shannon, I hope everything is ok with her, my best wishes for a quick recovery!

Welcome 'back' Arielle! I've been very busy myself, but it's always nice to come back here where everyone welcomes you back with open arms!!

Reply 2063#2063 waterlilybarb's post

Aww thanks! It's Sunday so that's good because it's the weekend, but not good as I was hoping my weekend would be longer!!

How are you feeling today Barb?

Hi all! Just popping on in the middle of a crazy work week - and a HOT work week! It's boiling over here in Italy, though I can't really complain after all my moaning about the rain we had for 3 months straight!

How's life in the giggle box?

Reply 2088#2088 imarielle626's post

I can definitely relate about the whole culture shock thing Arielle - it's not easy, but it does get easier with time. Just remember that all this makes you a better and stronger person.

Reply 2094#2094 themegababe's post

That drives me crazy about the States  too - people can't even walk a single block without taking the car out!! I didn't realize it at first but now every time I go back it's something that I'm really aware of - that and the size of U.S. gas-guzzling cars!

Reply 2097#2097 waterlilybarb's post

My father's theory is that North Americans just keep getting fatter and fatter to fit into their jumbo cars better hehe!

Reply 2102#2102 waterlilybarb's post

Sort of a chicken-or-the-egg conundrum! Which came first, fat cars or fat people to fit in them!?? haha!

It's HOT here today, I imagine the same with you Barb?

Reply 2105#2105 penny3760's post

Hi Penny!

I know not all North Americans are fat - I'm North American and I'm not fat - so I know I was generalizing (for humor's sake!). However, I don't think it's only about computers. I sit in front of a computer all day long at work but still manage to get exercise and eat well. Basically, it's a mix of things, as it often is, which makes a large and growing (no pun intended) population of N. Americans obese.

My childhood was like cshapiro's: we were always outside, rode our bikes, no videogames. Sure, we ate McDonald's and ice cream and candy, but our daily energy level just seemed higher!

Thread