28 12
Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Loved the 3 episodes so far.... the girls all looking pretty but farting up a storm

Arthur previous to episode three reminded me a lot of Arthur when he first met Merlin (in other words an ass... or clotpole lol) but was very pleased to see he knew it wasn't Merlin!

Great episode, Arthur's still a prat to Merlin, loved him getting jealous at the end watching Gwaine and Gwen

BTW who was Gwaine in the legends?

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Cheers! Very helpful

LOL I totally forgot to mention.... I love that Merlin got noticed as good looking for once instead of Arthur!

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-9-2010 23:20  
Well Merlin shouldn't of save morganna .
He shouldn't have but I can understand after watching Arthur and Uther walking around like she was about to die any minute, plus the season would probably get boring without the Morgana/Morgause story lines every now and then.
I noticed Merlin never mentioned about the image of Morgana on the throne with a crown (I'm assuming it'd be a queen's crown) which was the first image.
Big shock about Uther and Morgana!! Now I know why the writers didn't go along with Arthur/Morgana possibly being married in the future in first episode during the feast in hall, other than them acting like brother and sister straight after wards LOL
I'm wondering if everything in this episode from Morgana to Dragon will come back to bite Merlin in the ass

just remembered something about Arthurian legend but not sure if it's real or something added to another Merlin/Arthur story.... doesn't Morgana sleep with Arthur and have a child? or was that just in TV movie Merlin?

[ Last edited by moppybrody at 10-10-2010 02:46 ]

wasn't sure where to post this but didn't want to make a whole thread about something I noticed.

Was watching S4 of Heroes and had a flashback of Isaac Mendez (from S1) and realized where I knew Lancelot from LOL had to double check on IMDB and sure enough
I knew from the start of Merlin when Lancelot popped up that I've seen him before

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 10-10-2010 05:05  
No actually Aurthur slept with Morgana's sister Morgouse and they had the child Mordred.  It's illigitimate and Morgouse is his half sister.  All very gross.

Source
ahhh see, all these Arthurian movies/tv shows I've seen are similar but making each their own and I don't have a clue which is closer to the truth lol

Thanks for the answer arksongbird80

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-15-2010 13:03  
I love the way Merlin back chats Arthur and that would of been ironic if Morgana had killed Uther with the dagger he brought her and Uther asking Gaius to use sorcery to save Morgana was a surprise
very surprised, from the first word he hinted at I was all
Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-15-2010 22:09  [url=redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=154564&ptid=12109][/url]
Well when we found out she was his daughter i wasn't
I was more than when he asked Gaius to save her by means of magic!

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-16-2010 22:37  
Well Arthur was about to get married to the fairy but Merlin saves the day and it was great to see Merlin use his power starf
I enjoyed this episode the most so far this season, Merlin saying how gross when he found out about the.... nursemaid's attentions to Gaius and saying if she kissed him

Loved the action *nods @ Bala's post* definitely Merlin using the staff

I could go on and on about every detail of this episode.... think I'm in love

Reply 32#32 bala's post

the nursemaid? I remember her from Romeo and Juliet (funny, she was a nursemaid to Juliet in that too)

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 25-10-2010 17:02  

I think that's great from actress point of view since she has mastered that look but i wonder how long it took her to master that look in the mirror?
Yes but who told her she finally mastered it?

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 24-10-2010 20:23  
Well Gwen brother get captured and used as leverage to get Arthur but thanks Merlin he is safe but Morganna is really try kill Arthur it strange seeing her be so evil. She still has no idea Merlin has ...
I had an slight feeling Morgana might've found out about Merlin's secret, but alas no... thank heavens.

Great episode, loved how long it took Merlin to get the hint to get out of there

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 25-10-2010 19:54  

Your mean
I can't even remember what I was going to write instead of that, glad I didn't though if that's what you call mean

Reply 45#45 bala's post

I actually like the idea of Gwen knowing that Morgana isn't what she seems, I'm wondering if she's gonna find out about Merlin as well soon?

Reply 48#48 bala's post

he's turning into a bit of a turd again isn't he?

If I was Merlin, I'd get p'd off at him and rant about how much I do for him and that I'll be by his side until the end but I can't tell him because I'll get killed I'd never have lasted 3 seasons

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 2-11-2010 00:49  
@moppybrody:  Gosh I hope so. Now that Gwen is in the loop, maybe the story line will move along a bit more.
my thoughts exactly!

but then again.... if Gwen knows before Arthur then Arthur finds out about Merlin's magic and that Gwen knows, I don't think he'll be a very happy chappy

[ Last edited by moppybrody at 11-2-2010 21:11 ]

Reply 52#52 bala's post

as soon as I heard the bells I was thinking "Gaius saved her again" but then thats what you do for your loved ones

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 14-11-2010 22:14  
Well again Merlin disturbs Mogana plan she must really get tired of her plans failing you almost feel sorry for her
especially when she doesn't know how its happening or who's doing it!

Quote:
Originally posted by spratt89 at 14-11-2010 22:40  
I cant wait for the season finale, I have read what the 2 part finale is about and I get the feeling it will be the best episodes of Merlin to date.
That's after next weeks!!! On no it's nearly over....

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 15-11-2010 05:19  
Merlin risking everything to save Gwen was nice but being stuck as a wizard was funny
I couldn't stop giggling, even realised that I do that stupid gigglesnort when I can't stop which is frightening

Merlin is such an awesome friend!

28 12
Thread