Thread
Printable Version

Flash Vs Realplayer

Flash sux

Really annoyed Flash has taken away MY right to choose the screen size I want. Now its either tiny with rubbish all around OR enormous full screen with poor definition. After so many years with VIP I might be forced to join another site if this size issue cannot be fixed. Will be VERY sad to leave PS: Well I cant watch my shows anyway, the visual is unbelivably choppy, so bad that its unwatchable. Just great, thks a bunch VIP Never heard of DONT FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN

Flash

Is Flash supposed to be able to forward load on pause like Real Player could or doesn't it do that either...does anyone know? I ask because playback pauses every 2 seconds I am on Chrome and my download speed is 27.66Mbps which should be ample but apparently not for Flash.! jane

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

So you're saying - yes Flash will forward load....I've left it on pause and it didn't seem to forward load at all. Will try again but this time leave it for longer and let you know. Thank you jane

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Hi Again, Good and bad news. I have done as you suggested and yes eventually they forward load BUT I can only watch smoothly in the tiny window, when I watch full screen it plays like stop motion animation...horrible. Still at least now I can watch something thanks entirely to you. I hope the administrators are working on some of the problems with Flash and not just installing Flash and walking away. Thank you again for your help as I wasn't relishing the thought of leaving a site I'd been with for so many years.

Reply 43#43 waterlilybarb's post

I didn't just become skeptical all of the sudden, there is a clear attitude coming across from the replies, and it seems to be "Flash is what the site is going with - end of discussion" & I know I'm not the only one to pick up on that 'vibe'. On a happier note, thank you to all involved with the creation of the pop out window.

Reply 45#45 lbjedward's post

Hi Lbjedward My speed doesn't seem to be the issue (37.87M/bs download,1.13 upload and 34 ping) nor the memory - ample free. PC is Pentium 4 - 2.8 GHz Not sure about the video card - the spec for Video Graphics is Ultra AGP II integrated VGA (equal to AGP 8X for 2D/3/d apps) **Please don't ask me what all that means - I have no clue.** I had no probs with playback in RP and only have an issue with Flash in larger window. Do I need to buy or upgrade something?? It doesn't seem so but I'm no PC tech. Thanks for your time, Jane PS - how the heck did you guys copy and past that speed test...soooo cool, can't figure it out....lol

Reply 67#67 woothdye's post

hmmmm well this Pentium 4 had zero issues with Real Player....none, nada, zilch. Worked perfectly. Neither speed nor memory are an issue so that leaves Flash. Seems hsgreenb has a very update, powerful PC set up and he's having problems with Flash. I do not believe you can call it an "upgrade" if the new system cannot perform as well as the previous....whatever the reason for the lack of performance.

Reply 69#69 rickman's post

Hey Rickman, thanks for your post but I already am on Chrome

ccleaner

Hi All Anyone reading the Flash player threads knows I've had nothing BUT problems. Today on youtube I found a video called How to use ccleaner. I watched the video, found and downloaded ccleaner then ran the application. Have no idea what I fixed but the end result is I CAN FINALLY PLAY FLASH...woo hoo. Don't know if this helps you but thought I should share. Good Luck All, hope this helps someone else. cheers Jane

Thread