Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 2938#2938 studiojek's post

Pretty much everything, since last week was spent in bed with flu.  I need to paint and unpack.  I also need to sort out some shelving as I don't have any book shelves now , and do have heaps of book.  There's going to be a town sale in one of the little towns nearby soon and I'll go check things out there to see what I can find.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 2940#2940 studiojek's post

With everything I've had to do these past few months, I'm not at all surprised that I got sick.  I thought I was better, but it's still hanging on.

A town sale is when the whole town puts on a garage/yard sale.  I've not been before but my friend says it's well organized.  I'll tell you more about it once I go.  I'm rather curious to see how they do it myself.

Reply 2942#2942 studiojek's post

Just asked about it again today and I think it's being held the 1st weekend in June.  Should be good, and I'm hoping to find the things I need for my apartment.  I'm especially in need of storage space, ie: shelving, etc.  I'm bound to find more quality things there within my budget than just buying cheapo things at the store.

Reply 2944#2944 bala's post

I hate living in chaos (and out of boxes), so it would be nice to get my place in order.  Then I'll really be able to relax.

Hello!

With so many new people checking into the forum re: the upgrades, I wanted to let any of the gals out there know that this thread is open for any "girlies" to post in.  Reading some of the posts it may seem like there are only a few of us in here, but I know that many read the thread.  Feel free to post in here if you like.  We love having someone new join in our chat.  There isn't much special, but it becomes so if you hang around.

WELCOME NEWCOMERS!

Reply 2947#2947 philryk's post

Nice to have you in the giggle box!  I remember you from before, but life does keep us busy doesn't it?  

Glad you stopped in to say hello.  Help yourself to the virtual goodies.  We like to think there's always a cuppa waiting for anyone who stops in, and if you have a favourite biscuit (cookie) I'm sure it's here somewhere.

Reply 2949#2949 philryk's post

I'm sure you can find some gluten free cookies for you.   I could go for a cuppa right about now myself.

I'll be hiding out under my rock today with another bloody migraine , so I'll catch anyone who pops in later.

Reply 2951#2951 philryk's post

Thanks Phil.  It's beginning to subside, but this is now going on 6 days.  Saw the GP today and will be getting some tests done, but this is ridiculous.  Had to medicate just enough so I could drive but not be impaired - so it was just enough to take the edge off the pain.  There HAS to be a better solution.  I'm looking into some alternative treatments, but some are just too expensive.  If I knew for sure they would work, and if it was something I wouldn't have to do or take all the time (if it's expensive) I'd spend the money.  Ain't life grand!  (Actually it is for the most part - I just don't enjoy being in constant pain.)

Strikes

The city workers where I live have been on strike now for a couple months.  The worst part of that is there is no garbage pick up.   I don't create a lot of trash, but the previous tenant left a pile out back - right next to where I park my car.  It's SO gross.  The municipality has finally been ordered (this week) to keep the dump open so people can bring their own garbage there (for free - they were charging), but if you go you have to cross the picket line, which is not pleasant.  It's getting hotter and more humid, and many people have seen an increase in rats.  If this doesn't get settled soon I dread to think what the summer is going to be like.

Reply 2954#2954 writemako's post

Welcome to the giggle box!  We love when new people post in here...even those that have been members for ages.

I'm looking forward to the sale next weekend, as I've never heard of one before either.  I held a moving sale about a month ago to get rid of the bigger items (and other things I didn't need anymore) before I moved.  Now that I'm in my new place I wish I would have put a few more things in the sale...but some of them were already packed.  I made out pretty well an it helped pay for the cost of moving.  I'm really on the lookout for some nice bookshelves and other storage solutions.  I figure I'll get more bang for my buck (and better quality items) at the sale than I would if I tried to buy new.

I'm still fighting this migraine, though it's a little better today.  You're correct in how to tell the difference between a tension headache & a migraine.  I've had both, but get migraines more frequently.  For me I find that pain meds (like tylenol) work pretty well for tension headaches - even bad ones, whereas not much can stop the migraine if I don't catch it before the pain starts.  

I was contemplating going to the dump this evening, but I just can't face it today.  I don't like to cross picket lines, but I was just reading some comments from the local paper and it looks like the picketers aren't causing trouble for those dropping trash off.  I hope it stays that way.  I may just call someone with a pickup truck & pay them to take the initial load away.  It's been there for over a month, and because it's not my garbage I'm more hesitant to want to touch it.  Some are doing it for only $5, so it would be worth it to have it gone.

Reply 2956#2956 writemako's post

I take B vitamins, but not just a B2.  I actually forgot to pick up a new bottle of my normal ones yesterday.  I'll try the B2 though, as it sure can't hurt - whether or not it helps with the migraines.  I've spent much of the week in a dark quiet room.  It's not so bad at the moment, which is why I can be online.

Reply 2958#2958 gabsimom's post

You're spot on Tina.  If I thought your suggestion would work I'd be online right now shopping for snake venom.  

BTW, your meez is lookin' very cute.

Reply 2960#2960 imarielle626's post

Nice to have you back in the giggle box Arielle.   

How did your trip to Israel go?  Was your group able to get a lot done?  Also, what kind of work are you doing for the summer?  Something related to the medical field, or just something to earn some $$?

Reply 2962#2962 imarielle626's post

I remember how much you wanted to go & help in Sderot, so that's really nice you got to go to the dedication ceremony for the secure playground.  I'm glad your trip went well.

Also, great summer job.  That should be interesting to see just how the shop owners/workers can help spread awareness.  Your summer ought to be very interesting & I'm sure you'll learn a lot and meet some cool people.

Reply 2964#2964 penny3760's post

Glad you're feeling better Penny.  It's never fun being under the weather.  I'm still not 100% myself, but am a bit better today.  Hoping it just continues to get better.

Reply 2966#2966 studiojek's post

I was just thinking you should be due about now.   How are you feeling?  You must be getting excited - along with ready for the pregnancy to be over.

The sale is next Saturday, so I'm hoping to feel better by then.  The migraine seems mostly gone, but I feel a tension headache brewing, which might retrigger it.   I REALLY need a magic wand, as living in the chaos of boxes is NOT helping.  I have to paint this week - no matter if I feel well or not.

Reply 2968#2968 woothdye's post

Welcome to the giggle box Woothdye!  You're more than welcome to chat in here.

Reply  2970#2970 studiojek's post
LOL!  You're not wrong there...especially newborns.  What an exciting time you have in store though.  As Peter Pan would say, 'To be a parent would be an awfully big adventure.'    If you happen upon a magic wand, feel free to pass it my way.

Reply  2971#2971 writemako's post
I'm glad your sale went well in spite of the bad weather, and you got to enjoy a tasty meal.
Sorry to hear about your knee.  That does not sound pleasant AT ALL.  I hope it improves for you.  I also hope Barry stays healthy.  Pets are so lovely.  Those dear little creatures sure become part of our families quickly - and we worry about their health as much as our own, don't we?

I'm off to do some more painting in my apartment.  The migraines seem to have abated, so I'm taking advantage of the oportunity to get things done.  Plus, even though it's latex paint, it tends to make me feel ill, so I figured I might as well do it while I still don't feel 100%.  No sense wasting a really good day making myself sick. lol

Reply 2973#2973 themegababe's post

The move went fairly smoothly, which was a great blessing, considering we were crossing the border (and one never knows what might happen).  I've started painting this week.  Once the living room is painted I'll be able to finish unpacking the things for it, and have 1 room done.  The next rooms to be painted & unpacked properly are the kitchen & bathroom.  Can't wait until it's ALL done.  It will be nice to feel settled again.

Reply 2975#2975 studiojek's post

I didn't notice Meg's comment about quitting school.  Wow!  I was tired when I read (and missed) that.  Hope all is going well.  

The living room is going to have 1 burgundy wall (actually, its called claret - quite pretty), and the other walls will be a soft almost heather grey colour.  I can't remember what it was called, but it has a slight purple undertone which goes nicely with the claret.  The way my place is laid out there isn't a lot of natural light in the living room, so I wanted to keep it airy feeling while still having colour.  Today I plan to touch up the primer on the walls that will be lighter, and hopefully get them painted.  Then I'll tackle the other wall tomorrow or Sunday afternoon.

I haven't decided on the colours for the kitchen & bathroom yet.  I plan to go to Home Depot and see what they have in the "oops" paint to try and get something nice but cheap.    My bedroom I'm doing a darker colour - it's a nice green (which a friend is giving me) and is one of the colours in my duvet cover.  The other colours on the duvet are jewel tones, so I plan to accent using a gold framed mirror I have, and getting some hanging beads to hide the closet in the brighter colours.

Trying to keep it cheap and cheerful.  Looking forward to Saturday, and hoping to find some good stuff at the sale.

How are you feeling - Mrs. Preggo?  Well, I hope.

Reply 2977#2977 bala's post

No, it wasn't a joke.  She did quit school.

Thread