Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1847#1847 studiojek's post

Thanks!  I'm doing the best I can.  At least I was able to shower today.  YAY!  Small victory for me.    I'm still not well enough to actually watch anything...which is frustrating, because I REALLY want to watch the new Battlestar Galactica.  It will still be here when I feel better, and i know it's not worth the risk, but it's still a bummer.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1849#1849 meljones_83's post

Thanks Mel!   I'm being good, and have been offline most of the afternoon, and will wait until tomorrow (hopefully) to watch the new BSG.  The "feel better" vibes are being felt all the way across the ocean, and though I still feel a bit rough, I'm at least able to stomach some real food today, and am well enough to stand long enough to make it.   It doesn't sound like much, but after the week I've had, little victories are delightful.

And studio - I'm resting...pretty much about all I can do, apart from the little bit I just mentioned.  I HAVE heard all sorts of remedies, and there a couple I still haven't been able to find to try, but not much works for the really bad ones...especially if I can't catch them before they become full blown.  It's a bit like riding out a storm and just holding on for dear life - thankfully, I always come out the other side - a little worse for wear, but in one piece.

I'm off again to rest some more.  Enjoy your evening girls!

Reply 1852#1852 penny3760's post

Thank you Penny.   I can say the same about you.  You come here with an, albeit virtual, smile on your face and always make me smile.  You're right, it's no fun to live with pain.  I'm fortunate in that mine hasn't become constant - though during those bad times, it seems it.  

I'm finding that I can be a bit abrupt with people when I'm suffering a great deal, which is something I have to be careful of.  In person, people can see my face, and can tell my manner is due to my pain, but online people take every word at face value.  I'm working on that.   

Thank goodness, my head is OK today.  The rest of me is another matter, but when my head isn't pounding it's easier to cope with the rest.   I hope you're having a fairly decent day yourself.

Reply 1854#1854 munch's post

Unfortunately I've had them since I was a teen, but they have gotten worse over the years - especially as my general health has declined.  I have the misfortune of having the predisposition to them handed down on both sides of my family tree.  Lucky girl, me!    This time of year & when we change from summer to winter (with a couple weeks of autumn) are usually the worst, as the vast fluctuations in barometric pressure are one of my main triggers.  I avoid the triggers I can control, but can't do much about the weather.  C'est la vie.

Reply 1860#1860 studiojek's post

With my fingers, as my Gran used to say.   

Reply 1864#1864 gypsiegirl66's post

Nice to have you back home!

Reply 1868#1868 studiojek's post

You can even eat it for breakfast if you want.

Reply 1870#1870 gypsiegirl66's post

I DID sleep.  YAY!  I'm just fighting off an oncoming migraine, but what's new?

Other than that, I'm not too bad today.  The sleep did me a world of good, even though it took extra meds to knock me out.  I slept through my alarm and didn't get up until after 1pm, and I fell asleep around 3am, so that's pretty good.   

Reply 1872#1872 gypsiegirl66's post

Yes, the pages are loading quite slow today.  Maybe the techs are doing some behind the scenes maintenance.  It's a pain in the bum though.  If that twinge lingers - well, you know what I'm going to say.

I got the Babylon 5 About & Guides posted though, in spite of the slow loading.  Another thing crossed off my to-do list.  YAY!

Reply 1874#1874 gypsiegirl66's post

I hear ya' sister!

Reply 1877#1877 studiojek's post

Thanks studio.  This time of year is always a challenge.  Everything changes so quickly that my body doesn't have time to catch up, and gets thrown into a tizzy.   I'm fighting another migraine - nothing new there - and am really hoping it will rain.  I think we're in for a thunderstorm (YAY!) which would be great, since I often feel much better after one.   Plus, I love them.

Reply 1880#1880 bala's post

If you're still living at your parents house, the least you can do is help with the yard work.  Cutting the grass was one of my chores when I lived at home.  I'm sure your parents appreciate it, and it won't do you any harm to get outside and get a it of "fresh" air into your lungs..though not knowing what part of England you live in, I'm not so sure just how fresh the air is.   I enjoy gardening, but don't have the energy for it, plus I live in an apartment building, so there's no yard.  I imagine I'll be gardening next summer, since I'll be living up north.  With the prices of everything rising, we'll most likely put in a veggie garden.  

Reply 1883#1883 shinny's post

Sounds nice.   Where my Mum currently lives we have to use a riding mower since the yard is about 2 acres big.  Then we have to use the regular push mower to do the areas around the house, since it's on a hill.  When I move up there, we'll be living somewhere else.  That's far too much work for either of us anymore...though I used to love it.  I'm hoping for a decent sized yard that's flat so we can have a nice veggie patch.  It would be nice to have a flower bed in the front too, as I do love how flowers brighten up a house and make it look cheerier.

Reply 1885#1885 shinny's post

Living in an apartment, I don't have one, but I live half a block away from one of the nicest parks in the city.  It has more than 10,000 plants, and from early spring when the crocuses peek out right until late autumn when the snow flies, it's always bursting with colour.  I love taking walks through it, especially in the evening.    The scent is so fragrant, you'd hardly know you were in the most polluted cty in the country.

Reply 1891#1891 bala's post

Shinny's right.  Cooking is something everyone should know how to do, even if it's just the basics.  No one's saying you should become a chef, but basic kitchen skills are handy.  If you plan on having children someday (which I suspect you do), it would set them a good example to know that their dad can cook.  Even if your future wife does most of the cooking, what a great way to surprise her - or your Mum for that matter - by cooking a simple meal as a treat.  My Mum is the only girl from a family of 6.  All 5 boys could cook.  Some loved it, some didn't, but none of them had to order take-out everyday when their wives were ill or away.  And all of the kids - me & my brother included - are pretty good cooks.  Even my Grandad could cook a meal for him &  my Gran if he needed to.  It wasn't as tasty as hers, but it was edible and it showed how much he cared when he could see she wasn't feeling well.

Reply 1893#1893 bala's post

You should know how to use the stove & oven, and be able to make at least one meal (for supper) properly - you can choose whatever type of food you like.  My Grandad could make a decent homemade soup, and could fry eggs.  Other than that he could open a tin or heat leftovers, but the soup was what made me smile, as it involved a bit of effort.    

Reply 1896#1896 themegababe's post

Good for you Meg!  Easy meals are the best, as they're generally cheaper than fast food and faster than takeout and healthier than both.

Bala - I'm sure your Mum must have some simple recipes that you enjoy.  Everyone's taste is different.  Here, I know a lot of men who enjoy barbecuing, but if there's a dish you really like, you're more apt to learn it and make it from time to time, whether it be a traditional dish, or something like the girls mentioned.  It can even be fun, as you have a feeling of accomplishment when you've done it.

Reply 1898#1898 gypsiegirl66's post

I'm with Red.  When I read your post, I realized I hadn't eaten yet, so I made myself a very tasty salad.  I was going to make it chicken salad, but as it gotten so late I opted to add almonds to it for protein instead.  It sure was good, but your pasta dish had my mouth watering.  That's something I like to make too, especially in the warmer weather.  It's quick, tasty and nutritious - what could be better.  I'll have to keep it in mind for one of those days when I can't think of what to make - made all the more challenging by my general lack of appetite, but hey, a girl's gotta eat.

Reply 1901#1901 casper27's post

That's not bad (minus the black pudding - ICK) every now & again, but Bala's right, that's what I call a heart attack on a plate.   I have the occasional drink - always in moderation, so thankfully I've never been in need of the hangover breakfast, but I like a good fry up once in a while.  I sometimes do it for supper (or tea) rather than breakfast, since I'm more of a fruit and muesli girl for breakfast...with a nice strong cup of tea, of course.

Reply 1905#1905 casper27's post

Well I hope your fry up has you feeling better in no time.

Thread