Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 2811#2811 waterlilybarb's post

I'll keep my fingers crossed that he'll be able to help you!

Reply 2813#2813 waterlilybarb's post

I'm thinking about you, sending positive energy to get you through this difficult time. I wish I could help you. It's frustrating not being able to!
I make lists of everything I have to do, and then concentrate on one thing at the time.
Don't be afraid to ask for help. People are more willing to help than we might think.
And remember, you're NOT a grouch!

[ Last edited by serena75 at 4-8-2009 14:55 ]

It's my birthday!

It's my birthday today! I'm 34 now, but don't feel a day older than 25...

Thanks Dan and Shinny!

Reply 2822#2822 gypsiegirl66's post

Thanks gypsy!

Reply 2861#2861 waterlilybarb's post

I'm so happy the yard sale went well, Barb!

Reply 2880#2880 gabsimom's post

Congratulations Tina!

Reply 2889#2889 waterlilybarb's post

Good to hear, Barb!

Reply 2934#2934 waterlilybarb's post

Like a kid in a candy store... that was how I felt when I first found this site too
Welcome back, Barb

Reply 3028#3028 waterlilybarb's post

People seem to think that about Sweden too. But it's actually warm during the summer. Right now (8 pm) it's 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) in the shade. It's about the same indoors. We don't have AC, and I'm melting away...

Reply 3099#3099 shinny's post

Great pictures, Shinny. Thanks for sharing them with us

Barb: If you'll feel better, it'll be worth the hassle. I've been eating food free from gluten, lactose, soy and egg (and some other things as well) for many years. If you need any pointers, let me know
Tina: Interesting to read about Ramadan, and how you deal with the fasting during your pregnancy.
To everyone: I'm on facebook too. If you want to add me, send me a PM. Be prepared for some Swedish though. Just ask Barb

Reply 3104#3104 waterlilybarb's post

I wish I could help you with the painting and unpacking. A bit far to travel though
So sorry to hear you're having a migraine day. Hope you'll get better soon.

Reply 3106#3106 waterlilybarb's post

I'm also sensitive to the weather changing, and know what you mean. I had a migraine day myself here the other day and wondered why, but then the weather changed and I knew why I was feeling the way I did. My husband said that he didn't have to check the weather forecast anymore, he could get the forecast just by asking how I was feeling
We don't get hurricanes that often here. I think the last one was in 2007. Three people died, so the warnings shouldn't be taken lightly.

Just realized that I've been a member for over a year now

Edit: Thanks, Barb for the present

[ Last edited by serena75 at 8-25-2009 22:08 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Here's a present for your anniversary. 8-25-2009 13:06

Reply 3116#3116 shinny's post

Thanks Shinny. It's been a great year

Reply 3117#3117 waterlilybarb's post

ROFL Barb. This is one of the friendliest sites I've ever been to. Can't think of a better way to spend my time online

Reply 3120#3120 gabsimom's post

Thanks and congratulations, Tina! Picking a name can't be easy, but I guess you have some time to think about it.

Reply 3122#3122 nye87's post

Thanks Jannah! It's been great, but sometimes frustrating. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to watch everything I want to watch And sometimes I get frustrated when I can't hear exactly what they're saying. I'm used to watching foreign movies and shows with subtitles, and I've noticed that I tend to get a bit lazy when there are subtitles
I also find it interesting to read about people from different parts of the world, their thoughts and feelings about things, what they're doing in their everyday life.
I've also learned some new English words and phrases, like the difference between it's and its. Never noticed that before. Or the meaning of "in the ballpark". I google it, and learn something new

Reply 3127#3127 bala's post

And there's always nighttime

Thread