46 123
Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 2553#2553 waterlilybarb's post

I know how you feel. I had to give up my dog for adoption a couple of years ago, because I couldn't give her the exercise that she needed (I have rheumatism, among other things). I felt terrible for a long time, but now I know I did the right thing. I'm sure you did too.

Reply 2563#2563 waterlilybarb's post

That was really nice of them

Reply 2565#2565 waterlilybarb's post

You're lucky to have found them. It makes it a lot easier for you and your mum.

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 30/12/2008 15:11  
Hello Mel!  Hope you're enjoying your first holidays as a Mrs.   I also hope you're feeling heaps better from that bug you had and are able to enjoy the time off.

I'm still in my pjs, but I still h ...
I'm not saying that we shouldn't help each other, but I was just thinking... would you feel the same way if it was a girl living next door?

Reply 2635#2635 shinny's post

That sounds great, shinny
I have three brothers, and my parents never made any exceptions between us either, but I sometimes feel that we do have different expectations on each other, for different reasons (not just gender).

Reply 2631#2631 cshapiro's post

It really warms my heart that you care for your wife the way you do

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 6/1/2009 03:30  
Yes, I would feel the same.  I was expected to help others when I was a teen, and I'm happy I did.  If I saw the neighbours had a daughter out shovelling rather than a son, I would know she was old en ...
Thank you for answering. Sorry if I offended you in any way, that was not my intention. Maybe your neighbor doesn't think you need any help, and that's why he's not offering. Just a thought.

I always try to offer my help to others, if I can. I have a different problem, though. I'm having difficulty accepting help from others. If someone asks me (no matter who it is) if I need help with something, I get really irritated. That's probably because I want to do things myself, and get frustrated if people think I can't do them. Maybe I'm just stubborn. Or maybe it has something to do with me coping with my rheumatism. It's not visible on the outside, but those who know about it often offer their help. But I'm working on letting others helping me

Reply 2644#2644 waterlilybarb's post

Being stubborn may have it's advantages too. I don't think I would even get out of bed in the morning, if I wasn't. But it has a downside too, of course.
I wasn't thinking about how it makes others feel when they're helping me, so thank you. To me, if feels like they're feeling sorry for me, and I really don't want that. But if it makes them feel better, just by helping me... then maybe I could accept the help

Reply 2646#2646 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you for your advice. I've had chronic illnesses for a long time, but never thought about it that way before. Say Thank You from me to your mother for me
I hope she will get better.

Reply 2660#2660 waterlilybarb's post

Good to hear from you, Barb. I'm thinking about you.

I had the flu last week, and got it back a few days ago. The cough is driving me crazy!

Reply 2729#2729 gypsiegirl66's post

Thanks Barb and Gypsy! I think the flu actually started three weeks ago, when I got the back pain. Some days have been better than others, otherwise I would've gone crazy by now. I'm so tired, I'm not sure I'm making the right decision about things.

Reply 2749#2749 studiojek's post

I agree on the puckering up. It's so funny

I still have a cough and am exhausted because of sleep deprivation. But I don't have a back pain anymore (fingers crossed) so I guess I'm getting better.

Barb, complain as much as you want to. Being sick myself, I know how you feel.
That was nice of your neighbor, to help you with the shoveling. Maybe you  can ask him again, if you're snowed in.

[ Last edited by serena75 at 3-1-2009 11:04 ]

Reply 2778#2778 waterlilybarb's post

That sounds great, Barb! I'm happy to hear that things are looking up for you

I've been frustrated too, to say the least. I feel like I've been sick for ages. Fever was back yesterday...

Reply 2780#2780 waterlilybarb's post

I hope so too. In fact, I've been hoping for an improvement for weeks now.
I haven't had the strength to be an active member on the forum and I miss that. But I've been watching a lot of shows

Finally! Not a day too soon, if you ask me.
How many people live there?

I'm off to bed. It's getting late here...

Reply 2782#2782 waterlilybarb's post

I lived in a small town like that for awhile, but it was a friendly town. On the other hand, I didn't have car trouble. Who knows what would've happened then...
Good luck with the auction and everything.

[ Last edited by serena75 at 4-1-2009 11:01 ]

Reply 2784#2784 waterlilybarb's post

I know what you mean. They are withdrawn, but friendly once you get to know them. I grew up in a (much larger) town like that. I always felt that I didn't belong there. I know others who've said the same thing.

That sounds great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Reply 2787#2787 shinny's post

Congrats! I became an auntie too last week.

Reply 2797#2797 waterlilybarb's post

That's great news, Barb!

Reply 2809#2809 waterlilybarb's post

Maybe a yard sale indoors? Maybe you can give some of it away to charity? Or find a storage space somewhere, and wait until June to have the auction?

46 123
Thread