Thread
Printable Version

TV Show News & Ratings

'Beautiful Life', 'Cougar Town' add to casts

Gal Gadot has reportedly joined the cast of Ashton Kutcher-produced The Beautiful Life.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 24-year-old actress will play the recurring role of a top supermodel called Olivia in the CW drama series.

In other freshmen casting news, Nick Zano has been added to the cast of ABC's Courteney Cox-fronted comedy Cougar Town as the former Friends star's first boyfriend.

Cougar Town is slated to premiere Wednesday, September 23 on ABC, while The Beautiful Life makes its debut Wednesday, September 16 on The CW.

Source

'Drop Dead Diva' renewed!

Lifetime has renewed Drop Dead Diva for a 13-episode second season, after the show — about dead aspiring model Deb’s soul living life in the body of brilliant plus-sized attorney Jane (Brooke Elliott) — hit ratings highs with last Sunday’s sixth episode. I consider myself a huge fan for two reasons: 1) When Lifetime sent me episodes four through eight, I watched them in one sitting. (2) At the end of the episode 6, when Stacy (April Bowlby) kissed Jane’s lovestruck, new-to-Earth guardian angel Fred (Ben Feldman), and Grayson (Jackson Hurst), Deb’s ex-boyfriend who now works with Jane, joined her for dinner and said they could maybe finish a crossword puzzle together afterward, I applauded. In fact, I just rewatched the end of the episode on Lifetime’s site and clapped again. If you’ve got time and are in need of some more summer entertainment, I highly recommend checking out the show Sundays at 9 p.m. ET, or on Lifetime’s site, which has all the episodes.

Source

Barton's 'TBL' role 'mirrors her life'

The executive producers of The Beautiful Life have suggested that Mischa Barton's role on the series will mirror her own life.

Talking to E! Online, Mike Kelley said that the writers will not shy away from 'close-to-home' stories, despite Barton's recent troubles.

"I had that conversation with Mischa, and those stories were going to be told with or without Mischa being the actress in that role, so I just said I didn't want to be insensitive with what was happening with her," he said. "But at the same time I didn't want to not tell interesting and dramatic stories, and she was so game."

Fellow executive producer Karey Burke added: "There are things that we had planned on doing with Sonya's character that we did not shy away from at all.

"It's dealing with a character that is living her life in the spotlight, being hounded by the paparazzi, who is at a massive turning point in her career, where it's sort of make-it-or-break-it time, and there are things thematically where it's exactly what's going on with Mischa's life, and she's embracing all of them."

Kelley continued: "She had a rough go of it for a bit there. She's a kid. She's 23-years-old, and she's growing. Things are behind her that were negative, and she's really focused on the positive. She looks great, and her acting is terrific. She's very positive and excited, and so are we.

"We feel really, really lucky to have gotten past this and to have her on the show. Her character is integral to all the stories, so her character is not going anywhere and neither is Mischa."

Last year, Barton was charged with driving under the influence. Recently, the former O.C. actress was hospitalised following a suspected three-day cocaine binge. It was later reported that she had been sectioned after friends feared she was on the brink of suicide.

Source

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'House,' 'Bones,' 'Gossip Girl, 'Housewives,' and more!

Question: Give us a House spoiler, please! —Zachary
Ausiello: Cuddy knows that House made imaginary love to her last May. “It’s referenced in an upcoming episode,” House boss David Shore tells me. “She’s aware of it and she confronts him. She wants to know where all that stands.” That makes two of us.

Question: How long will Cameron and Chase hang on to their old jobs on House? —Jeff
Ausiello: “We don’t have a specific end in mind,” says Shore. “It appears to be temporary, but [there's] no specific end date.”

Question: It’s time for another clue about your gunshot victim blind item. —Daryl
Ausiello: The shooting will take place within the next seven days.

Question: What’s in store for Jane Krakwoski’s Jenna on 30 Rock this season? —Kimberly
Ausiello: Her career will literally start sucking when she lands the female lead in a second-rate Twilight franchise. “For tax reasons, they shoot it in Iceland and then they realize the sun doesn’t set,” explains exec producer Robert Carlock. “So they’re shooting a vampire movie without having light.” Genius.

Question: Thanks for the Bones scoopage last week, but it still hasn’t quenched my thirst. Got any more juicy gossip for me? —Bree
Ausiello: Here are two scoops about the Sept. 17 season premiere: The episode features a time jump that’s longer than two weeks but less than six months. And an MRI holds the answer to one of the show’s biggest questions.

Question: Is Roxie gone for good on Bones? I hope so. I want Angela with Hodgins. —Claire
Ausiello: “Rosie is out of the picture for now,” confirms series creator Hart Hanson, who adds that “Angela and Hodgins belong together every bit as much as Booth and Brennan — perhaps more. And they will get there. But it’ll be a rough, rough road.”

Question: Stop resisting the temptation and tell us: What does Chuck say after he kisses another guy on Gossip Girl? —KB
Ausiello: He says… Nope, can’t do it. Sorry.

Question: Please calm the storm in the Gossip Girl fandom and tell us if Chuck is going to be bisexual? —Bev
Ausiello: I’ll say this: The comment Chuck makes post-smooch… Nope, can’t do it. Sorry.

Question: où as tu appris le Français? ça fait bizzare et plaisir à la fois de te lire répondre à Xav. —Guillaume (un autre fan de Gossip Girl Français)
Ausiello: Je pense à prendre mes vacances de Noël en France. Tu pourrais me trouver un hébergement gratuit (et de préférence luxueux)?

Question: Anything else you can share about Chuck’s big kiss on Gossip Girl? —Nick
Ausiello: Scandal! The hottie he macks on has played gay before! Former soap star Neal Bledsoe recently shot a guest appearance on Californication as Hank’s vampire-lit loving student. His episode airs Oct. 4. (Not sure if he gets to first base with David Duchovny, but for the purposes of this story, let’s assume he does.)

Question: How about some Lie to Me bits? —Kate
Ausiello: The show will gradually delve into Lightman and Gillian’s burgeoning relationship. “That’s something we want to take slow,” says exec producer Shawn Ryan. “There is something between Cal and Gillian, and we’ll [explore] what those feelings are. I don’t want to promise we’ll necessary act on them right away, or even ever.”

Question: I read somewhere that Lightman is going to go “undercover” at a singles mixer on Lie to Me early in the season. What other aliases will he take on to trick his subjects this season? —Jenny
Ausiello: A former frat boy, a wannabe father at a fertility clinic, and an underworld hitman, to name just a few.

Question: The other night I dreamed that I kissed the actress Ming-Na at a huge banquet of some sort. She told me I tasted like donuts. No idea if that’s good or bad, but I can tell you she’s an awesome kisser. So, what do you think my chances are of doing the same in the real world? —Jack
Ausiello: Email me a recent face pic and I’ll forward it on to her. The things I do for you people.

Question: I was wondering if you had any Heroes scoop — preferably anything on Ali Larter’s character, Tracy. —Jason
Ausiello: In keeping with the season’s “Redemption” theme, “Tracy goes back to her old life working on the Hill, only to discover that she’s no longer driven by the same shallow rewards,” explains series creator Tim Kring. “She wants to make a difference in peoples’ lives.”

Question: Any word from your Friday Night Lights mole whether Kim Dickens will be back for any of Zach Gilford’s final seven episodes? She killed as Shelby last season and it’d be nice to see more Matt and mom bonding moments. —Mike
Ausiello: I’m told Kim will be back for at least two episodes. And I couldn’t agree more: Kim brought her A-game to FNL last season.

Question: Do you have any info on Drea de Matteo’s Desperate Housewives character? I heard some weeks ago that she was going to be a troublemaking vixen with an Edie-like personality. But the newest spoilers suggest she’s nothing like Edie. What’s the deal? —Addip
Ausiello: Let’s ask Marc Cherry. “I don’t see Drea as a replacement for Nicolette [Sheridan],” he says. “Her character is more a replacement for Neal [McDonough] in that she’s [the focus] of the new mystery.” Cherry goes on to describe Drea’s matriarch, Angie Bolen, as “a very loving but tough Italian woman who comes [to Wisteria Lane] with her husband and her kid. They’re running from something. We understand through her actions in the first couple of episodes that she’s a smart woman who will do what she has to to protect her family.”

Question: How about some Desperate Housewives‘ scoop about Bree’s romance with Karl. —M
Ausiello: Poor Orson won’t catch on to his wife’s affair — at least not at first. “We’re going to play him just not understanding what’s going on,” explains Cherry. “He finally gets wind of it and it’ll build to a shocking conclusion in our 10th episode. We’ve got an interesting cliffhanger involving the threesome.”

Question: I heard that Torchwood’s John Barrowman met with Desperate Housewives about a role. True? —Cody
Ausiello: Marc Cherry did meet with Barrowman, but “there is nothing specific planned at the present time,” says a Housewives insider. “But Marc is a huge admirer of [John's] work… and would be thrilled to have him on the show.”

Question: Will the Abby and McGee relationship go anywhere on NCIS this season? —Marysia
Ausiello: “There could be a little bit of “McAbby” this season in a very unexpected way,” teases exec producer Shane Brennan. “There is definitely some very interesting relationship things that are going to happen between them.”

Question: Do you have any spoilers about Supernatural? —Tracey
Ausiello: You’ll be thrilled to hear that Sam and Dean’s inability to maintain meaningful long-term relationships with the opposite sex will continue throughout season 5. “We’ve returned to a conceit that works for us and that the fans seem to be able to swallow without vomiting, which is that there’s a girl in every port,” says series creator Eric Kripke. “We certainly have a lot of guest star female love interests that the boys help save and interact with.  But at the moment, there are no plans for a longstanding romantic relationships.”

Question: Anything you can share about next Monday’s Weeds season finale? —James
Ausiello: There’s a cliffhanger, and it comes out of nowhere. (A hint can be found in the title of a song from Legally Blonde: The Musical.)

Source

'Star Trek' actress joins NBC's 'Mercy'

Former Star Trek: Voyager actress Kate Mulgrew has joined the cast of NBC's Mercy.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Mulgrew, who played Captain Kathryn Janeway in Voyager, will join as Jeannie Flanagan, the mother of lead character Veronica (Taylor Schilling).

In other recent casting news, Jesse Williams has signed up for a multi-episode arc on Grey's Anatomy and Matthew Levy has been tapped for a regular role on Fox's Sons Of Tucson.

Additionally, Michael Benjamin Washington has been added to NBC's midseason comedy 100 Questions and Nicole Ari Parker has replaced Sherri Saum on ABC's The Deep End.

Source

Davies gets 'Jonathan Creek' pay cut

Alan Davies has been hit with a pay cut after agreeing to star in a new episode of Jonathan Creek.

The 43-year-old actor will soon begin filming the one-off special, which is expected to air on BBC One next Easter.

Discussing the project on Twitter, he announced: "Just had a 25% pay cut on Jonathan Creek. The BBC are 'driving down talent costs'!"

Davies went on to insist that he is not annoyed over the decision. However, he later went public with concerns that the programme's quality could suffer, claiming that its design budget has been cut by "more than half".

A BBC spokesman told BBC News that the corporation would not comment on individual salaries.

In response to Davies's other remarks, the representative added: "It's absolutely not true the design budget has been cut by more than half.

"We are making efficiencies on this show just as on many others but it is not to the level that has been suggested."

Jonathan Creek returned to screens last December following a four-year break.

Source

Exclusive: 'Modern Family' adopts Edward Norton

This fall’s funniest new comedy now boasts one of this fall’s biggest casting coups: Edward Norton!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the two-time Oscar nominee has closed a deal to guest-star on ABC’s uproarious mockumentary Modern Family.

In the November episode, Norton will play the bassist of a famous band whom Claire (Julie Bowen) hires as an anniversary surprise for husband Phil (Ty Burrell).

What’s Norton’s Family connection? (C’mon, you knew there had to be one.) He worked with Burrell on The Incredible Hulk and the two share an agent. Also, rumor has it Norton watched the Modern Family pilot and loved it to the point of obsession. We’re talking watching it multiple times and memorizing every line kind of obsession.

You can see what all the fuss is about when Modern Family debuts Wednesday, Sept. 23.

Source

Mega Buzz on CSI: Miami, Fringe, Gossip Girl and More!

Since CSI: Miami's Adam Rodriguez is joining Ugly Betty, that cliff-hanger must not have worked out very well for Eric Delko, huh? — Jimmy
ADAM: Oh, ye of little faith, Jimmy. Eric Delko may be wandering around the Florida Everglades, but he's definitely still alive and even has a little more story to tell. "I didn't want to leave it on that note; I felt that would be cheating the fans," Rodriguez tells me. As a result, he'll appear in seven more episodes to give Delko a proper send-off. And for all you Calleighko 'shippers, yes, they will get closure.

As the title of the season finale hinted, will there really be two of everything this season on Fringe? — Matt
MICKEY: We posed this question to Blair Brown, who plays the cybernetic corporate shark Nina Sharp, and she thinks that's pretty much accurate. There are two realities, after all. But here's a question: How can Dr. Bell live over there? Why hasn't he bumped into his other self? We have no idea, but did Brown say too much when she revealed that Nina Sharp and William Bell can never be in the same room at the same time? Think about it.

Will NCIS: Los Angeles have the same comic zing as its predecessor? — Susan
ADAM: If NCIS is Coca-Cola, then NCIS: Los Angeles is clearly Diet Coke. Linda Hunt definitely adds some humor to the mix, but overall the new show lacks the quirkiness of the mothership. Maybe Chris O'Donnell's G. Callen will lighten up a bit once he stops sleeping on the sofa.

Does Gossip Girl plan to give Chuck and Blair a fair shot as a couple this season? And what about Nate and Serena? Can we expect a build-up for them? — Fernanda
MICKEY: As Monday's premiere demonstrated, C. & B.'s love is a many-splendored (read: twisted) thing. Its success or failure won't follow any logical path. No Serena for Nate, as he'll be otherwise occupied with guest star JoAnna Garcia, who plays Texan heiress Bree Buckley. "I invested in a lot of lip balm and a spray tan, and just prepared myself to make out all summer," Garcia says of filming her four-episode stint. She compares their affair to that of Romeo and Juliet. "It's very poetic and lovely," she says. Oh, happy dagger!

What can you tell me about Claire's new college roommate on Heroes? — Justin
ADAM: "She's really the first person that [Claire has] been able to let in on her secret, somebody who's really a confidant," Hayden Panettiere says of Madeline Zima's Gretchen. "But that's a very delicate balance that can easily, you know, fall apart." One not-so-delicate way the show might screw it up? Forced girl-on-girl sexual tension! I blame Katy Perry.

Will we ever see Jane Lynch sing on Glee? — Melissa
MICKEY: That would be something, right? Though series creator Ryan Murphy has said that all his actors had both singing and acting auditions, we've yet to hear anything but biliousness issue forth from Sue Sylvester's golden throat, and we're probably not going to. But she will dance! "I dance with Matthew Morrison, who is a terrific dancer," Lynch tells us. "We do a Lindy hop, and I flip him like a little girl. I kind of play the boy."

Any Castle scoop for the new season?  I'm really hooked on this show. — Corlando
ADAM: Have you heard that Debi Mazar recurs as Castle's book agent starting in October? Well, apparently their relationship hasn't always been strictly business. "She had some romantic moment in the past with him and that starts something. That's all I'll say," Mazar teases. Sorry, Det. Beckett.

What do you know about Dollhouse's little Battlestar Galactica reunion? — Campbell
MICKEY: Jamie Bamber appears in the season premiere as an arms dealer who falls prey to Echo's charms, and before the episode's end he'll share at least one explosive scene with former BSG comrade Tahmoh Penikett. Meanwhile, Dr. Saunders' finale revelations have left Whiskey with a lot of questions — namely, can she go out on a date? Can she choose with whom she'll have sex? The answer to both appears to be no, and that sends her on a journey of sorts.

What can you tell me about the new season of Lie to Me? — Christina
ADAM: It's a good thing the show bumped Mekhi Phifer up to series regular, because come Episode 2, his character will save the day when guest star Garret Dillahunt takes Lightman & Co. hostage.

What's coming up on Californication? — Althea
MICKEY: It breaks my heart to say this, but Hank's charming daughter Becca (the adorable Madeleine Martin) is going to turn into a real pill this season after Karen decamps for New York. It seems that Hank's permissiveness will backfire when Becca's demeanor starts matching her goth appearance.

I can't wait for John Lithgow's Trinity Killer on Dexter! Got any teases? — Valerie
ADAM: Not only does Trinity kill in threes, but he also kills in three very distinct ways. And because he's so fond of cycles, his string of Miami murders will echo the locations of his similar killing spree there 30 years prior.

Will Amy Poehler's Leslie ever find love on Parks and Recreation? — Josh
MICKEY: Will Leslie find a "soup-snake" like her spiritual partner-in-idiocy Michael Scott found his Holly? Who would Poehler like to cast as Leslie's love interest? "Either Wesley Snipes or President Jimmy Carter as himself," she jokes. In the meantime, a little bird tells me that comedian Louis C.K. will join the cast for several episodes as a police officer who takes a shine to Leslie. "She's not used to having that kind of attention," Poehler says. "And she likes it."

Mickey's Mega Rave: True Blood's season finale was a dense hour packed with short bursts of revelatory scenes that showcased the fine ensemble of the HBO series, which won a Creative Emmy for casting this week. Among those deserving special praise are Jim Parrack as mama's boy Hoyt, Dale Raoul as his controlling mother Maxine; and Carrie Preston as the ever-beleaguered single mom Arlene. It was nice to see these often-underused characters come to the fore for a moment.

Adam's Mini Rant: Yes, Kanye is a tool, but at least his antics distracted everyone from how terrible a host Russell Brand is. His shtick was identical to that of last year's VMAs, when it was also a miserable failure. At least they had the good sense to keep him off stage for most of Sunday's show.

Reader Quote of the Week: "Leno just made my life so much easier. Now I know what I will be watching: Castle on Mondays; The Good Wife on Tuesdays; Eastwick on Wednesdays; The Mentalist on Thursdays; and Numbers on Fridays. — zoot, on Leno's timeslot competitors

Source

Boreanaz, Panettiere to present at Emmys

David Boreanaz and Hayden Panettiere are among the latest set of presenters announced for the 61st primetime Emmy Awards.

The actors, famous for their respective roles in Angel and Heroes, will be joined by Patricia Arquette, Jon Cryer, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Rob Lowe, Tracy Morgan, Bob Newhart, Josh Radnor and Cobie Smulders at the event.

It was previously announced that Tina Fey and Jon Hamm will also be handing out trophies during the annual awards ceremony alongside a raft of other stars.

The event will be broadcast live on CBS between 8pm and 10pm Sunday, September 20.

Source

Mega Buzz: Scoop on CSI, SVU, Grey's, 90210 and More!

Will we get an update on how Sara and Grissom are doing when Jorja Fox returns to CSI? — Michael
ADAM: What kind of an update are you looking for, Jennifer? A big one? OK, then: Sara and Gil got hitched! Unfortunately, it sounds like married life doesn't suit Sara. "I think she's struggling a little bit with being a housewife," Marg Helgenberger says, explaining why Mrs. Grissom returns to the team. "She comes [to help us] from Paris, where her husband is giving some kind of a lecture series." Come on, Gil — PowerPoints bore everyone, especially wives.

What's this I hear about Benson and Stabler making out on Law & Order: SVU? — Marilyn J.
MICKEY: You hear a lot, and almost none of it is true! I'm hearing that Benson and Stabler might go undercover together, though it won't be as lovahs. I think Mariska was trying out some ha-has on the press this weekend at the Emmys, and not everyone got the joke. In true news, Christine Lahti will be returning to the show around Episode 9 to fill the ever-elusive ADA spot... for now anyway.

Gallery: See photos of Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni

How will Grey's Anatomy write around the absences of Ellen Pompeo and Katherine Heigl? — Jennifer
ADAM: The show will shift its focus to more character-centric episodes, according to executive producer Krista Vernoff. One hour, for example, will be almost exclusively dedicated to Derek and a patient. Seattle Grace's merger with Mercy West will bring in some new blood — and cut loose some long-standing characters. "There are some that stay [and] some that don't make it," says Chandra Wilson. "There will be some familiar faces ... we wanted the audience to be able to feel that this is a huge thing and that there was a loss there."

When is Kelly coming back? 90210 is no fun without her! — Carolyn
MICKEY: You must be over 30, Carolyn, because I feel the same way about the show. Kelly will be back, but I'm afraid the circumstances will be sad when Kelly and Silver's high-maintenance mom hits the skids again. Jackie has a new tormentor, and it's not one that can be cured by rehab.

Will Addison get a new love interest this season on Private Practice? — Elizabeth
ADAM: We took your question straight to Kate Walsh, but I'm afraid you may not like the answer. "I think we're holding off for a while," she says. "[Creator Shonda Rhimes] is really interested in just seeing Addison single and running the practice with Sam." But that means more scenes with Taye Diggs — and more Taye Diggs is always a good thing, amirite, ladies?

More Jim-Pam Office wedding scoop, please! — Lynn
MICKEY: "There's something nutty that happens at the rehearsal dinner," Ellie Kemper (who plays the new receptionist, Erin) tells us, really emphasizing the word nutty. "It will become clear how smart that was, what I just said, when you watch it. There's something that happens that's nuts." Any guesses? I say peanut allergy-induced anaphylactic shock — nothing is more hilarious, especially at a wedding.

See photos of the cast of The Office

What can we expect more of this season on Smallville: Chlark or Clois? —  Mark
ADAM: In his quest to become the Man of Steel, Clark shuns pretty much everyone. He is particularly icy to Chloe, for whom he refuses to go back in time to save Jimmy. But The Blur does come to Lois in her time of need. Oh, and she's got sex on the brain... at least while she's sleeping.

On Gossip Girl, Chuck and Blair's "games" are definitely going to end badly, aren't they? — Lydia
MICKEY: It depends on how you define badly. Will they enter a murder-suicide pact? Probably not. Will they break up? Oh, sure, probably several hundreds of times this season alone. "It just gets crazy. They're like on and off, [but] it's hot," teases Leighton Meester. Hot is good, right?

Got any scoop on Lie to Me? — Steven
ADAM: The new season will further explore Lightman's relationship with his ex-wife (Jennifer Beals), which Tim Roth says is a product of the show's turn toward more character arcs. Also, look for Jericho's Lennie James to pop up as a man from Lightman's past who's back to stir up some trouble.

What do we know about Kristin Chenoweth's guest role on Glee? — Charley
MICKEY: "Let's just say it's a character that you haven't seen me play before," Chenoweth says. More specifically: She's a former classmate of Will's who likes her hooch well-aged and her man candy barely legal.

See Chenoweth in our Emmys Red Carpet Hits & Misses gallery

How soon will we see Dexter kill again in the new season? — Norris
ADAM: About 50 minutes into the premiere, give or take a few diaper changes. But the methodically pristine Dex we're used to will make a few huge errors when his ritual is interrupted by a phone call from Rita. I'll say this much: Get ready for a scavenger hunt in Episode 2.

Will Daniel have another girlfriend when Ugly Betty returns? — Michael
MICKEY: Not exactly. A woman he meets at a bereavement class will become his assistant... and confidante. And what will this Betty substitute look like? She'll look like Entourage's Jamie Lynn Sigler, but with a twist. "You won't recognize me in my hair and makeup," Sigler hints. "It's kind of a disguise." I'm seeing braces and a poncho, and I hope to Suarez I'm wrong.

Adam's Mega Rave: How amazing was Mad Men's "Guy Walks Into an Advertising Agency"? Putting aside my utter devastation at the possibility of losing my Joanie for a moment, let's talk about the danger of letting a tipsy secretary behind the wheel of a riding lawnmower inside a Madison Avenue high-rise. Only the brilliant Matt Weiner could make us laugh so heartily at a scene that ends with an amputation. Now, who's up for some golf? (Not so fast, MacKendrick.)

Mickey's Mini Rant: Yes, Mad Men was bloody awesome, unlike Oprah Winfrey's bloodless co-opting of the show's cool vibe for a recent hour that paired cursory interviews with Jon Hamm and January Jones with corny-nostalgic segments about the Slinky and Leave It to Beaver. Hell's bells, Oprah — don't be such a square!

Reader Quote of the Week: "Schwing!" — the unfortunately named kentrod, on the news that Heather Locklear will be stopping by the new Melrose Place

Source

Lawrence: 'Cox playing herself on Cougar'

Cougar Town executive producer Bill Lawrence has admitted that Courteney Cox plays an "exaggerated version of herself" on the show.

The 45-year-old Friends star portrays the character of Jules Cobb, a newly-single mother of a 17-year-old son. In real life, husband David Arquette is eight years her junior.

Lawrence called the actress a "fearless comedian" and explained that parts of the role's traits are derived from Cox's own personality.

He told ABC News: "I think Courteney Cox is great at playing the comedy of discomfort. She's a fearless comedian.

"Courteney says what's on her mind. She sometimes doesn't have a filter. She's basically playing an exaggerated version of herself."

Cox recently said that Zac Efron would make "perfect" prey for real-life cougars.

Cougar Town debuts tonight at 9.30pm on ABC.

Source

Schilling: 'Mercy differs from Grey's'

Mercy star Taylor Schilling has claimed that the new medical drama differs from Grey's Anatomy.

The actress, who plays nurse Veronica Callahan on the NBC series, said that the programme focuses on the characters' lives in and out of the hospital.

She told TV Guide: "[It's about] real people trying to get through their lives, outside of work and inside of work.

"The hospital is important [in that it's] where their lives are taking place, but it's more about the characters navigating their lives."

Schilling also revealed that her role finds herself in an "interesting dilemma" when a doctor that she cheated with returns during the first episode.

She added: "I know that Veronica's committed to her husband and is really trying to make that work, but there's the distraction of this other man at work on a daily basis.

"Both men are really important to her, and in a way, almost serve different needs. So it's a really interesting dilemma."

It was reported earlier that Kate Mulgrew had joined the cast as the mother of Schilling's character.

Mercy premieres tonight at 8pm on NBC.

Source

ABC to break up 'V' debut; first four episodes air in November

An ABC spokeswoman confirmed exclusively to EW that V, the network’s much anticipated reboot of the old NBC miniseries, will air for a limited, four-episode run in November and then return to the schedule after the Olympics in March. News of the show’s unique rollout comes amid rampant speculation that the Warner Bros. TV drama was undergoing a serious overhaul after news broke that it would halt production for a two-week hiatus. Now, an insider confirms, the hiatus will extend for another four weeks to prepare for the show’s previously announced Nov. 3 debut. An ABC spokeswoman says it was always the network’s intent to the run the science fiction drama in “pod” form to treat it more like event programming.

The drama about an alien race that comes to earth – purportedly in peace – stars Elizabeth Mitchell and Scott Wolf.

Source

Monday 21st September

8:00PM
Dancing with the Stars17.5 Million
House16.5 Million
How I Met Your Mother9.2 Million
Heroes6.0 Million
One Tree Hill2.5 Million

8:30PM
Accidentally on Purpose9.0 Million

9:00PM
Two And A Half Men13.6 Million