32 12
Thread
Printable Version

Hawaii Five-O (2010) Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x15: This episode airs on this coming Sunday, cant wait.

Reply 76#76 shinny's post

the ratings are like 10-11 million an episode and 2.8-3.2 in the 18-49 demographic which is what networks care about, because of that the show is almost certain to be renewed.

According To The New York Times Hawaii Five-O Has Been Renewed

Love the show and hopefully it only gets better next season.

Episode 1: Pilot

This was a great episode to kick start Hawaii Five-O, the opening sequence to this episode with McGarrett's dad being killed and their being a massive shoot-out was amazing, the best thing about this episode for me was the interaction between Steve McGarrett & Danny Williams which I found extremely funny most of the time, I was impressed with how McGarrett got the information he wanted out of Sang Min, I liked the fight scene between McGarrett & Victor Hess but I wish it had gone on a bit longer, my favourite scene was near the end when McGarrett said to Danny that famous line from the original TV series  “Book Em Danno”.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 9-10-2011 19:23 ]

Episode 2: Ohana

This was a fantastic episode, I loved the comment Danny made to McGarrett at the start about wanting to dress like a normal cop, the scene when McGarrett hung a suspect over the edge of a hotel roof had me in stitches, I guessed that Natalie Reed/Nadia Lukovic was involved in Roland Lowrys kidnapping and her fight scene with Kono was awesome, the case ending sequence with McGarrett & Co taking down the bad guys while also saving Roland & Evan was brilliant, my favourite scene was at the end when McGarrett, Danny & Chin all gave Kono an individual Graduation Gift, I continue to enjoy the banter that goes on between McGarrett & Danny.

Episode 3: Malama Ka Aina

This was a great episode, I hope that Grace makes more appearances because the interaction she has with Danny is amazing, the tackle by McGarrett on a suspect in the Food Market was brutal, I was impressed with the technique McGarrett used on the pizza box to show the gun print, my favourite scene was McGarrett & Danny scaring Joey into talking by using Sharks, the scene of Danny telling his ex wife how much face time he actually has with Grace was touching, it was nice of McGarrett to help Danny out with his ex wife problem, It is a little out of order how Chin Ho is being treated by the police in my opinion.

Episode 4: Lanakila

This was a great episode, I liked the Walton Dawkins escaping prison sequence even if the way it happened was predictable, I really enjoyed the scene of McGarrett beating a prison inmate at a game of Basketball just to get some information on Walton, I wonder if there is anything McGarrett cant do because him being able to fly a helicopter was a surprise, my favourite scene was the ending with Steve & Mary visiting their fathers Grave, I found it funny how Danny blames McGarrett for his bad knee, I also liked the scenes of McGarrett interacting with his sister Mary Ann McGarrett, It might just be me but I absolutely love the Kamekona character.

Episode 5: Nalowale

This was a pretty good episode, I really like the Medical Examiner character Dr. Max Bergman because he just flat out makes me laugh, I loved the scene when McGarrett & Danny made Jordan drink the Martini he had just spiked, It was funny how McGarrett & Chin Ho left Kono holding the Chinese Madams dog, I thought the best thing about this episode was Danny going on about McGarrett occasionally having a smile on his face, It was nice to finally see McGarrett's personal life come into play in this episode, I look forward to seeing where the storyline about Mary taking pictures of what was inside her dad's tool box goes before the end of this season.

Episode 6: Ko'olauloa

This was an excellent episode, It was great to see a Kono centred episode so early on in the show, the scene when Danny & Kono had a heart to heart was a highlight moment of this episode for me, I liked the little back story we got on McGarrett about his Grandfather still being entombed on the Arizona from Pearl Harbor, I really liked the interaction Kono & Ben Bass had going throughout this episode, my favourite scene was when Kono round house kicked somebody off their Bike, I absolutely loved the scene when Danny agreed to let McGarrett keep saying “Book Em Danno”, I really liked the ending this episode had.

Chris O'Donnell and LL COOL J will appear on Hawaii Five-0 in an exciting cross-over event scheduled for May sweeps. Following their appearance on Hawaii Five-0, Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan will pop up on NCIS: Los Angeles the following night. More Details Later

Renewed For A 3rd Season

Well with everything being said its a shame it got only 8 million viewers and a 1.9/4 18-49 rating down from the 12 million and 3.4 last year and as of now its a bubble show.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I hope so but with Revolution doing so well its touch and go, It will being interesting to see how many people watched Hawaii Five-O on DVR when the +7 day ratings come out

Episode 7: Ho'apono

This is my favourite episode of season 1 so far, I don't know why but I laughed a little when seeing that overweight cop run at the start of this episode, I kind of saw the whole McGarrett going swimming to gain access to the ship coming from a mile away but the question Danny tried asking without making sense was quite funny, I thought the best scenes were of Kono interacting with Lily, I guessed Lilly would end up being  kidnapped and then rescued, my favourite scene was of Lily being reunited with her father Graham, I have to admit I did like the story that came out of this episode with Ed McKay knowing McGarrett's grandfather.

Episode 8: Mana'o

I thought this episode was slightly better than the last one, I liked the start of this episode with Danny having a father-daughter moment with Grace, It was great seeing Danny go all out to prove his ex parter Meka wasn't a dirty cop, I loved the scene when Danny & McGarrett went for a little high speed ride with Bastille tied to the bonnet of the car, the scene when Danny attacked Kaleo for killing Meka in HPD Headquarters with the other Detectives just watching was awesome but my favourite scene was the Funeral/Wake for Meka at the very end.

Episode 9: Po'ipu

This was a good episode, I loved the way Danny reacted to meeting Nick for the first time, I didn't like the scene when Kono found the body in the freezer because her reaction was that of somebody who had never found a body before, the scene when Danny again tried to learn something about what McGarrett did in the Navy Seals was funny to watch, I liked the first shoot-out scene we got between Nick's Team & Five-O but my favourite scene was the fight between McGarrett & Nick, I have one last thing to say and that is the banter between Danny & McGarrett was brilliant in this episode.

Episode 10: Heihei

This episode was a vast improvement over the last one, I would love to see more of Kamekona because his character always makes me laugh, I guessed that somebody would try to finish off the surviving security guard but the way the mystery man got away in the Elevator was cool, the scene of McGarrett & Danny making some guy talk by putting more weights on his bar was a little funny, my favourite scenes without any doubt were that of Danny & Rachel interacting but my favourite one was after Rachel crashed her car to help Danny out of a tight situation, I would say the only bad thing was the take down of the robbers mainly because I found it boring.

Episode 11: Palekaiko

This was a really good episode to watch, I like how we keep getting small bits of information about McGarrett's tool box mystery almost every episode, the scene when McGarrett kicked in a motel door was funny because of how Danny's reacted but the scene that was even funnier was the back & forth banter between Danny & McGarrett after McGarrett turned the car radio on, my favourite scene was the somewhat exciting car chase which led to the serial killer jumping off a cliff, I may of mentioned it before but I would love to see Max become a more central character.

Episode 12: Hana 'a'a Makehewa

This was a fantastic episode, I like how we started with Chin Ho having a bomb around his neck before going back in time, the scene when McGarrett learned Victor Hesse was still alive was brilliant because McGarrett showed some real emotion with his facial expression, I loved the car chase scene of McGarrett & Danny chasing after Victor & Sang Min because it led us back to the beginning with Chin Ho having a bomb around his neck, my favourite scene was of McGarrett & Victor fighting which I wish had gone on for longer, I thought the ending to this episode with Wo Fat visiting Victor in prison was perfect for so many reasons.

Episode 13: Ke Kinohi

This was another fantastic episode, It was funny how Danny still found a way to take a dig at McGarrett after he got attacked, I loved the scene when McGarrett landed a helicopter in front of the bad guys car to save Mary, It was funny how Danny forced open the bad guys mouth to see if he had a missing tooth mainly because of what Danny said just before, I didn't like the beach shoot-out that much but it did lead to Hiro Noshimuri being arrested, I cant wait for us to get a Mary episode which doesn't end up with her being in danger and I also cant wait for Wo Fat & McGarrett to have their first real confrontation.

32 12
Thread