Thread
Printable Version

time to buy a new server?

I have to agree with most of the contributers on this thread. I cannot believe how slow and crappy it is now to watch a show on here. I was on this site alot a few months ago, and had no problems and was really impressed. So impressed that I recommended the site to all and sundry. The last couple of months due to long working hours, I have not been on the site until today...and what has happened???!!!! I am trying to watch "Supernatural" but cannot due to the fact the audio is out of sync with the picture, the video stops to reload, and the show would "haltingly" work for 5 seconds before stopping again, which if you have the patience of a saint would take 2-3 hours to watch a 45 minute program!!!!!!! Come on guys, obviously this is serious, as lots of people are experiencing these problems. To offer excuses such as "Use UK instead of USA server" or vice versa, and it might be your "computer", "Broadband speed", "Use it when there is less traffic" etc is a joke. Surely for us consumers, who are paying for a premium service have a right to have what it says on the tin. There has been no offer of refunds, or any goodwill gesture to consumers, and quite frankly no good explaination. Tis a shame as this was once a fantastic site, which may have fallen victim to supply and demand, and can not obviously keep up. For the record I have a brand new souped up Dell, I'm in the UK, I'm with Virgin's premium broadband service, and have NO problem loading up any other pages or programs on the internet. [ Last edited by radley30 at 11-6-2008 20:45 ]

Thanks for the response. I do understand how frustrating it is for you guys as well. It is great that they are aware and have made an announcement about the issues. Also I do hope they find a way to fix it for the others to watch the free shows, but am glad that VIP members who have paid have got back the service we know and love. For the record I have watched 2 episodes of Supernatural, with no problems tonight so I am now one happy bunny!

Thread