Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1174#1174 imarielle626's post

LoL Dont know whether to giggle or be grossed out by that cartoon
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

OWW that does not sound pleasant (slight understatement there!)

Hope you get better soon xx

Well Ive been nose in books for the past two weeks as they just threw tons of coursework at us in the very first week back after Christmas   talk about in at the deep end!

Seems to be settling down slightly now, still have loads of notes to type up and reading to do but no more 12 hour panicked essay writing!

Besides the wounded gypsiegirl I hope that everyone is doing well

Quote:
Originally posted by shinny at 7-2-2008 22:36  

I also just realised that I am not in that half anymore
Awwww dont be sad life is what you make of it .... regardless of age

arghhhhhhhh   need to vent so sorry guys

Been trying on and off since the weekend to complete an assignment and it is driving me insane!!!!!! Think I am on the verge of giving up and just submitting what I have so far

I have complained about this lecturer to the head of teaching for my school as he is setting way way too complex stuff (that we have no grounding in) and its way way wayyyy too much for the marks associated with it *grhhh*

It is an assignment worth 10% or a 10 credit module and according to the head of teaching the maximum is should be is 8 hours work ..... well I dont know anyone who has spent less than 25+ hours trying to complete this THING!!!!

*imaginary rant to the lecturer*
I have no bl**dy idea how to fri**ing calculate shields parameter ...... or what the hell you mean by calculate bankfull dicharge ..... or how to calculate the shear stress imparted to my stream ..... or how to calculate the minimum grain size that my channel bed it stable at ...... sod off TC really beginning to dislike you   I have spent nearly 28 hours fiddling about with this spreadsheet and am now dreading what I am going to have to do for the project that you will be setting for 30% of the module   .... we do have 5 other modules that have coursework to complete this term as well as yours :Q .... *runs away and cries in the corner*

*rant over* sighhhhh feel better now

Lol I doubt that he is  

Apparently every class that he is taking has complained about him - he is such an eager beaver ...... new lecturer trying to make his mark I suppose. I don't think that the head of teaching is very pleased as when I showed him the first bit of coursework set .... he mentioned that he is leaving him nothing to teach in a third year module next year   Its a big chunk of the material that he teaches then ...... so guess it will make Water Resources a nice simple third year option

Thanks for letting me vent

Reply 1568#1568 gabsimom's post

gosh that sounds familiar ...... this guy apparently said to the guys in one class ..... "well its not MY job to teach you this, you should know it already if you took A level physics and math"

Well newsflash ...... not everyone takes Physics and Maths especially if they are going into an Earth Science discipline ....

HI Barb

Not really a newbie was reasonably active on the forum about 2 years ago but been so swamped that had to let it go

As long as the cookie is gluten free

But a cuppa mmmh now I want one!

BTW ... the game site is addictive!!! I have spent a fair few hours on there today LoL

*hugs* Barb had a stress related migrane last week and it sucks

Hope you feel better soon

Thread