Reply 2265#2265 magic4u's post

you been absent

Reply 2290#2290 waterlilybarb's post

Will you be get broadband soon?

Reply 2296#2296 themegababe's post

wow your training to become a  counser-what type

Reply 2298#2298 themegababe's post

ok that nice

i always think that type of job is easy because listen people problem give them advice. yet i don't understand why it takes 5 years to get qualified?.

Reply 2301#2301 meljones_83's post

i am not trying offend anyone I'm just trying to understand why it takes such a long time how can you test these type of skills-i mean exam paper case study and writing how you would treat them. i just think anyone with good head on their shoulder can give advice-all you need is to be a good listener look signs that might suggest depression, suicidal tendency and any dangerous behaviour before giving advice. we all giving advice to your friends when it comes to their problem council ling is same thing only diffrence your dealing with stranger but they don't become stranger if they become your regular patient?

Reply 2303#2303 meljones_83's post

trust me i wouldn't want deal 30 kids -hence why i didn't become a teacher i could of

Quote:
Bala - Well I wasn't offended at all by your question.  I actually thought that might be the case at first too, just listen and tell people what to do. But it is actually so much more than that.  You have to be a close listener and be able to read between lines, basically our professor described it as holding up a filter all day, to see what people are actually saying. And then we have to be careful not to divulge too much information as well, because we need to have proper relationships with our clients.  The biggest problem facing therapists is emotional burnout, I mean we have to listen to all sorts of emotions from people, all day long. And it's not like a friendship where you can talk back and forth and get out your feelings too, nope, you have to hold yours in. And the schooling is about learning to cope with that and how to handle different clients. Also how to diangose harder disorders. etc.  it's 2 years for a masters degree, and then 3000 hours interning, where you are being supervised the whole time. Mostly, the time is so you really know what you are doing. I mean, people's minds are in our hands, we don't want to harm them. Sorry, that was a long answer.
i perfectly understand that i think it going hard not to express your opinion,  you have to listen and be able help them but i just wondering if you don't mind because it's very personal and i wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable but what type of mistakes have you made during the course?. have they just minor or have you ever did mess practice diagnosis?.

Also can you tell me how many times you are allowed re-take any of it ,if fail first time and is there limit on how many times you can do same test?. As you said people minds are in your hands?.

i'm glad you weren't offended i did want make it sound like that i could do it but i just better understanding why it takes so long and you provided with it.

Reply 2321#2321 themegababe's post

i'm sure you had classes where lecture asked you something on fake situation and asked for diagnosis

Reply 2327#2327 themegababe's post

don't worry we just want see what all the fuss is about

you can ask me anything about accountancy?

What type of accounting do you do?

Financial-i prepare yearly accounts for client

hoping eventually going into teaching the profession

Quote:
Originally posted by meljones_83 at 9-9-2008 21:04  
My fiance is an accountant - I'm never sure exactly what it is he does all day!
That the thing-it really depend whether serious or social accountant

Reply 2338#2338 meljones_83's post

oh right he's an auditor

i try to be a serious one but i still few things to learn-not ready to play with the big boys

Reply 2340#2340 meljones_83's post

Well i could wrong-he could be consultant

Reply 2342#2342 gypsiegirl66's post

Trust me i wanted movie reviewer but my English sucks since i was good at number i choose to be accountant-i was interested in litigation when i was younger but interns at law office as high school for my work placement i found out it can get very emotional with client espically rape vicutm who court face the person.

so i choose numbers

Reply 2355#2355 angel-87's post

yep i love the uk

Reply 2438#2438 meljones_83's post

i just heard thank barbs new topic best of luck and hope you enjoy your wedding. man you probably going to start to get nervous a hour before actually wedding start. That what i heard from my married friends. be sure you post picture like Gypsiegirl did.

Reply 2451#2451 waterlilybarb's post

i love getting new glasses

Reply 2453#2453 waterlilybarb's post

one thing i love about glasses is that changes the way you look

Reply 2455#2455 waterlilybarb's post

i like black frame my last one was black but the one i have now is dark brown i like it-i like it more than black frame i had because it matchs my skin colour . i agree about nose pad i find them annoying but nothing i can do about them i just get used to it

Reply 2469#2469 shinny's post

Sorry to hear that i always keep my passport in same place so i don't lose it?.

Thread