Thread
Printable Version

time to buy a new server?

time to buy a new server?

I know equipment is expensive, but the lags at peak usage times are just getting riDICulous. It's a daily thing, always around the same times, and it's getting worse. The site is simply unusable when it happens, forcing me to go elsewhere. So far, it's taken me about 10 minutes to get an episode of 24 up and running -- and it's still not running, because the video keeps halting to reload. I've basically just wasted a couple of points, because it's too irritating trying to watch under these conditions.
Recent Ratings
  • Milks26 Points +5 For server problems 10-28-2008 22:44

I use the EU server. And unfortunately (or fortunately) it's not the episode or my computer, because during the bad times, no episodes work, and during the good times, everything works.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-28-2008 21:16 We are sorry about this i suggest try when not many people on-line
That's really your suggestion? Instead of working to improve your product, you suggest that I just don't use your product when it's not working? You suggest that I watch TV whenever it is most convenient for your server, rather than when is convenient for me? I'm not trying to be mean, but that's not the best business model. What if I paid for unlimited access for a month? Shouldn't I be able to use your sevice whenever I want during that month? If I apply credits toward a show, shouldn't I be able to watch that show? If not, I'm just going to go elsewhere. Upgrading your equipment should be seen as an investment toward retaining your subscribers, and for letting those subscribers spend more money (credits) on your site during peak hours.

fixed?

Just FYI, the site seems to have sped up significantly the last week or so -- no more long delays. Is it just me? If not, perhaps cutting off the free access did the trick.

Thread