Thread
Printable Version

True Blood Added!

Reply 1#1 milliron's post

Yes, I ended up watching these first few eps on another site as well with many pauses, & poor buffering to contend with. So glad to see that from now on I can watch it in good quality. Yayy!!!

Reply 7#7 casper27's post

Yes definitely its on HBO so yeh, definitely more rough around the edges. Its set in the south so the accent takes some getting used to. I wish they had a sexy New Orleans accent but alas they don't. (No offense to any southerners), but its rather annoying at times. But once you get used to that & get passed the 1st episode which is a little overdone with its vulgarity & raunchiness. I find that some vulgarity is OK as it relates to the story or plot, but in the pilot, it was a little too much, as if they were shouting "We're HBO & we can do whatever we want" 'Its not TV its HBO' Yes, we all know that by now, but it doesn't always need to be so in your face. Definitely some sexy, bloody, vampire goodness to look forward to. And I read that it has already been renewed for a second season. So it looks like it will be around for at least another season. Here's hoping...

Reply 22#22 vic1992's post

I too went to the library the other day to get some books, but didn't see them. Of course I couldn't remember the authors name. But I figured that I'd recognize it if I saw it. I checked out some other stuff instead. We live in such a pop culture. Its too bad that it takes a TV show for us to know about a book.

Thread