Thread
Printable Version

VIPTV.NET CAN NOT BE ACCESS IN CHINA

VIPTV.NET CAN NOT BE ACCESS IN CHINA

I am a big fan now of this site including my wife who's a regular viewer of american idol show. My wife is recently in china for a conference. But when she tried to view VIPTV it said that it is blocked from her location. She also tried movieonline.cc but with the same status... All along she cannot access the site... Anyone has an IDEA on this?

Maybe the chinese Government is Blocking them, or the connection she is using is not fast enough. I am really unsure.

I guess the connection is not in question... may be its the blocking (by the government).... so, I guess the idea to transfer the server to China from the US is impossible and I guess that would be the reason why we encountered a BIG problem very recently....

funny thing a Gov't might block the incoming part but still allow them to broadcast to collect taxes from it's operation. Also it might even be a filter where she is staying. This is just a speculation.

dont know any idea how the government can collect taxes from internet operation... but maybe

Reply 5#5 rickman's post

They collect it from the business that is selling the bandwith to other people but they can block it internally in the country by looking at the incomming locale of the requestor. Same thing happens when you try to watch ABC eps on line at ABC if you are not in the States. It is blocked.

ok got it... whatever... anyway, my point is china govt is capable of blocking outgong and incoming internet broadcast... so i guess it is not feasible to relocate the main server of VIPTV to china.... like what lbjedward said, they encountered problem on it...

Lack of connection

I love watching the various BBC shows and there is a online site to watch most of them called "...". Unfortunately they block it if you are out of the EU, I'm in the US. I found that I can watch them if I use a site that hides my IT address and then another site that allows me access them. I wonder if something like this, maybe even just the hidden IT may allow getting around the problem?

reply 8 # 8 gramywheels post...

did you mean your IP address? can share with us how we can hide the IP address with viewing these shows? i guess it is impossible

I know what she means, I think each country must have it's own code maybe even part of the ip address. I can't view shows on the bbc website either and my friends overseas can't watch on our network channels web sites either. They block us so they can sell the rights to a show to a network inyour home country and this way most people have not seen it.

so still... hiding IP address is impossible? sorry I'm not a computer geek....

Thread