27 12
Thread
Printable Version

Anyone in Aussie or NZ having loading issues?

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Wow, that's not good. What speed are you supposed to have? I have a 3mb Broadband connection but I only every get about 2.5mb. It's really fast though, so I don't mind.

My Speed:

Reply 21#21 shinny's post

I am supposed to have up to 16MB but never get above 1MB

Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

Wow, that is some difference.

Reply 24#24 shinny's post

I stopped what i was watching and tried again with 2 different speed tests
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

Ok, so am I wanting to keep an eye on the downloading speed or just the speed in general? I gave up trying to watch episode 15 and moved onto 16 and after a couple of tries today, I was able to watch it! Nothing has changed! Of course, then when I try to watch episode 17, it is not working again! Can't seem to win! Ok, so my internet is absolutely crap!! Check out my reading... I shall be calling the provider tomorrow, because they guarantee a speed of 3.6mbps and that is what "their" stats say on the launch tool - Download 17.64mbps and Upload 3.64mbps) The tool you provided Shinny gave me these readings: Download: 64kbps (so that is only .64mbps) Upload: 40kbps The download test took 15 minutes to complete!! So it must have slowed right down in the past week! How rude! So, they are completely lying! [ Last edited by lisecnz at 3-1-2009 10:49 ]

Reply 26#26 lisecnz's post

Well, therein lies your problem Lise. 64bps is the equivalent of dial up speed! Definitely do contact them. My brother lives in Melbourne and I know they had some issues with their connection speed a while back, but it's sorted now.

27 12
Thread