Thread
Printable Version

This site is still very good,

This site is still very good,

Hi to all members, I know some members are having problems, i do too but i have always been sorted in a very short space of time. I , too have looked around at other sites, and some are good,but have problems just like here. So, guys, hang in here,the quality here is the best,ok sometimes it fails,but still i would rather be here and see quality 96% of the time , than 50-70% of the other sites,which lose sound synchronization or have adverts showing on the show.
Recent Ratings
  • trulee Points +4 For your support for the site 2-7-2009 05:58

ITA. I get good quality video and sound, plus no ads. I can't even watch regular TV anymore. The ads drive me nuts. How many members do you think this site has? I suspect many of the problems are caused by incorrect settings on RP. More buffering time and pick the right connection. If RP picked cable and in reality you have slow DSL, it will cause a bottleneck. Streaming video is not a continuous feed, it's a bunch of packets that get to your computer using different routes. For those of us using linux, it's important to remove the totem plugins, as they'll try to play the RP files, and install the non-free realplayer. Type about:plugins in the address bar to make sure you have the RP plugins installed in Firefox. You can do that in windows too to check your plugins in Firefox.
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +4 thanks, great advice.. 2-7-2009 20:14

i did not know. ty for the info. much appreciated. dee

Site news

I must be very lucky, I have had absolutely no problems with logging on and the quality of this site is outstanding vip.tv you r ock!

Can anyone help?

I have been using this website without any trouble for a year but recently I have lost a lot of points because the episodes wouldn't load. Now I am getting the message - The page “TV-video.net” has content of MIME type “audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed - I guess something has been changed on the site to make it better but it has made it worse for me as I have no idea how to put this right. Can anyone help? Answered by lbjedward: Are you using a MAC? TV-video.net wasn't upgraded rerecently. I recommend you to check the safari-help-installed plugins directory, if you didn't find flashplayer plugin or it's out of date(the latest is version 10) download it at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Then go to Quicktime Preferences-advanced, Check Enable Flash, and under Mime settings/Miscellananeous only check Quicktime HTML (QHTM). In Macintosh HD-Library-Quicktime-delete any files relating to DivX (if already installed). Now repair permissions and restart.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 For your inconvenience~ 2-16-2009 12:17

Reply 5#5 divbo's post

Are you using a mac? You can get your lost points back by sending a PM of your viewing history to lbjedward. Read this post.

Reply 5#5 divbo's post

As serena75 stated, you can get your lost points, by following the link she posted. I have never heard of this issue, but I will see if someone else has an answer for you. Thank you for your patience!

Try uninstalling realplayer and reinstalling it. or viewing from IE instead of firefox.

Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

Good idea Tina! If you need to uninstall & reinstall Real Player, you should do a Clean uninstall. If all of the files are not removed it can cause many problems, some very small, some very bothersome. This has helped me when just uninstalling/reinstalling hasn't worked. Clean uninstall....Go to Start>> Control Panel>> Add or Remove Programs. Scroll down to Real Player and highlight it, then click on Change/Remove and uninstall. After you uninstall RP, you will see a pop-up, that says it was unable to remove some of the RP files. Click OK. Then close Control Panel and go to Start>>My Computer>> C-Drive>> Program Files>> (R-click on the file "Real" and delete the file). Then while you are still in Program Files double click on Common Files>> (R-click on the file "Real" and delete the file). Close window and reinstall a fresh RP. Please, let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

Thank you for all your advice. Gypsy got it right in the end and it was a real player issue. I am so happy I have the use of this great site back! Thanks again

Reply 1#1 grah3's post

I fully agree I am guilty of complaining about the little problems that pop up but to be truthful I've checked out aLOT of sites and this one is one, if not the best of them all. I know it costs alittle bit but in the big picture for me it's the perfect way to watch TV. My computer sits in my office The Tv is in the den for the family. I am addicted to my computer...lol...there is alot of truth in that statement. Anyway I watch almost everything online. I like having control at my fingertips and the ability to watch when it's convenient for me. Ok now I'm getting wordy. My point, I agree great site
Things Change

I too am extremely lucky I never have any problems with this site and have been a member for over a year. It's my go to web site

Thread