Thread
Printable Version

Hearing Impaired

Hearing Impaired

I have a friend who loves Tv almost as much as me. I sent her the site forgeting about her being hearing impaired is there options in real player to help out with sub titles or captions?

Reply 1#1 oberleja's post

This is an issue which pops up from time to time. As of yet, there is no way to use any option Real Player may have to assist the hearing inmpaired when watching our shows from this site.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Alright Thank you for replying

Quote:
Originally posted by oberleja at 10-31-2008 12:14 AM I have a friend who loves Tv almost as much as me. I sent her the site forgeting about her being hearing impaired is there options in real player to help out with sub titles or captions?
I can't see Real Player helping out on that. They aren't known for their consideration in such matters. I have an idea though. A LOT of television shows have their scripts up online after they air. It won't cover everything and it would take a fair amount of searching, but it is possible that it might be a help for some things. I wish I could remember where I saw scripts once, but it was awhile ago. Would working through headphones help? I don't have any real serious hearing loss other than normal for my age, but I know I can hear about 10X better with headphones. Good luck!!
Recent Ratings
  • casper27 Points +2 Helping fellow member :-) 11-2-2008 05:39
  • casper27 Treasure +2 Helping fellow member :-) 11-2-2008 05:39
Would YOU go through the Stargate?

Thread