Thread
Printable Version

Freezing problems?

Freezing problems?

is anyone else having a problem with the shows freezing at 3 to 5 mins into the episode. For some reason this is happening to me and i need to know if the problems on my end or are others having the same problem. every since i upgrade firefox it's been crashing much more often so i'm wondering if thats the problem but it also happens when i use saffari. so i'm highly annoyed but not sure at who yet.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 1#1 kwargalla's post

I have just watched the latest episode of The Middleman in the pop-up window with no problem and i am using the latest version of firefox

No problems either

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

than it sounds like a problem on my end cause that's one of the show's that froze on me. if anyone has an idea of what may be happening to my puter (i'm on a mac) - please drop me a pm or post. thanks

Reply 4#4 kwargalla's post

The first thing i usually do is restart my computer and router i use a wireless connection so i do the router first because it takes a bit longer to reset

I have the same problem but I am at work so I am not sure if it is something to do with work or VIP

i've tried the computer shutdown/re-boot & the internet router un-plug a couple times. not sure why this is suddenly happening. i've had firefox crash on me about ten times today. i'm not sure i like the newest version, ever since i've upgraded it's been crashing daily on me. this is so maddening - i wish i could blame it on the website but sadly it seems to be my computer

Reply 7#7 kwargalla's post

Like Codebreaker suggested...re-starting your pc should fix it. I was hav ing trouble yesterday to....restart worked

Reply 7#7 kwargalla's post

I had problems when firefox 3 was launched but i read somewhere to uninstall firefox and realplayer and re-install firefox first which i did and touch wood i haven't had any more problems

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

That was my suggestion to another user....can I get a pat on the back just kidding....glad the suggestion helped

Reply 10#10 Milks26's post

Thanks i couldn't remember where i read it

well thanks to everyone!!! i tried all your suggestions to no avail but than switched servers and everything is now back to normal. Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement. i'm back to enjoying my shows.

If you do find out what is causing it please post the solution because there are those rare few that have this problem consistantly and could use another option than those already available to us as users/viewers. I do have to say though the problems I've had have been fairly easy to get help with. This is an unusual situation,in my experience, and I am one in very few from what I hear, Firefox Always stalls out no matter what show I am watching. I gave it up and went back to regular old fashioned IE and never have those problems anymore. Like I mentioned though I believe that is not the usual case, most would say firefox is best and I would agree for most it is but not for me for some reason. Again I wish you luck and please do let us know how it turns out!

Reply 13#13 suzannasinister's post

There must be a compatibility issue with some thing installed on your computer i never had a problem until firefox 3 came out but following overs advise got it sorted an now it is my default web browser

Reply 13#13 suzannasinister's post

At the moment any time i try to watch show's on the EU server it crashes firefox within 3 to 5 min's into the show. This problem only started recently (like in the last 3 days or so) I have no problems watching the shows on the US server, so that's the solution i've come up with. (i know pretty low tech but it's working for me. I have know idea why the EU server is giving me these troubles but i must say it is not soling related to firerfox because when using safari the show freezes 3-5min in - luckly not crashing the program but ending the viewing all the same. if i find out or figure out why this may be happening i'll be sure to post. cheers

frezzing

I have the same problem and have tryed to restart still does it and it also starts and stops alot plus sometiles the audio and video don't mess. I try and get through as best I can because I am at a loss as to what to try next. Thanks

Reply 16#16 hockeyfan6868's post

Have you tried to un-install forefox...then re-start ur pc? the site & firefox seem to be a war with each other of late

help!!!!

i also have freezing problems but about half way through the show i also have time when itll say transfering and then itll say done at the bottem but be a blank window and i dont know what to do

Thread