Thread
Printable Version

Announcement question...

Announcement question...

I have recieved several announcements in my PM's recently, but I can't figure out how to delete them.  It's annoying to have them listed at the top every time I log on.  Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Reply 1#1 goaliesbear's post

you can't delete them

That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask anyway.  I was hoping there was a trick I didn't know about LOL Thanks Bala

Reply 3#3 goaliesbear's post

last time annoucement were deleted was when fourm upgraded from 5.0 to 6.0

Oh so they won't go away at all?  I thought maybe there was a timeline or something and they'd eventually go away.  Well that's annoying...why don't they make them so they can be deleted like other messages? lol  

Reply 5#5 goaliesbear's post

because they are important messages from the admins

You cant get rid of them but if you go to your pm center and read them they will not appear at the top of the forum any more

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I understand they're "important" but once I've read them, it would be nice to be able to get rid of them.  I never said they weren't important messages.  

Reply  7#7 carlorica's post
do they come back the next time you log on?

I just think there should be a choice, keep or not to keep.  Once we've read them, it would be nice to be able to delete them.

[ Last edited by goaliesbear at 7-11-2008 15:28 ]

Reply 8#8 goaliesbear's post

Just do not clear your cookies for this web address and they will not come back. The cookies stores the kind of info like if you have already read an announcement.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 9#9 01torres's post

Ok, I'll try that Torres! Thanks bunches

Sorry for the inconvenience

i would delete that soon

Thread