Thread
Printable Version

Smallville Season 7-10 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I think i will watch this from the start at some point along with the old Lois & Clark

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

You are crazy that's 230 Episodes i thought you are busy with X files

Weren't you some season 5 of X files ?

Reply 16#16 bala's post

The X Files is hard to watch long term that why i said at some point i still want to watch the rest of Blood Ties and a few others

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

I thought you finish blood ties it's only two season ?

Reply 18#18 bala's post

Still got season two to finish

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I have already done 4 seasons I think

Finale

Well everyone we've made it 10 yrs.  I started this show with my roomates in College and finished it a bit later!   

I thought the finale was excellent.  Bringing in Martha and Johnathan Kent was fabulous.  Showing all of clarks "trails" in the crystal place as a flashback was also fabulous!  Wonderful use of memory lane.

my only complaint was the wedding.  They choose to get married 7 years later!!!  Anyone else think that was weird??

Chloe and her "arrow weilding" son 7 years in the future was AWESOME!  Good use of projection.   Overall the finale was well done.  They didn't linger too long on the negative choosingto focus on the other things.

HE FLEW IN THE CAPE!!!!!!   (yay!)      That was perfect
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 21#21 arksongbird80's post

Good Finale, though I would like to have more Lex, the whole interaction between him and Clark, was classic Lex (real close to comic book Lex).  Wish they would have spent more time on the darkseid story and less on the marriage.

The way they ended the Lex story was great, good explanation of why Lex doesn't know CK is Superman.  The classic theme music, with the bumbling Clark who then rips his shirt off to show the S was the  perfect way to end.

About a movie with these characters, Not going to happen, there is already a new Superman movie (2012, Superman: Man of Steel in the works and Welling wasn't even considered (Henry Cavill has the part). He (Tom Welling) has said he wants to play different characters, break out of the whole Superman role.  Though there has been rumors of Marvel trying to woe him to play a superhero.

Overall, though there was was some campiness (Green Arrow destroying the 3 disciples with one shot was one) in the finale and the last hour was rushed, I felt it was a decent ending.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Thread